Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OK....Im scared now!!

OK....Im scared now!!

Old Oct 10th 2003, 10:42 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OK....Im scared now!!

Well, its hubbys last day at work today, shippers come on Tuesday/wednesday, my 6 yrs old finished school next Friday and its all hitting me today that we are actually going!!:scared:

Oh my bloody god!!!

Up until now Ive been plodding along as though its not real, although I knew it was, if that makes sense. After all the planning, its finally happening and its hit me like a brick!!

We leave the house end of October(hopefully.....not exchanged yet...uh oh!!) then mad visiting up and down the country to family and friends then fly out on 16th November. LESS THAN 6 WEEKS!! 37 days infact.

SHIT
Old Oct 10th 2003, 11:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts exactly Teresa! Oh SHIT!!!!

Last day at work, move out Sunday, stuff shipped Wednesday, off to say bye bye to family next Friday! HELP!!! Can't get everything in the boxes, my email account has collapsed and lost loads of stuff....that brick has just smacked me in the back of the head I think!
What are we DOING!! 3 weeks today I shall be at Heathrow.....AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!
Old Oct 10th 2003, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

HBgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Im at 54 days, and alternating between exitement and panic.

My shipping has gone so im living out of a suitcase for a fare while.

Have you still got much to do? Or do you feel sorted?

My lists of lists are now easing off a bit...Its just all the things i have forgoten that worry me:scared:
Old Oct 10th 2003, 11:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I feel sorted until I get home and look round at how much "last minute" stuff there is left to put in or throw away! The garbos got 9 bags and a motheaten rug this morning, and there'll be more left on the pavement when I go next week!!
Its a sort of state of controlled hysteria I think - but someone found a bottle of wine in the fridge at work so thats helping!
Old Oct 10th 2003, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough

Hi all,
I can certainly empathise with all the 'aaarrrggghhhs'! My sense of fear just increased from the day I got the visa right up until the shippers arrived.

But...... I have to say having expended so much time worrying and feeling anxious & terrified, when I shut the front door for the last time and handed over the keys I felt completely liberated.

Now I am at my folks tearing up and down the country saying goodbye and yes it's stressful living out of suitcases and my mum drives me mad and I'm knackered, but I can really give myself up to actually feeling excited! And I really do feel I am headed for a big adventure and if i don't want to stay in Oz for ever I will come home.

So I hope y'all get the same sense of liberation nearer the time. Hang on in there!

Bella
Old Oct 10th 2003, 12:22 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I am at that stage as well. 33 days till we leave 20 working days left. House sold living at dad's stuff sold. Most of the stuff is packed last minute stuff still to do. Finish packing in 2 weeks time then organise collection.

Argghhhh so much to do not enough time. Saying our farewells on the 8th Nov big party planned not sure if I am looking forward to it or dreading it. How many times will I cry. I get upset reading other peoples threads on leaving the family.

The thing keeping me going is backpacking for 3 months on the way. Might have chilled out by the time I get there

Jo
Old Oct 10th 2003, 12:23 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I am at that stage as well. 33 days till we leave 20 working days left. House sold living at dad's stuff sold. Most of the stuff is packed last minute stuff still to do. Finish packing in 2 weeks time then organise collection.

Argghhhh so much to do not enough time. Saying our farewells on the 8th Nov big party planned not sure if I am looking forward to it or dreading it. How many times will I cry. I get upset reading other peoples threads on leaving the family.

The thing keeping me going is backpacking for 3 months on the way. Might have chilled out by the time I get there

Jo
Old Oct 10th 2003, 12:59 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

crikey!!!!!!!! as i said in a previous thread - GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL - THERE ARE SO MANY OF YOU GOING OVER THE NEXT MONTH OR 2 WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT YOU????

Theresa c - let us know what nursing is like out there - well, it cant be worse than the nhs can it?

Pollyanna - its 2.10 and you should be counting down the minutes til you leave work!!! how exciting is that!!!???

dont forget us now, will you?

sue :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Oct 10th 2003, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: OK....Im scared now!!

Originally posted by teresa.c
Well, its hubbys last day at work today, shippers come on Tuesday/wednesday, my 6 yrs old finished school next Friday and its all hitting me today that we are actually going!!:scared:

Oh my bloody god!!!

Up until now Ive been plodding along as though its not real, although I knew it was, if that makes sense. After all the planning, its finally happening and its hit me like a brick!!

We leave the house end of October(hopefully.....not exchanged yet...uh oh!!) then mad visiting up and down the country to family and friends then fly out on 16th November. LESS THAN 6 WEEKS!! 37 days infact.

SHIT

Oh god, I remember the feeling well, still can't believe we got through that and we have been here just over 4 months now, good luck with everything, maybe we could meet up in Perth, where are you staying.
take care enjoy your last few weeks

yve
Old Oct 10th 2003, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pollyana
I feel sorted until I get home and look round at how much "last minute" stuff there is left to put in or throw away! The garbos got 9 bags and a motheaten rug this morning, and there'll be more left on the pavement when I go next week!!
Its a sort of state of controlled hysteria I think - but someone found a bottle of wine in the fridge at work so thats helping!

Hope you had a good last day at work Pollyanna, good luck with everything, enjoy your new life, if you ever do a trip to Perth please call in
take care
yve
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:46 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Fantastic, hope you got drunk on your last day at work, expect you will be feeling a bit delicate tomorrow
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:58 pm
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Spare a thought for me - 7 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

Everything has to be packed by tomorrow and am going out with girls tonight for farewell drinks so not looking forward to tomorrow at all! Husband finished work today and is out with the lads too so what a sorry pair we will be - and so much still to pack!

Have done the visiting thing and just got back from driving a van full of stuff from S Wales to Dorset - knackered and looking forward to that drink!

General moan - why are so called friends so crap? This is my last week in the country and my last chance to go out. It's been arranged for ages and I have had two people cry off already with excuses like "Oh, I thought it was next weekend, I'm going to Bristol this weekend".

Like you can't postpone a weekend to Bristol. What do they expect me to do? Change my flights??
Moan over. Anyone else had this?
Old Oct 10th 2003, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

We have the packers coming Wed, Thurs, leave the house on Friday.

Kids finish school on 23rd, Chris finishes work on the 24th and we fly on the 27th!:scared:

I was up til this week, very excited and optomistic but suddenly feel absolutely terrified. In one sense just wish we were going now as I don't think all these goodbyes and staying with people is goona help one little bit. I'm usually better just getting on with it.

It's the starting one of the most stressful periods of our lives without our close friends for support that freaks me the most, but hubby has said, to get on the phone if I need to and not worry about the cost!!! Do you think I can make that last for a couple of years and stretch to a bit of retail therapy as well!

Goodluck to everybody who's leaving in the next few weeks
Old Oct 10th 2003, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

:scared: Hi.teresa we are leaving for perth 4 weeks to-day, house is very empty, our furniture left uk begining of week kids finish school half term they can,t wait .Have you any idea were in perth you are going? we are hoping to live in mandurah it looks and sounds really nice ,staying in a holiday home for two weeks while we look for a house to rent untill we buy our own

Rowena
Old Oct 10th 2003, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

LissyP is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Good Luck - I'm sure all will be fine. We too are hoping to go to Perth in November..already having sleepless nights and panic attacks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.