Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OK, I am hanging my head in shame!

OK, I am hanging my head in shame!

Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all
Default OK, I am hanging my head in shame!

We, like most people are trying to sell our house. We have, IMHO, a nice detached 4-bed house that has had a load of interest. We have, as yet, to have any offers, but there are a few houses up for sale in the area and not a lot of buyers. With each viewing we take each negative feedback on the chin, try to correct it, and move on. We have got used to 'the garden's too small', 'they didn;t like the shed in next door's garden', 'it is too individual', 'it is too estate-like', 'it is too remote' (we are the last house at the end of a culdesac), 'it is in too built up an area','it is too quiet' etc. But today I got the shock of my life. Our feedback for this week was that the vendors did not like that my seven-year-old son had left a parcel in the toilet and left his pants in the bathroom!! and then when they viewed his room, he promptly told them to get out of it.

Obviously, I was completely unaware of this as I was waiting dutifully in the garden, knowing I had cleaned the bathrooms and that my son would be ok playing playstation quietly in his room. I was gobsmacked and if it actually wasn't so funny, I would be crying!!

I can imagine the woman nominating us for 'how clean is your house'....
Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:46 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: OK, I am hanging my head in shame!

Hes only a kid & if that really put someone off buying the house I suspect they were never serious about it in the first place.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bordy
Hes only a kid & if that really put someone off buying the house I suspect they were never serious about it in the first place.
I phoned my husband and he said the exact same thing (only using rather unpleasant language!) He accused the agents of not pointing out that they were buying the HOUSE not the FAMILY!!! He has phoned the agent to crap on them, so we will see what they have to say for themselves. They did actually make me feel like I was quite the bad (and dirty) housewife!!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:50 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

he he he, kids, great aren't they

we've got an 8 year old lad and a 3 year girl, and know EXACTELY where you are coming from....

like the other thread said, if that has put them off, then they weren't serious. if i was the viewer, i would have come out of the house rolling with laughter and told you, but not everybody has a sense of humour

good luck with the house sale, and remember to keep all kids and pets within sight!!!!

michelle
Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:51 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Poor little bloke probably does not understand whats going on these days.

Not sure I'd be very happy at 7 years old with strangers coming in my bedroom.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:53 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
We, like most people are trying to sell our house. We have, IMHO, a nice detached 4-bed house that has had a load of interest. We have, as yet, to have any offers, but there are a few houses up for sale in the area and not a lot of buyers. With each viewing we take each negative feedback on the chin, try to correct it, and move on. We have got used to 'the garden's too small', 'they didn;t like the shed in next door's garden', 'it is too individual', 'it is too estate-like', 'it is too remote' (we are the last house at the end of a culdesac), 'it is in too built up an area','it is too quiet' etc. But today I got the shock of my life. Our feedback for this week was that the vendors did not like that my seven-year-old son had left a parcel in the toilet and left his pants in the bathroom!! and then when they viewed his room, he promptly told them to get out of it.

Obviously, I was completely unaware of this as I was waiting dutifully in the garden, knowing I had cleaned the bathrooms and that my son would be ok playing playstation quietly in his room. I was gobsmacked and if it actually wasn't so funny, I would be crying!!

One of our viewers kids used our loo and didn't flush a number one. But they bought the house so I don't care! A friend of mine had a family view there house (about 8 of them) and one bloke used the facilities without asking and made an awful smell. You can't believe the cheek of some people.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:54 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=coxfamuk]We, like most people are trying to sell our house. We have, IMHO, a nice detached 4-bed house that has had a load of interest. We have, as yet, to have any offers, but there are a few houses up for sale in the area and not a lot of buyers. With each viewing we take each negative feedback on the chin, try to correct it, and move on. We have got used to 'the garden's too small', 'they didn;t like the shed in next door's garden', 'it is too individual', 'it is too estate-like', 'it is too remote' (we are the last house at the end of a culdesac), 'it is in too built up an area','it is too quiet' etc. But today I got the shock of my life. Our feedback for this week was that the vendors did not like that my seven-year-old son had left a parcel in the toilet and left his pants in the bathroom!! and then when they viewed his room, he promptly told them to get out of it.

Oh for gods sake did they think the turd was gonna be left there until they moved in
Some people are so bloody penikity they obviously were not serious buyers and as if you make that comment to the estate agent anyway!!
Any way look forward to seeing you on how clean is your house

Good Luck hope you get a serious buyer soon

Kris
Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bun
he he he, kids, great aren't they

we've got an 8 year old lad and a 3 year girl, and know EXACTELY where you are coming from....

like the other thread said, if that has put them off, then they weren't serious. if i was the viewer, i would have come out of the house rolling with laughter and told you, but not everybody has a sense of humour

good luck with the house sale, and remember to keep all kids and pets within sight!!!!

michelle
You are so right - kids and dog are now going to be with me at all times. I was just horrified that this was the actual reason that they gave for not buying the house - Quote "They didn't like the parcel that we assume your son left in the toilet, followed by him telling us to leave his room" Unquote. God, I could have died. I just put the phone down and didn't know whether to laugh or cry - I decided to laugh! I just had to or else I would have curled up and moaned like a crazed woman. This is such a stressful process (more stressful than the visa itself!), you just have to laugh don't you.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by worzel
One of our viewers kids used our loo and didn't flush a number one. But they bought the house so I don't care! A friend of mine had a family view there house (about 8 of them) and one bloke used the facilities without asking and made an awful smell. You can't believe the cheek of some people.
OMG - I am laughing so much I am about to pee in my pants - thank you so very much - you have made me feel so much better. At least the doodie was my own flesh and blood's!!!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=kris maynard]
Originally Posted by coxfamuk

Oh for gods sake did they think the turd was gonna be left there until they moved in
Some people are so bloody penikity they obviously were not serious buyers and as if you make that comment to the estate agent anyway!!
Any way look forward to seeing you on how clean is your house

Good Luck hope you get a serious buyer soon

Kris
Thanks for that Kris. I have decided not to take it too seriously, although I was taken aback at first. In retrospect they did seem to go round the house rather quickly after being in the bathroom ! I hope we find a buyer too - we have had at least 15 people in the last 9 weeks and not even a nibble - beginning to wonder what is wrong with the place (our loos are usually pristine I promise )
Old Jul 5th 2005, 4:04 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
I agree, sounds like they were out on a day trip rather than serious buyers.

Some people!

Worzel, cant believe that not only did they bring all 8 people but to use your loo without asking is just wrong - I'd have had to say something to them, the rude tossers! Hope they bloody well bought it after than!!!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 4:04 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

i'm still laughing............sorry.............

michelle
Old Jul 5th 2005, 4:05 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bun
i'm still laughing............sorry.............

michelle
PMSL, you've set me off now!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 4:06 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=coxfamuk]
Originally Posted by kris maynard

Thanks for that Kris. I have decided not to take it too seriously, although I was taken aback at first. In retrospect they did seem to go round the house rather quickly after being in the bathroom ! I hope we find a buyer too - we have had at least 15 people in the last 9 weeks and not even a nibble - beginning to wonder what is wrong with the place (our loos are usually pristine I promise )

Well im sure if they werent before they certainly will be now

Good Luck Again
Old Jul 5th 2005, 4:07 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by bridiej
PMSL, you've set me off now!

i can't stop......... the kids are wondering what i'm laughing at, that starnage mother on the computer again!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.