Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ohhhhh Bother !!**!!

Ohhhhh Bother !!**!!

Old Jun 10th 2003, 4:31 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Unhappy Ohhhhh Bother !!**!!

Just had a phone call - our 'buyer' has pulled out!!!!! I'm going into the corner to cry.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im sorry to hear your bad news. Best wishes to a successful sell in the very near future.

Cheers
BooBoo
Old Jun 10th 2003, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ohhhhh Bother !!**!!

Originally posted by yafm
Just had a phone call - our 'buyer' has pulled out!!!!! I'm going into the corner to cry.
Know just how you feel. We were about 4 weeks along then someone in the chain pulled out last Friday so back to square one. Gutted.
Hope it works out for you soon.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point

Really sorry to read you news. I hope you have some luck with another buyer very soon

Sue
Old Jun 10th 2003, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

I am really sorry to hear your bad news. Did the buyer say why he was pulling out?

Selling your house can be a real bugger, there is so much uncertainty and angst, it's almost worse than getting hold of that visa! No, I take that back, it is worse than trying to get hold of that visa.

The trouble is once you have a buyer, the whole legal process seems to take so long and quite frankly in most cases it shouldn't and this in turn can make the buyer go off the boil.

I really feel for you. Don't give up, just put it down to experience and move forward with a positive attitude and say to yourself, ' I AM GOING TO SELL THIS HOUSE!'

GOOD LUCK!
Old Jun 10th 2003, 9:39 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Thanks for all your good wishes - one of the downsides is that we have to keep the house clean and tidy again!!!!!
Hubby not too keen (still clearing out the garage) and adding to our pile we have now got to clear out in-laws flat ARGHHHHHH
Old Jun 10th 2003, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Y and C

Hope your luck changes real soon

regards

Terry G
Old Jun 10th 2003, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Yvonne & Colin

Really sorry about your buyer hopefully another is around the corner.

footie chick
Old Jun 10th 2003, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

This happened to a friend of ours, then the next day they had another offer on their house higher than the previous one.

Fingers crossed

Karen and Andy
Old Jun 10th 2003, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all your good wishes - one of the downsides is that we have to keep the house clean and tidy again!!!!!
Hubby not too keen (still clearing out the garage) and adding to our pile we have now got to clear out in-laws flat ARGHHHHHH
You're absolutely right Yvonne, having to keep the house clean and tidy is a major pain. It was great being able to live like a slob again ..........!
Old Jun 11th 2003, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear about the house! We know exactly how you feel, this is the third time we have sold our house! Fell through twice, we have had our visas since Jan.

The house selling system is bollocks it needs changing quickly!!

Sorry again, but keep the faith!
Old Jun 11th 2003, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto!! It happens in Oz too!!!

Signed contracts yesterday, buyer withdrew today (people buying his place had backed out).

Mind you, it`s a much better system over here - the buyer and seller get a 5 day "cooling off" period, during which time either can back out for no reason whatsoever. After that time, you`d lose your 10% deposit if you backed out.

Pity the UK system doesn`t do this.

Chin up - if you can get one offer, you`ll definitely get another soon, and like someone else said, it might even be higher!!

Good luck.

P.S. We have gone with a very good Real Estate Agent!!