Reload this Page >

Oh to be thin(ner)...

Oh to be thin(ner)...

Old Jan 7th 2005, 12:00 pm
I AM 1 PERSON-UNDERSTAND?

SherKhan66 will become famous soon enough
Default Oh to be thin(ner)...

Hi
Sat here pondering New Years Resolutions and all that (as you do at this time of year), mine being to stop drinking so much (already broken that! Too much nice wine here) and to eat more healthily thereby losing weight (may even up the old exercise too!). Wondering if anyone else is doing this and if so, could we all support each other - kind of like a weightwatchers without the fees where we all share tips, weight loss etc (WITHOUT revealing actual weight unless we want to!!!! :scared: )
What do people think?
My only tip so far is eat lots of salad - don't know if it's working yet or not but it makes me feel I'm making an effort ...fed up with hubbies comments re rabbit's etc when I put salad on his plate too! My message to him on here is ... 'I know you are not a rabbit!!!!'
Hoping to lose more kg than I care think about, so how about it? Shall we share and help the weight losses together...I bet I'm not the only one to be doing this!

Kim

Last edited by SherKhan66; Jan 7th 2005 at 12:01 pm. Reason: typo!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

hughes27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oh to be thin(ner)...

Hi

No, your not the only one, I too decided new year, new diet, new life in Oz and have been doing the Carol Vorderman 28 day detox diet since New Years day - hard work!!! I am now on day 7 and counting down the days till I can have a chinese take away.

Alison
Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:54 pm
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Gaz&Rach is on a distinguished road

I too intend to loose all the christmas excess baggage. Only I'm still in UK and hoping to be thin before I hit those Ozzy beaches. I've not decided how to do it yet but last year a bought a little exercise trampoline and lost a fair few pounds by drinking lots of water and just jumping up and down every day so will prob get that out again. I also read something recently, but can't remember where, saying that drinking lots of ice cold water every day speeds up the metabolism. Soming to do with the process your body goes through to warm the water to body temperature.

I'm up for the supporting each other bit. I did weight watchers last year too and lost nearly 2 stone (all back on now though) and I think it was the support aspect that kept me going.

That's it, I've decided for definate now, I'm gonna start Monday!!!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Lorraine Bryan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Oh to be thin(ner)...

Hiya yes that was one of my new year resolutions too.....new year, new life down under, new healthy lifestyle.....hence new pressure!! oh well i'm sure with support and determination we will all do what ever we aspire to do. Good luck to all those wanting to make changes to their life whatever they may be

Lorraine
Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:56 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SherKhan66
What do people think?
Sounds like a fine idea. Not for me though, beer and pasties are the order of the day!

Last edited by wmoore; Jan 7th 2005 at 5:08 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 7th 2005, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hughes27
Hi

No, your not the only one, I too decided new year, new diet, new life in Oz and have been doing the Carol Vorderman 28 day detox diet since New Years day - hard work!!! I am now on day 7 and counting down the days till I can have a chinese take away.

Alison

Hi

I done the Carole V diet last year it was hard but well worth it and after a few days you do begin to feel great.....honest

I`ve started a diet I`m doing slim-fast to give me a kick start, gonna do it for a few weeks and see how I feel then may do another Carol V :scared:

Drinking lots of water is ment to help loads. Got to lose some weight before my meds on the 27th Jan

Good luck all

Sue
Old Jan 7th 2005, 5:58 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I second that! Hate diets - just the idea of them; never done one in my entire life. If I was meant to be stick thin fruit and veg would taste good and curries awful; they don't and don't respectively.

Am off to the fridge for another glass of white burgandy and a nibble of Wensleydale while the duck cooks. Yuuuuuummmm.

Best of luck to anyone on one though!

GG

Originally Posted by wmoore
Sounds like a fine idea. Not for me though, beer and pasties are the order of the day!

Last edited by Geordie George; Jan 7th 2005 at 6:00 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:00 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gaz&Rach
That's it, I've decided for definate now, I'm gonna start Monday!!!
me too!!! if not Monday then maybe Tuesday!!!.....oh no Tuesday's not good Wednesday then!!!!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:02 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Next year's rather than new year's resolution, eh?!

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
me too!!! if not Monday then maybe Tuesday!!!.....oh no Tuesday's not good Wednesday then!!!!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:05 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Haven't you got that thing on Wednesday? Better make it Thursday.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:21 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

My philosophy is - if you feel well then don't worry too much - life is far too short.
I'm probably a bit too thin, and I smoke - but don't give a damn - I feel good. Felt s*** last week - good this week!!!!!!!!!

Cas
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

The McGintys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Me too! Only want to loose half a stone but its really difficult when your other half keeps opening the red wine and getting takeaways!

I try to stick to healthy food in the week, no crisps chocolate or any junk food at all. I eat cereal in the morning, ham salad sandwhich for lunch and maybe chicken & salad and small jacket spud for dinner. I have fruit for snacks and find that I dont get hungry at all.

At the weekends I will maybe have a takeaway and a nice chocky bar, that way you dont end up banning foods, you eat in moderation and dont feel fed up because you are depriving yourself. I only loose about 1lb a week but its more likley to stay off then loosing 5lb in a week.

Dont go much on the faddy detox stuff or atkins, all are very limiting and you end up falling off the wagon, But obviously some people have better will power than me!

Good luck, have to go and order something relativley healthy from the indian!!!!

Daihla
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:26 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The McGintys
Hi

Me too! Only want to loose half a stone but its really difficult when your other half keeps opening the red wine and getting takeaways!
LOL the saboteur!!!!

well unfortunatly I'm still stuck in Xmas mode....and what makes it worse is all the Xmas goodies are 75% off!!

Somebody stop me!!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I joined Aussie weightwatchers and I have been doing really well. I have found it easy so far and they give you loads of yummy recipes to try.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 10:31 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SherKhan66
Hi
Sat here pondering New Years Resolutions and all that (as you do at this time of year), mine being to stop drinking so much (already broken that! Too much nice wine here) and to eat more healthily thereby losing weight (may even up the old exercise too!). Wondering if anyone else is doing this and if so, could we all support each other - kind of like a weightwatchers without the fees where we all share tips, weight loss etc (WITHOUT revealing actual weight unless we want to!!!! :scared: )
What do people think?
My only tip so far is eat lots of salad - don't know if it's working yet or not but it makes me feel I'm making an effort ...fed up with hubbies comments re rabbit's etc when I put salad on his plate too! My message to him on here is ... 'I know you are not a rabbit!!!!'
Hoping to lose more kg than I care think about, so how about it? Shall we share and help the weight losses together...I bet I'm not the only one to be doing this!

Kim
Eazi-Peazi - take a stroll:

Walk Around Australia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.