Reload this Page >

oh so smug receptionists

Wikiposts

oh so smug receptionists

Old Sep 18th 2003, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default oh so smug receptionists

well have phoned up today to book medicals, was greeted by a snooty medical receptionist, who informed me rather curtly that i should be psychic and know i can only book these up at between 1 and 2 in the afternoon

this is not the first time i have encountered such receptionists usually at my own surgery they ask me when i want to book an appointment::::

is it serious, well even though i'm a nurse how should i know i always say yes to this one

i make no apologies to medical receptionists out there as you seem to be all the same :scared: :scared: :scared: yes you are all scary, i find myself agreeing to anything u tell me

arlene
Old Sep 18th 2003, 4:58 am
WBB

i agree most medical receptionists think they are consultant brain surgeons and are nosey, poking through your records and sniggering about your problems.

not that i have genital warts or anything.

Old Sep 18th 2003, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Arlene

we had the same problem with the snooty receptionist routine, i took the "i'm paying for this" attitiude and told her where she culd shove it and went elsewhere, which turned out to be a private hospital where they couldnt have been nicer.

Lynn
Old Sep 18th 2003, 6:16 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

The receptionists at our GPs are a nightmare. It was like you had to book 3 weeks in advance to get an appointment. I soon found a way round this though. If they tell you that there no appointments then tell them that you will need to call a doctor out. It seems they fear the wrath of the GP's forced to make to many house calls
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I think they have to take a certificate in snootiness before they take the job!!
I bet they are just as bad in OZ and all over the world. No that's not true, when you pay for the service they welcome you.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice

I think you're right there Tina - Since moving to NZ we have had only helpfull, friendly receptionists, infact one was almost prostate on the ground full of appologies because once I went in there to make an appointment and she told me she was awfully sorry but there wasn't a doctor free for half an hour - I nearly died with shock...i'd been expecting to wait about 3 days !
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:39 am
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i agree most medical receptionists think they are consultant brain surgeons and are nosey, poking through your records and sniggering about your problems.

not that i have genital warts or anything.

Now is there anything else we need to know???????????????

Suz
Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:06 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: oh so smug receptionists

Originally posted by arlene
well have phoned up today to book medicals, was greeted by a snooty medical receptionist, who informed me rather curtly that i should be psychic and know i can only book these up at between 1 and 2 in the afternoon

this is not the first time i have encountered such receptionists usually at my own surgery they ask me when i want to book an appointment::::

is it serious, well even though i'm a nurse how should i know i always say yes to this one

i make no apologies to medical receptionists out there as you seem to be all the same :scared: :scared: :scared: yes you are all scary, i find myself agreeing to anything u tell me

arlene

Try the ones in Bath Meds if you want something sooner & not to far, i got x ray next morning from Bristol, excellent they even gave you the results, & i waited 1/2 hr for x rays themselves.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DavidT
Try the ones in Bath Meds if you want something sooner & not to far, i got x ray next morning from Bristol, excellent they even gave you the results, & i waited 1/2 hr for x rays themselves.
Hi David

Have you got that 457ie Visa yet?

Tony C
Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:14 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

My exes mother was a doctors receptionist. She had no need for the cash and did the job for enjoyment. Yep she thought she was Dr Kildare and loved to talk about problems people had.

Thank god she dumped me otherwise I would never have gone to OZ on a WHV and met my wife.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DavidT

looking to go to birmingham or possibly gloucester to get them done obviously will phone the gestapo tommorrow at the alloted time to try and get an appointment and if she asks me if it urgent i will scream

arlene taking own sample pots, one with a funnel:scared: :scared:
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:48 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by crabtree
Hi David

Have you got that 457ie Visa yet?

Tony C
Hi Tony,
Not yet mate, just got the request for meds on Monday, 29 weeks & waiting, not bad for a 3 week visa eh.
Feels like a moral victory at least, & we had the x rays done & all fine for Wifey & me, so if the kids are ok next week it should only be a few weeks now. At least they went for the biz plan, now how do i get away with this cheaply as they have killed my enthusiasm re building an empire.
When are you going Tony & where.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I found the receptionist at our doctors here very nice (even though I always spend ages trying to choose a suitable time so I can get bulk billked)

Makes a refreshing change from the Rottweillers in the Uk:scared:
Old Sep 18th 2003, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

They usually have to have a First In Snooty & Arsy Practises From University (Combined Hons) to do their job correctly. I have to speak them nearly 5 times a day and they ALWAYS know what the correct drug is ( even though i cant read it) and the correct dose is ! They always know that the doctors are busy without even checking. They can never admit a mistake, delay or lack of ANY medical knowledge. Granted they are dead busy and face the most upset people everday but they could TRY and be nice and come back down to earth!!
Apologies to the few ( rpt few!) nice Drs Receptionists I know and do exist!
Anyway for anyone living in Manchester ( city centre Dr for Visa medicals- quite good - as for receptionist - the usual - dont expect miracles)
Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

keith (UK) is an unknown quantity at this point

Following on from Saloni's post, as a fellow pharmacist, I can say without any shadow of doubt that no-one really understands the pain inflicted by dr's receptionists as much as a community pharmacist!

Very often, when there is a problem with a prescription (which happens more often than most people appreciate), some poor muggins pharmacist has to ring the prescribing dr and explain what needs to be done..... after getting through the receptionist.

Apologies to the handful of nice dr's receptionists out there, but most receptionist are like glorified guard dogs. They have a tremendous amount of undeserved power and often don't realise that their actions have an impact on an ill patient somewhere who just wants to take their medicine and go home.

Winge winge winge!!