33.33%
something else
38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

I'm gonna "offically" pop the question tomorrow

Old Sep 18th 2003, 8:41 pm
Badge

Default I'm gonna "offically" pop the question tomorrow

Taking delivery of ring tomorrow from Hatton Garden - 1/4 of the price of retail shop. Result!

Diamond is nigh on perfect - E grade yadda yadda in platinum band. Ver v very slight inclusion. Yadda Yadda

1 star (tight git aren't) restaurant booked for tomorrow night.

Now..

do I reinact the scene from "America Pie - the Wedding" or what?? It is not my intention to humiliate or ridicule her. :-)

what did other blokes do on this site. come on on give a man some advice...girls what did he do?

badgers

what is it about us blokes - we jump out of planes etc, do live firing, wrestle rams, castrate calfs, land planes etc but when it comes to marriage and weddings and stuff we're gibbering wrecks???

Old Sep 18th 2003, 8:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

well, the Bloke had a long at the cricket in the sun, so he blames sunstroke, as well as the 2 bottles of Cascade Premium, but he actually proposed while we were lying side by side on the floor in his unit, propped up on our elbows, watching a documentary on the History Channel about Anne Frank......not that a remember every detail you understand, but.......!!!!
Old Sep 18th 2003, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Well travelled is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm gonna "offically" pop the question tomorrow

Originally posted by badgersmount
Taking delivery of ring tomorrow from Hatton Garden - 1/4 of the price of retail shop. Result!

Diamond is nigh on perfect - E grade yadda yadda in platinum band. Ver v very slight inclusion. Yadda Yadda

Now..

do I reinact the scene from "America Pie - the Wedding" or what?? It is not my intention to humiliate or ridicule her. :-)

what did other blokes do on this site. come on on give a man some advice...girls what did he do?

badgers

what is it about us blokes - we jump out of planes etc, do live firing, wrestle rams, castrate calfs, land planes etc but when it comes to marriage and weddings and stuff we're gibbering wrecks???

just go mad with flowers, nothing tacky or movie like please....

mine proposed in sydney, fab fab fab..........

does she know yet????
Old Sep 18th 2003, 8:48 pm
WBB

mate, good luck however you decide to do it, i would give the american pie thing a go

seriously though good luck.

Old Sep 18th 2003, 8:50 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I never really planned getting engaged. It seemed like the right thing to say at the time with the turmoil my life was in. I was not on bended knee or anything.

I didn't get the ring until a few years later and after 4 years of engagement we tied the knot. Extended engagements are a nightmare as the whole family is on your arse.

Lack of cash was the main reason but all is good now.

When will you announce to the forum the result?
Old Sep 18th 2003, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you mean to say that those £22.50 rings in Argos
you can get for as little as £5.63 from Hatton Garden.

Go the extra mile Limo, Flowers, Fancy Restaurant, Hotel for the night, Champagne in bed, wild sex all night.
Then propose in the morning if you still have the urge to.

Tony C
Old Sep 18th 2003, 8:58 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Now..

badgers

WELL.....when it came to the engagement I got (picture the scene- Friday night = payday) "I've got enough money this week so shall we buy the ring"!!!

Wedding proposal - didn't get one at all!!!! Just said "how about next July"!!!!

Worked though - we've been married 11 years!
Old Sep 18th 2003, 8:58 pm
creepycrawlycreepycrawly!

mr2blue is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it's hard to say Badgers as I dont know what your girlfriend is like. Is she the sort of girl who'd appreciate the big announcement in the middle of the restaraunt followed by a round of applause from the entire place.
Or is she the sort of girl who would prefer it to be an intimate event between the two of you?
To be honest mate this is the sort of thing thats impossible to **** up as she'll be over the moon no matter how you play it,well that is as long as she's up for it and you should know the answer to that one or you wouldnt be asking.
One things a must though,do the one knee thing,it's a must if only to see the look on her face as she realises your not bending down to do your shoe lace up.
Good luck mate,but you wont need it.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 8:59 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

not my intention to humiliate or ridicule her. :-)
Why dont you get the waiter to bring some champagne over and before he pours it put the ring inside the glass, b4 she downs the bloody lot tell her there is something in her glass, Or you could get it put into a fortune cookie with the message ( will you marry me )
good luck anyway and all the best
johanne
Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:03 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hey badges!!!!!

so you guys DO ACTUALLY DO THAT SORT OF THING???
all I got was 'spose we'd better get married now you are pregnant'!!!!!
I was, but we didnt!!

wow...lucky girl!!!! good luck and do let us know the answer!!!!

sue
Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

1) Hide it in a xmas cracker and ask her to " Pull " - oh no, it's not xmas!

2) Ask her to fetch you some " Ice " from the freezer and let her find her own piece of " Ice " i.e ring box in freezer.

3) Cook her a meal and hide it in her dessert. N.B - make sure she doesn't choke on it - if she's a gannet, don't bother with this one.

4) Ask her if she'd like to slip her finger into your ring!!! - sorry, i'm going a bit too far now aren't I?!!!

Seriously, do what comes naturally, if you aren't a flash sort of bloke then she'll sense you are uncomfortable with the whole scenario.

Good luck mate!
Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Go the whole hog and get down on bended knee or hide the ring in her dinner or something- actually forget that you might end up in the casualty dept.

I proposed to my Hubby, equal ops and all that. I knew if I didn't I would be wating a long time!! He was chuffed as it got him off of the hook!
Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:08 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, i'm going a bit too far now aren't I?!!!
Make sure you check the wrists!!!!!!! (If you have to ask you won't understand)

No but seriously. I did the one knee bit in a restautant on a Greek Island. Didn't matter if I looked a prat cos I wasn't seeing any of those people again
Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HUP
Make sure you check the wrists!!!!!!! (If you have to ask you won't understand)

No but seriously. I did the one knee bit in a restautant on a Greek Island. Didn't matter if I looked a prat cos I wasn't seeing any of those people again

I can see this running and running!!!
Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
hey badges!!!!!

so you guys DO ACTUALLY DO THAT SORT OF THING???
all I got was 'spose we'd better get married now you are pregnant'!!!!!
I was, but we didnt!!

wow...lucky girl!!!! good luck and do let us know the answer!!!!

sue

ohh bless

your fella sounds like mine a romantic fool hey

arlene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.