Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh not the Huntsman again!!

Oh not the Huntsman again!!

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Oh not the Huntsman again!!

I've been told that the lovely Huntsman we keep reading about generally comes into your home to get out of the rain ?!?

Does conjure up quite an image to me!

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 9:05 pm
wombat42

Default Re: Oh not the Huntsman again!!

On a cold wet day you will probably find nests of thousands of them warmly tucked up in your bed underneath the blanket, fast asleep, how cute.

Last edited by wombat42; Mar 23rd 2005 at 9:08 pm.

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
On a cold wet day you will probably find nests of thousands of them warmly tucked up in your bed underneath the blanket, fast asleep, how cute.
Just don't tell Rooksie!
Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:34 am
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

For a good look at the many varieties of spiders and other insects (including cockroaches) try this:
www.amonline.net.au/factsheets
It's the Australian Museum's web site and a treasure trove of info.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TheCrone
For a good look at the many varieties of spiders and other insects (including cockroaches) try this:
www.amonline.net.au/factsheets
It's the Australian Museum's web site and a treasure trove of info.
Oh dear, I am even more scared now. It was this bit about the huntsman that did it:
"It is very disconcerting when they jump off walls to make their escape"
You can say that again...and didn't someone tell me you can catch 'em with the hose of a Dyson?
Old Mar 24th 2005, 11:34 am
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Liked the spiders LOL!!! Have some K
Cant wait to get my own Hunsman in my house!!!
Old Mar 24th 2005, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Oh dear, I am even more scared now. It was this bit about the huntsman that did it:
"It is very disconcerting when they jump off walls to make their escape"
From experience, Cockroaches do that too - far worse because they hurl themselves TOWARDS you !!!!
Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

I'm just wondering now, with all the positive posts about the lovely Huntsman and how GOOD they are for getting rid of the dreaded roaches and stuff, do they sell them in pet stores?

I wonder what you'd pay for one and can you buy leads, collars and stuff too?
Old Mar 24th 2005, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004
I'm just wondering now, with all the positive posts about the lovely Huntsman and how GOOD they are for getting rid of the dreaded roaches and stuff, do they sell them in pet stores?

I wonder what you'd pay for one and can you buy leads, collars and stuff too?
id want mine rigged up to an alarm system so i know when its remotely near me...well 100yrds! :scared: i still think they are bloody horrible and shouldnt be allowed
god nightmares for me again tonight
Old Mar 24th 2005, 7:54 pm
heehaugh

Granger will become famous soon enoughGranger will become famous soon enough

Just bought an amazing gadget from Kleeneze. It has a longish rod with a bit at then end, so when you get a big spider, put it on top, lift the lever and the spider gets stuck inside. Great, and it is at arms length. It doesn't hurt the spider and you can then let it go somewhere far away . I wonder if there are any such gadgets in oz. Does seem like a good idea!