Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh no...not another thread about using an agent..!

View Poll Results: Did you use/are you using a migration agent?
Yes, used an agent - glad I did.
52.17%
Yes, used an agent - wish I hadn't.
13.04%
No, didn't use an agent - glad I didn't.
30.43%
No, didn't use an agent - wish I had.
0%
Haven't decided yet.
4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Oh no...not another thread about using an agent..!

Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:22 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oh no...not another thread about using an agent..!

OK - final decision time on whether we use a migration agent.
I am aware that this topic has been covered to death but i was hoping to get an overall idea of peoples experiences both using and not using an agent.

Our visa application will be for the 136
Skills assessing body for us is ACS

Our application should be straight forward - 2 adults, 3 children (eldest needs fathers permission to take him out of the country but i have spoken to his dad who is happy to sign the relevant paperwork)

When we first decided to apply for oz we automatically though that we would use an agent but as time has gone on we are wondering if we would be better putting the money towards trying to clear some of our outstanding debts. - Hoping to be debt free when we finally go! but that is not going to well at the moment!!! (i really must stop buying things! )

Any personal experiences/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tiggs
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:29 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Oh no...not another thread about using an agent..!

I personally would recommend using an agent, but i suppose that all depends on how complicated the application is.

Anyway, i recommend www.gomatilda.com who were superb, to say the least, and worth every single penny as we could have not done it without them

Rob
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
I personally would recommend using an agent, but i suppose that all depends on how complicated the application is.

Anyway, i recommend www.gomatilda.com who were superb, to say the least, and worth every single penny as we could have not done it without them

Rob
I agree with Rob,they are very good at what they do and takes the strain/responsibilty off your shoulders
Lynn
Old Feb 14th 2006, 11:53 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone

Rob
We also used "Go Matilda". Our skills assessment and application were straightforward. But using an agent meant we saved a lot of time (don't under-estimate how much time and effort will go into preparing your skills assessment and visa application with all the documents and forms needed).

And - very important - if I hadn't used an agent, I would have worried the whole time whether I'd made a mistake somewhere in the application and whether that would mean DIMIA would refuse the visa.- You'll be waiting around six months for your visa - that's potentially a lot of sleepless nights.

Gina
Old Feb 15th 2006, 12:03 am
Sye
Forum Regular

Sye will become famous soon enoughSye will become famous soon enough

Hiya

We didnt use an agent, didnt see the need to pay that amount of $$. We applied on a SIR, so done all the papaerwork to SA & Dimia ouserlves. Now were here, were in the process of applying for 136 and again, doing it ourselves.

If youve got a straight forward application.. then go for it, if its gonna be a bit tricky & can afford the extra $$, then maybe best to go with an agent.

We didnt find it stressful at all, but most of our pals have used agents, as they did find it too much

Karen
Old Feb 15th 2006, 12:05 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
OK - final decision time on whether we use a migration agent.
I am aware that this topic has been covered to death but i was hoping to get an overall idea of peoples experiences both using and not using an agent.

Our visa application will be for the 136
Skills assessing body for us is ACS

Our application should be straight forward - 2 adults, 3 children (eldest needs fathers permission to take him out of the country but i have spoken to his dad who is happy to sign the relevant paperwork)

When we first decided to apply for oz we automatically though that we would use an agent but as time has gone on we are wondering if we would be better putting the money towards trying to clear some of our outstanding debts. - Hoping to be debt free when we finally go! but that is not going to well at the moment!!! (i really must stop buying things! )

Any personal experiences/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tiggs
Well you know us Tiggs....we didn't use agent. If you application is straight forward there's no need.

Application form is straight forward to fill in too