Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh...No..No..No....!!!

Oh...No..No..No....!!!

Old Dec 17th 2004, 6:53 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Oh...No..No..No....!!!

Hello,

As everybody knows (im sure) we move out of our house on the 7th Jan.
COMPUTER goes to a new home on the 5th Jan No more expats for me?? Boo hoo,no kiddin here either! as we are moving into mum & dads (hubbys parents) :scared:

How the hell am i going to get through without expats? nearly a year & ive been glued to this site,its like meeting up with a bunch of mates every night & yes its a habit but its my "me time"!!

Mum & dad have a relic computer but hubby is going to see if he can get a cd to get me connected for the two weeks that we are staying there,apart from that i dont think i will be posting much until we get to Oz & settle into our rented acc.
A computer will be our first purchase!!
Come to think of it, this maybe a blonde question (sorry!!) When we get a new computer is it just a matter of logging into expats with our password & we will still be Madsad? (im a P-Member..of course!!) Wmoore-"where are you"?!!!!

Dont know if a will be missed much but a sure will miss you guys x

Donna.

Ps,Hubby is about to start a poker tourney! so im on a ban for a couple of hours...(trying to practice letting go...!!)
Old Dec 17th 2004, 7:04 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Oh...No..No..No....!!!

Originally Posted by madsad
Hello,

As everybody knows (im sure) we move out of our house on the 7th Jan.
COMPUTER goes to a new home on the 5th Jan No more expats for me?? Boo hoo,no kiddin here either! as we are moving into mum & dads (hubbys parents) :scared:

How the hell am i going to get through without expats? nearly a year & ive been glued to this site,its like meeting up with a bunch of mates every night & yes its a habit but its my "me time"!!

Mum & dad have a relic computer but hubby is going to see if he can get a cd to get me connected for the two weeks that we are staying there,apart from that i dont think i will be posting much until we get to Oz & settle into our rented acc.
A computer will be our first purchase!!
Come to think of it, this maybe a blonde question (sorry!!) When we get a new computer is it just a matter of logging into expats with our password & we will still be Madsad? (im a P-Member..of course!!) Wmoore-"where are you"?!!!!

Dont know if a will be missed much but a sure will miss you guys x

Donna.

Ps,Hubby is about to start a poker tourney! so im on a ban for a couple of hours...(trying to practice letting go...!!)
Yup, as long as you have your username and password you'll be fine.

There's always the local internet cafe ... but don't watch ITV, it's never THAT desperate

And of course you'll be missed, Merry Christmas to ya!

Matt
Old Dec 17th 2004, 7:06 pm
Cheeky

Awwww Donna,

When DD went away for the weekend I sent her one or two or four text messages to keep her updated.......
I know its not the same but it is prob ok for a few days........

Other suggestions, a laptop...and everytime you visit family/friends (sorry bit cheeky this but) ask to plug into their phone line to check your 'emails' (BE!)
But buying a lap tap would be a tad extravagant.......

Let me think.......know anyone who could lend you a laptop until you finally go???

Sorry Im clutching at straws!

Will miss you too!
Cheeky
xx

Old Dec 17th 2004, 8:52 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Yup, as long as you have your username and password you'll be fine.

There's always the local internet cafe ... but don't watch ITV, it's never THAT desperate

And of course you'll be missed, Merry Christmas to ya!

Matt

Aww ...Matt & Cheeky yer a pair a gems Av said (told!!) ma hubby a want a laptop & as soon as we move out i just need to butter up ma father in law to use his phone line(Wmoore tell me what a need to know?) in saying that Matt,what do a need to ask for when a go & buy a laptop?
Bribery & corruption....within limits ...mind

Donna x
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Aww ...Matt & Cheeky yer a pair a gems Av said (told!!) ma hubby a want a laptop & as soon as we move out i just need to butter up ma father in law to use his phone line(Wmoore tell me what a need to know?) in saying that Matt,what do a need to ask for when a go & buy a laptop?
Bribery & corruption....within limits ...mind

Donna x
Laptop prices are falling all the time, you can guarentee that yours will be half-price (for a comparable specification) in 6 months time. So, leave it late to buy one

Important laptop questions depend on what you want to use it for but generally it will be "fast" enough for most needs so:

1) Are you happy with the screen (quality and size)?

2) How big is the hard drive, can it store everything you need?

3) Has it got enough ports ... USB (version 2) and Firewire? Can you plug everything you have into it?

4) Has it got a floppy drive or can you easily add one?

5) Can you happily use the mouse pad substitute thingy (or you'll need to carry around a mouse)

6) What's the warranty like? If the screen goes then it is VERY expensive to repair! That goes for all components actually.
Lots of questions, when you have a model in mind post it here (with the price) and I'm sure you'll get some opinions!
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:14 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Well it looks like you've had most of your Q's answered already Donna but feel free to ask if you have any more.
As Matt said, yes you can log on to BE from you new 'puter. And if you buy a lappy (that's what I would do ) then all you need to do is get on the net. If you are with one of the internet providers that doles out CDs left right and centre, grab one and run it in the PC. When it comes up to sign up a new account, there should also be an option to recover an existing account. Stick in your name / email address and password and you're in business.

PS If you can prove you're emigrating - which shouldn't be a problem - you should even be able to claim the VAT back, which is nice
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Laptop prices are falling all the time, you can guarentee that yours will be half-price (for a comparable specification) in 6 months time. So, leave it late to buy one

Important laptop questions depend on what you want to use it for but generally it will be "fast" enough for most needs so:

Lots of questions, when you have a model in mind post it here (with the price) and I'm sure you'll get some opinions!
Okay Matt,

Today(night!!) like this!

1)(Quality & Size) -Show me more

2)(how big ) -eh ?-show me more?!!

3)How many ports?? eh....two

4) Floppy? eh ...can hold its own so far!

5)Substitute-BRING IT ON!!!!

6)Warranty?-only as good as you want it!!

Sorry lost the plot-expat denial-Not working vey well!!!

Donna.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:26 pm
Cheeky

Donna!!

Im speechless!!

You are naughty!!

Cheeky LOL!!!
xx

Okay Matt,

Today(night!!) like this!

1)(Quality & Size) -Show me more

2)(how big ) -eh ?-show me more?!!

3)How many ports?? eh....two

4) Floppy? eh ...can hold its own so far!

5)Substitute-BRING IT ON!!!!

6)Warranty?-only as good as you want it!!

Sorry lost the plot-expat denial-Not working vey well!!!

Donna.

Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by wmoore
Well it looks like you've had most of your Q's answered already Donna but feel free to ask if you have any more.
As Matt said, yes you can log on to BE from you new 'puter. And if you buy a lappy (that's what I would do ) then all you need to do is get on the net. If you are with one of the internet providers that doles out CDs left right and centre, grab one and run it in the PC. When it comes up to sign up a new account, there should also be an option to recover an existing account. Stick in your name / email address and password and you're in business.

PS If you can prove you're emigrating - which shouldn't be a problem - you should even be able to claim the VAT back, which is nice

Ok.Wmoore,can you recommend one?(cd,s that is!)& why should i prove that im emigrating?

Donna.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Donna!!

Im speechless!!

You are naughty!!

Cheeky LOL!!!
xx

A canny help it Cheeky-encouragement gets me every time

Donna.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:59 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

A canny help it Cheeky-encouragement gets me every time

Donna.
Well Donna, you've got to cram a lot in before you have your enforced break from the forum!!!! What are Cheeky and me going to do without you and your witty banter

Mind you, I'm sure you'll find a way around your plight!!!

Take care

D D
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:59 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Ok.Wmoore,can you recommend one?(cd,s that is!)& why should i prove that im emigrating?

Donna.
One's as good as another for a short time .... Wanadoo (nee Freeserve) is much better these days than it used to be. They'll do!
If you don't prove you're emigrating then you're a UK citizen (for tax purposes) and therefore can't claim the VAT back. Trust me I bought a lappy in Oz and claimed GST back at the airport.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 10:15 pm

What is all this about Vatt?? I just want to buy a lappy & check expats & Bank acc? just not makin any sense at mo? maybe wine inflicted?

Donna.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 10:18 pm
What's happening dudes?

What is all this about Vatt?? I just want to buy a lappy & check expats & Bank acc? just not makin any sense at mo? maybe wine inflicted?

Donna.
VAT - Vodka And Tonic
Don't worry about it, it probably is wine-inflicted (it is Friday after all). Just pick a laptop that works for you (and don't be taken in by the sales pitch at most electonics shops ) and go for it!
Old Dec 17th 2004, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by wmoore
VAT - Vodka And Tonic
Don't worry about it, it probably is wine-inflicted (it is Friday after all). Just pick a laptop that works for you (and don't be taken in by the sales pitch at most electonics shops ) and go for it!
VAT!!, (my spellin mistook!) Ok Wmoore i will get back to you WHEN i have bought one,make more sense then!
Ps,yer still a gem !!
Donna.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.