Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh my God WHAT have we done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my God WHAT have we done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Was Reading Berks. Now Palm Beach (summer bay), Sydney NSW
Ady Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really nice
Default Oh my God WHAT have we done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all
applied for skilled indipendent 136 visa on April 13th, have'nt heard a thing since, but thought the housing market had slowed down, so against DIMIA advice put the house on the market on Monday thinking might get someone interested around the time meds are requested. No meds requested as off yet but s*** first serious people to view have just made an offer we can't possibly refuse! No chain to delay anything so we may be homeless soon!
Oh what the heck let's burn all our bridges!!!!!!
Panic'ing
Ady,Sue and Girls,
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 2:34 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh my God WHAT have we done!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least you can move into rented and when the visa comes ....... Australia here you come .......on the first plane !!!!!!!
Seriously I would bit thier hands off - its one less major hassle.
Gillian
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 2:47 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Well done!!!! Can we have a bit of your luck please?!

Going for the same visa ourselves - the agent is as positive as he can be that we'll get it and maybe even before Christmas. House has been on the market since October and we have got a couple who are interested - they just need to sell their house first. So, if I was in your shoes, I'd be laughing.

Good luck with the next stages of your future......
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 2:48 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, meant to ask, where are you planning on going to and how many girls have you got? Nosey, aren't I?!

Bindy, Andy and girls (x 3!)
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Well done, I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Let's hope everyone on here who's trying to sell has some of that luck as well.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one! Need some petrol and matches?
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 5:29 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ady Whit
Hi all
applied for skilled indipendent 136 visa on April 13th, have'nt heard a thing since, but thought the housing market had slowed down, so against DIMIA advice put the house on the market on Monday thinking might get someone interested around the time meds are requested. No meds requested as off yet but s*** first serious people to view have just made an offer we can't possibly refuse! No chain to delay anything so we may be homeless soon!
Panic'ing
Ady,Sue and Girls,
Rather be panicking that I have sold my house than having it hanging over me when I have to go. I was nearly in that position (haven't exchanged contracts yet though, but have 5 weeks to go )
You can always rent - though that can be more expensive I suppose.

Anyway, well done! Hope the rest of the process goes as smoothly.
Get packing!!!
Cas
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

andyaldy will become famous soon enough

Hi all
Panic'ing
Ady,Sue and Girls,
hi everyone
we are in exactly the same situation as yourselfs, are agent sent our forms of 136 skilled independent of at the beginning of september, put our house up for sale two weeks ago, the first weekend we had two viewers who both put offers in, got them to £1000 under the asking price, they are cash buyers and want to be in by the second week in feb, got our meds request last week and having them done next week, just keeping fingers crossed that visas come some time in jan, scary thought now house sold what if it all goes wrong, we can rent if need to just worry in case visas dont get approved, although there isnt any reason for them to, just my mind working overtime.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by andyaldy
hi everyone
we are in exactly the same situation as yourselfs, are agent sent our forms of 136 skilled independent of at the beginning of september, put our house up for sale two weeks ago, the first weekend we had two viewers who both put offers in, got them to £1000 under the asking price, they are cash buyers and want to be in by the second week in feb, got our meds request last week and having them done next week, just keeping fingers crossed that visas come some time in jan, scary thought now house sold what if it all goes wrong, we can rent if need to just worry in case visas dont get approved, although there isnt any reason for them to, just my mind working overtime.
Hi,

The worrying doesn't stop there... once you get the visa's you go into overdrive to organise flights etc. obviously before you get your passports back with relevent visa's attached! Hence, panic stations; the agent calms you down just to tell you the next day that all passports are stamped correctly except yours, which was stamped with the issue date instead of the expiry date... back before you leave so to speak! So now you have to wait for that passport to go back again.

Well that's what happened to me anyway... I guess the stress won't stop until we are safely there soaking up the summer sun Even then I'm sure I will find something else to panic over

Cal
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Was Reading Berks. Now Palm Beach (summer bay), Sydney NSW
Ady Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really nice

Originally Posted by binbird
Oh yeah, meant to ask, where are you planning on going to and how many girls have you got? Nosey, aren't I?!

Bindy, Andy and girls (x 3!)
Hi Binbird,
We are hoping to head off tothe central coast a little way out of Sydney in the New Year.
We have 2 little angels, Heidi(6) and Zoe(3), who can't wait to meet up with their friends who moved out to Pittwater in August!
Where are you hoping to head for? and what ages are yours?
Cheers
Ady,Sue, Heidi and Zoe.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

We sold our house before we got the visas granted and spent 3 months living with the m-i-l!!! :scared:

Like you, we sold our house after 4 days on the market and got the full asking price, very lucky really.

From the time of the offerb to completion it was 12 weeks ( bloody solicitors dragging their heels ) so glad we took the offer while we had it.

All was fine and it certainly took the possible stress out of finding a buyer at a later date.

good luck with your move.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
Panic'ing
Ady,Sue and Girls,

Hi

We are in the same situation, our main application went in end of Oct & we`re still waiting for our meds. We sold our house and all seems to be going well, we should be moving out in Jan.
We just felt that since the market IS slowing & house prices are dropping that we would take the risk and sell now rather than later. We have found a place to rent just down the road, so we`re just gonna go for it!! If we dont get in then we`ll just have to buy another house 6 months down the line..... maybe at a cheaper price.

Good luck Go for it!!

Sue x
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 10:28 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

I agree that selling is advance is good as it's one less thing to worry about.
We accepted an offer in mid-Nov and got the visas about a week later.
My biggest concern that I won't get any firm job leads before May (the end of the 1st year's deadline).
I'm reluctant to move without this as we've five kids, our only equity is in the house, I'm the sole wage earner and I've got a good job here..... in addition if we ended up staying we wouldn't be able to buy anything much better than our current house.
I've accepted that at minimum we need to move out and rent, to enable us to move quickly if necessary.
The next worry is that our dog is sick and I have the feeling the vets won't approve of us taking him ... even though he's had the relevant jabs already. We don't really want to go without him....
He's been 'kept in' at the vets today ... I await a phone call regarding whether an op and or x-ray are neccessary .... kerching, yet more dosh gone...
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 12:16 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all
Panic'ing
Ady,Sue and Girls,
Hope it all goes through smoothly for you. We hope and pray that we are in your situation soon. Our house has been on the market since June and has been reduced twice and still nothing happening. You could rent somewhere or stay with family as I'm sure it will only be a short term thing. Best of luck.
Sarah
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 12:23 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Where are you hoping to head for? and what ages are yours?

Hi Ady

Top of the list for us at the moment is Woy Woy - about an hour north of Sydney.

Our girls are: Zoe (!) aged 6, Amy aged 5 and Izzy aged 3. I have had a lot of contact with a family that have already made the move to Australia and they have three girls and the youngest is also Izzy! Just need to find an Amy now! Know anyone else who is going? OR know anyone who wants to relocate to a very nice part of Gloucestershire? I know of a very nice 5 bed, detached house that is up for sale at a very reasonable price!

Still playing the waiting game......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.