Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh my God it's really happening!!!

Oh my God it's really happening!!!

Old Aug 19th 2003, 11:38 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oh my God it's really happening!!!

Tenants ready to sign the lease, Confirmation of renting arrangements received from the bank, about to hand in my notice at work this week. All that remains is to book flights and removals and we're off at the beginning of October!

This is the first time since the very beginning that absolutely nothing is standing in the way of us going, and now I'm scared S**tless! Has anyone else felt like this?

Andy
Old Aug 19th 2003, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oh my God it's really happening!!!

Count me in on this feeling also.... Thanks god my wife is laid back..

Hopefully exchanging house contracts this week.
Hopefully completing 5th Sept.
2 weeks left in work.
Removals start their 4 day pack 29th Aug.
Removals complete 4 day pack 3rd Sept.

Flights booked for 10th Sept.

Melbourne here we come!!!!!

Wolfen

Originally posted by Andy_Hanrahan
Tenants ready to sign the lease, Confirmation of renting arrangements received from the bank, about to hand in my notice at work this week. All that remains is to book flights and removals and we're off at the beginning of October!

This is the first time since the very beginning that absolutely nothing is standing in the way of us going, and now I'm scared S**tless! Has anyone else felt like this?

Andy
Old Aug 19th 2003, 11:45 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Andy
Enjoy every moment of being scared shitless! I remember it well 16 months ago and there are still days now that I wake up wondering what I have done and an equal number of days I have a huge grin on my face just enjoying it!

Best of luck and remember to enjoy

Cheers
Old Aug 19th 2003, 11:46 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Andy I know exactly how you feel mate!!!

We are expecting to complete our house sale on 5th Sept.Dog is flying 6th Sept. Our flights are booked to Sydney 18th Sept:scared: :scared: :scared: (then onto Perth 7th oct)

I wake each morning (and yeah don't we all...before anyone says it lol)...and my stomach instantly begins to churn when I remember that omg we fly 4 weeks on Thursday!!!!!

me n hubby beginning to get a little short tempered with eachother and it'll get worse before it gets better!!! We're doing the last minute sorting out bits....

My mother was asking me yet again what time we fly etc and i said..you had better not turn up unexpectedly..I want nobody waving us off!!!!!..she went quiet but didnt say that she wasnt going to....oh dear it'll be much worse if she does....

Im excited but scared too....I suppose its a process that everyone goes through eh??..emotional rollercoaster or what????...

Dont think that my liver will be able to last till we get there!!!!!
Old Aug 19th 2003, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Andy
I sold my house this weekend and reality of events are constantly buzzing around my head, I'm going to need medication by the time I reach your stage

Best way to calm a situation and stop my head spinning is to make a list of whats left to do, I find planning a great way to calm things down and get a bit of order back into a scary situation, that and a few large drinkies
Old Aug 19th 2003, 12:26 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone. At least it's a comfort to know that other people are going through it. Still, I'm sure for anyone trying to sell their house, this is a problem they'd love to have. I guess the grass is always greener and all that.

Andy

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere
I sold my house this weekend and reality of events are constantly buzzing around my head, I'm going to need medication by the time I reach your stage

Best way to calm a situation and stop my head spinning is to make a list of whats left to do, I find planning a great way to calm things down and get a bit of order back into a scary situation, that and a few large drinkies
Old Aug 19th 2003, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I am looking forward to the feeling!

We have a second viewing tomorrow evening from a couple that are 'very interested' in our house. They came yesterday evening and said that they had one more house to view and would get back to us- true to their word they did. Fingers crossed that they put in an offer.

I can't wait to get the exchange through and start booking the flights etc. Experience from the stories on this site has told me not to plan anything until your house is exchanged!
Old Aug 19th 2003, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Jo Cousins will become famous soon enough

Hi All

yep i can totally relate to all the feelings expressed altho' it is very nice to know that you are not the only one feeling it. I feel like i have this constant little man in my head saying 'australia, australia' over and over again so i just cant focus on anything at all. Luckily for me my boss has been great and altho' i dont leave until the end of November my heart is elsewhere now. But nevertheless it has to be said that while half of me wants to jump in the air each time it is mentioned the other half just wants to curl up and cry and make it all go away!!! I know it will probably be one of the best things we ever do tho' and have to remember that we only live once and who wants to live in the 'what if'.

Jo
Old Aug 19th 2003, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

liz and mark is an unknown quantity at this point

Andy
at the start I was scared then it disappeared while waiting for the visas. got visas (got visas may 03 ) and got scared again, that then disappeared now we have 9 weeks before we leave and im getting scared again. when I think about going I get goose bumps from head to toe. We are in a rented place and our stuffs gone to the shippers, the place looks empty and I leave work in 7 weeks time ( after just having 6 weeks off ). Hubby leaves work 8 weeks time ,then we clear out the house and we are off. OH MY GOD this is really happening

Good luck to everyone going or waiting.

Liz and Mark
Leave for Brisbane 26th Oct

:scared:
Old Aug 19th 2003, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Me too.
Everything you have all mentioned.
One thing is nice, to know that we all feel the same and have the same emotions, which makes it a lot easier to deal with when we have been on expats.

Good luck with your viewers Tinaj. Hope that the offer comes soon.

Whisky
Old Aug 19th 2003, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by whisky
Me too.
Everything you have all mentioned.
One thing is nice, to know that we all feel the same and have the same emotions, which makes it a lot easier to deal with when we have been on expats.

Good luck with your viewers Tinaj. Hope that the offer comes soon.

Whisky
Thanks, I will let you know if I hear anything.