Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh my god - bad news all round and more questions

Oh my god - bad news all round and more questions

Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oh my god - bad news all round and more questions

Folks,

heard today that I didn't get the job in Sydney at my parents company HQ. Still, they said let them know when my visa comes through. They didn't actually offer the job to anyone - so at least I feel not a complete loser.

Now, the visa application will be under my wife (midwife, etc) and she got 125 points !!!!!!!!!! just as bloody well if ther are upping it to 120.

I filled out the form last week - getting documents signed next week. I am not getting my skills assessed (accountant) to earn any extra points.

Is there now a new form I should be using if they need 120 points ?...

Also - do ALL documents need proof as being true copies of originals.........or just the ones they specifically say like marriage, birth and the doc sent for the skills assessment ?

We never sent copies of my wifes CSE results for her skills assessment nor a few other things, so why would DIMIA need that when the ANC have already OK'd her as being a Oz suitable midwife..........

red tap for more money me thinks.

If only the UK took this much trouble on immigrants........
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Oh my god - bad news all round and more questions

We had all our docs signed by our solicitor,you may as well cover your own back,last thing you want is it being sent back to you 8 moths down the line!:scared:
tasha
ps ,i would send everything,we did , and by the end of it we thought they must know more about us than we do,but now we at the end of our process they have still asked us for a detailed reference of my parteners job,what tools he uses and wage slips etc.

Last edited by bonza69; Apr 1st 2004 at 10:59 am.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bonza69
We had all our docs signed by our solicitor,you may as well cover your own back,last thing you want is it being sent back to you 8 moths down the line!:scared:
tasha
ps ,i would send everything,we did , and by the end of it we thought they must know more about us than we do,but now we at the end of our process they have still asked us for a detailed reference of my parteners job,what tools he uses and wage slips etc.
what exactly did he do and for what cost ?

did he just sign his name on the back of each doc or did he spell out in words "I, Joe Blogss, solicitor of xxxxxx hereby certify this is a true copy of the original, etc etc etc, date, address phone number shoe size and all that......."....on every doc ?

I have got loads !!!!!!!!!1
Old Apr 1st 2004, 11:13 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Olibeneli
what exactly did he do and for what cost ?

did he just sign his name on the back of each doc or did he spell out in words "I, Joe Blogss, solicitor of xxxxxx hereby certify this is a true copy of the original, etc etc etc, date, address phone number shoe size and all that......."....on every doc ?

I have got loads !!!!!!!!!1
They have a stamp and they stamp every page and sign the stamp. It didn't cost me anything as I had recently bought a flat and the solicitors said they would do the certifying for free as I was a client. I had loads of stuff too.

Perhaps you know a solicitor from a house purchase? Or a JP?

Jane
Old Apr 1st 2004, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Olibeneli
Folks,

heard today that I didn't get the job in Sydney at my parents company HQ. Still, they said let them know when my visa comes through. They didn't actually offer the job to anyone - so at least I feel not a complete loser.

Now, the visa application will be under my wife (midwife, etc) and she got 125 points !!!!!!!!!! just as bloody well if ther are upping it to 120.

I filled out the form last week - getting documents signed next week. I am not getting my skills assessed (accountant) to earn any extra points.

Is there now a new form I should be using if they need 120 points ?...

Also - do ALL documents need proof as being true copies of originals.........or just the ones they specifically say like marriage, birth and the doc sent for the skills assessment ?

We never sent copies of my wifes CSE results for her skills assessment nor a few other things, so why would DIMIA need that when the ANC have already OK'd her as being a Oz suitable midwife..........

red tap for more money me thinks.

If only the UK took this much trouble on immigrants........

We only got the ones they asked for to be certified and we got our visa back approved with no problems!