Oh My God!!!!!

Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

The Browns is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oh My God!!!!!

Well we have taken the plunge and decided we would like to emigrate to Oz on an investors visa with my husband as the main applicant.
He has had his own businesses since leaving school and is fairly successful (then again i'm biased ).
So today I looked on the immi website to download all the paper work i would need and nearly had a heart attack!!! It's probably going to take at least 6 months to get all that sorted and to understand exactly what it is that is required.
Has anyone been down this route for emigrating and if so are we better of getting an immigration adviser or plowing through the minefield ourselves. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old Jul 20th 2006, 1:09 pm
love the life i live

Mysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh My God!!!!!

Originally Posted by The Browns
Well we have taken the plunge and decided we would like to emigrate to Oz on an investors visa with my husband as the main applicant.
He has had his own businesses since leaving school and is fairly successful (then again i'm biased ).
So today I looked on the immi website to download all the paper work i would need and nearly had a heart attack!!! It's probably going to take at least 6 months to get all that sorted and to understand exactly what it is that is required.
Has anyone been down this route for emigrating and if so are we better of getting an immigration adviser or plowing through the minefield ourselves. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
If you can afford it get an adviser, save yourself the stress, you will have enought to do getting all the shit load of paper work together, plus it gives you time to do other things it will also put your mind at rest as everything is done by the book and good advice is there right through the whole prosses good luck
Old Jul 20th 2006, 1:10 pm
Lucyb reincarnated

Lucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to behold

Why on earth would you want to leave Antigua??
Old Jul 20th 2006, 1:20 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Business skills visa applications are generally not for the faint hearted, even though most applicants I have encountered are resourceful and entrepreneurial.

I'll be pleased to telephone you in Antigua if you can advise your details via email or via this webpage:
http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm#appraisal

Best regards.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 1:22 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

PS. See also: http://www.gomatilda.com/visas/busin..._migration.cfm
Old Jul 20th 2006, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lucy
Why on earth would you want to leave Antigua??

We love it there, it's just educating the children past primary level isn't going to happen as the schools aren't great at all and to be honest i miss having shopping centres... oh and the biggy being able to go to a supermarket and not worry that what you need to buy isn't there as it wasn't on the container from the US.

Just little things really.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

If you can afford it then I'd get an agent to help you. Providing you pick the right one, you will get good advice all the way through and lots of help with everything. There is mountains of paper work involved and although we are only just starting out with the whole process, our agent has been so helpful and told us exactly what we need to do.
Old Jul 21st 2006, 2:11 am
Lucyb reincarnated

Lucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Browns
We love it there, it's just educating the children past primary level isn't going to happen as the schools aren't great at all and to be honest i miss having shopping centres... oh and the biggy being able to go to a supermarket and not worry that what you need to buy isn't there as it wasn't on the container from the US.

Just little things really.

But you have Woods Mall and the shops in St Johns! We love Antigua so much and already miss only being a 7 hour flight away from Bluewaters!
Old Jul 21st 2006, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lucy
But you have Woods Mall and the shops in St Johns! We love Antigua so much and already miss only being a 7 hour flight away from Bluewaters!
Woods Mall isn't too bad but all the clothes we bought there for the children lasted all of 2 weeks and they weren't cheap either!! Again shops in St Johns same deal and trying to get around with a pushchair you take your own and your childs life and put them at risk, so until babs is walking properly i'm staying away.

As i said before we love Antigua and even the niggly annoying things fade into nothingness when we're sat on the patio staring out at the ocean at sunset. Our biggest concern is secondary education on the island isn't good at all and we do want the children to have a decent education so.......