Oh My God!!!!!

Old Jun 8th 2006, 3:03 pm
Kanga1

Emmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really nice
Default Oh My God!!!!!

I cant believe we are finally here in Vic it doesnt seem real at the mo. The hardest part through all this was the last week before we left saying goodbye to all our nearest and dearest friends and family. To be honest the haardest part was getting on that plane and leaving them all behind. But we did it and we have been out here since Tuesday and it is very strange to us and feel out of place all our comfort zones have been taken away and we dont know what direction to turn next. But we are determind to stick to it before we give in. It is so easy to go back to what you are use to but we are determind to make this work if after 1year we are still not happy we will come back. If you think it is hard getting the visa you are wrong the hardest part is once you have the visa and when you leave so much to do and think about.
It doesnt help when the weather in the uk is hot and it is bloddy freezing over here Is there anyone else that has moved to Vic that can help us with advise as we dont know what do mext or where to live what areas are good or stay clear of thanks you for listening take care guys
Em & Paul
Old Jun 8th 2006, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh My God!!!!!

Go get the new life!!

Tax number
find rental
open bank accounts
get car
get drunk
have BBQ
go to beach
if kids find them a school
have another BBQ
get drunk again
email everyone your contact details
shop
go to beach
get drunk again
shop some more
etc etc

Paula
Old Jun 8th 2006, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Downies
Go get the new life!!

Tax number
find rental
open bank accounts
get car
get drunk
have BBQ
go to beach
if kids find them a school
have another BBQ
get drunk again
email everyone your contact details
shop
go to beach
get drunk again
shop some more
etc etc

Paula

How did you get hold of my plan

BTW, it's all in the wrong order. Get drunk should be at the top

Hi Em, glad you arrived safely. It will all seem weird at first, you'll get there.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmaline
I cant believe we are finally here in Vic it doesnt seem real at the mo. The hardest part through all this was the last week before we left saying goodbye to all our nearest and dearest friends and family. To be honest the haardest part was getting on that plane and leaving them all behind. But we did it and we have been out here since Tuesday and it is very strange to us and feel out of place all our comfort zones have been taken away and we dont know what direction to turn next. But we are determind to stick to it before we give in. It is so easy to go back to what you are use to but we are determind to make this work if after 1year we are still not happy we will come back. If you think it is hard getting the visa you are wrong the hardest part is once you have the visa and when you leave so much to do and think about.
It doesnt help when the weather in the uk is hot and it is bloddy freezing over here Is there anyone else that has moved to Vic that can help us with advise as we dont know what do mext or where to live what areas are good or stay clear of thanks you for listening take care guys
Em & Paul
Good luck in your new life.
Where abouts will you be settling in, coastal or further inland?
Mandy
Old Jun 8th 2006, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Em & Paul
First priority - go find an English pub so you can watch the match on Saturday That should make you feel at home straight away.
Then go find an Aussie pub so you can go in there on Monday (during their match v Japan) wearing an England top That will earn you a bit of stick from the Aussies and get you match fit for the life ahead of you
Seriously, have a fantastic time. Don't forget to find time to enjoy yourself - you've finally made it there so don't waste a second worrying about things
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:10 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Em & Paul
Are you living in Melbourne or country Victoria? It is freezing at the moment have a fire and the heaters going all day.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 12:35 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Welcome to Australia!!!!! I know it's cold here at the moment but we are in winter and it's still lovely and dry. We are on the outskirts of S/E Melbourne and love it. There is a lot to do around here and the girls have settled really well into their school. All I can say about advice for where to settle is to hire a car and have a good drive around north, south, east and west and see which area you prefer. Then once you've done that you can then whittle it down to a particular suburb. That's how we did it and we're glad we did because there were certain areas around Melbourne we didn't like (personal preference only). Anyway good luck and hope it all works out for you.

Lorraine
Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:15 am
Kanga1

Emmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really nice

Thank you for all your replies we were thinking about Mornington or Rosebud is there any expat clubs out here as my 4 year old daughter wants to make some friends.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for all your replies we were thinking about Mornington or Rosebud is there any expat clubs out here as my 4 year old daughter wants to make some friends.
Have you managed to check Mornington and Rosebud out? As they are areas i liked the look of (on net that is) We are hoping to visit those areas in Oct.
Mandy
Old Jun 12th 2006, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Just lately there had been a contact list set up to help people who have just arrived. Take a look and see if there is anyone on it near where you are and send them a PM. http://britishexpats.com/articles/au...lping-friends/