Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:13 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by monkeymark
appriciate the answers and time to write thanks. Ive been in touch with pickfords and asked them about the access and they said there is'nt any also we were under the impression that we needed to put everything down that we were taking and add up the total cost but really all you have to do is to put down what you want insured and then do the maths so to speak. So they are sending out another god almighty form for us to fill out this time we are only going to insure what we have to.......... any cheers for the info. Oh and as for Pickfords we so far have found them pretty good.
Hi

We used Pickfords and found them to be OK - they use their own team at this end as well (Sydney based) - not sure about elsewhere in Australia.

We also took out their insurance and had to make a claim for a few damaged items - you will be extremely lucky not to have the odd breakage if you are sending a lot of stuff out.

For the claim we were required to provide a photo of each damaged item and an estimated cost of (UK) replacement value. We were up front with them and they paid our full claim - no quibbles. Considering the claim was for about half the insurance cost (one of the damaged items was of some value and had been thoroughly investigated by Sydney customs -, so thoroughly that they broke it!) it was a good result.

Regards

Jim
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

monkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

We used Pickfords and found them to be OK - they use their own team at this end as well (Sydney based) - not sure about elsewhere in Australia.

We also took out their insurance and had to make a claim for a few damaged items - you will be extremely lucky not to have the odd breakage if you are sending a lot of stuff out.

For the claim we were required to provide a photo of each damaged item and an estimated cost of (UK) replacement value. We were up front with them and they paid our full claim - no quibbles. Considering the claim was for about half the insurance cost (one of the damaged items was of some value and had been thoroughly investigated by Sydney customs -, so thoroughly that they broke it!) it was a good result.

Regards

Jim
Thanks i'll bare that in mind when we fill new form out. we will insure all the items we think should be insured and forget about the rest such as the ironing board!!!!????.......
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:55 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Thanks i'll bare that in mind when we fill new form out. we will insure all the items we think should be insured and forget about the rest such as the ironing board!!!!????.......
Actually , our ironing board was one of the damaged items - somehow it got buckled and no longer wanted to stand upright properly - sounds like a few good nights out!.

I said it would cost £30 to replace (I think) and it was paid in full.

Its your call on what to insure, of course, but sods law says it will be the bits that you haven't insured that get damaged.

Jim... and time for bed!
Old Nov 9th 2005, 1:03 am
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

Think of it this way. If all your furniture and items were lost or destroyed in transit, how much would it cost to set yourself up again?

Then do the maths.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 5:51 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

can anyone out there tell me if they had insurance on their household goods that they shipped to Oz. We have been told we need it because of obvious reasons but our friends in Oz told us not to bother. but then again they did'ent have that much stuff to take. Our price tag on ins came to a staggering £909.72p WOW!!!! does that sound about right? Has anybody else had quotes like that and did you take out ins? Thankyou for your time I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

What the ****???? Are you goods worth millions?! Try letton percival...they do marine insurance at 1.5% of value or thereabouts!