Oh God

Old Sep 17th 2005, 4:15 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh God

Originally Posted by Rooksie
I love it!!!!

Its easier putting my stories in my blog.

I havent decided how long Alan and George will remain in my imagination.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 1:20 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Its easier putting my stories in my blog.

I havent decided how long Alan and George will remain in my imagination.
You're only as good as your last work Sam.......so you got nuthin to worry about.

Do you think Sue will let me order in some butterscotch vodka ?
It's purely for medicinal purposes of course.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bix
You're only as good as your last work Sam.......so you got nuthin to worry about.

Do you think Sue will let me order in some butterscotch vodka ?
It's purely for medicinal purposes of course.
Only if you promise to share.....(is there really such a thing as butterscotch vodka?)
Old Sep 18th 2005, 1:35 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Only if you promise to share.....(is there really such a thing as butterscotch vodka?)
Shhhhh........it is my intention to share it with the ladeeeeees

But they won't allow it into the BE house if they knew that.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

If anyone's still interested about the kids ..

My 8 year old was devastated about coming - "Why should we go there when everything we love is here?" was the hardest question to answer.

Well we planned well, she had the best birthday party ever before we went and said goodbye to all her friends over the next few days (not at the party as I couldn't have coped with all the farewells and tears at a happy occasion).

Then we spent time with their grandparents and cousins and as soon as we arrived we gave her a 2 week break before starting school.

During that time we went round the school and she saw the fabulous playground, we showed her her new house which was "wicked", we set her up with judo and gymnastics lessons which she hadn't done before but fancied and went to the beach.

It's been easier to meet people at after school activities and at local playgrounds than at school as the parents just hang around in groups at the local supermarket to wait for the kids to arrive and it's a braver mum than me to infiltrate one of these so I sit on a bench and wait for another billy-no-mates to turn up and just occasionally I meet someone really nice. Also met a couple or six really nice families at a recent expat meeting (thanks Bordy) and I've been ready to invite anyone back for coffee and to take her to the pictures or other familair fun activities.

So after only 8 weeks here we reach the school hols and only have one day without seeing anyone/doing anything.

I asked her recently how she felt about England now and she said she loves her new school even more than her old one (and she really loved it there) because she can take her shoes off in class and because she's learned to swing from the monkey bars (and believe me she isn't physical), she only wishes she could split herself so she could live in England too.

So if I had any advice to offer, do as much with them as you have the energy for, get talking to loads of people and some will become great friends for you whole family and some will just be someone else you know, and get in lots of coffee.

Good luck and good fun.

Flip
Old Sep 18th 2005, 6:58 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willmore

share what!?!?!?

there most certainly is such a thing and its lurvely
Old Sep 18th 2005, 7:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by flip

My 8 year old was devastated about coming - "Why should we go there when everything we love is here?" was the hardest question to answer.

Well we planned well, she had the best birthday party ever before we went and said goodbye to all her friends over the next few days (not at the party as I couldn't have coped with all the farewells and tears at a happy occasion).

Then we spent time with their grandparents and cousins and as soon as we arrived we gave her a 2 week break before starting school.

During that time we went round the school and she saw the fabulous playground, we showed her her new house which was "wicked", we set her up with judo and gymnastics lessons which she hadn't done before but fancied and went to the beach.

It's been easier to meet people at after school activities and at local playgrounds than at school as the parents just hang around in groups at the local supermarket to wait for the kids to arrive and it's a braver mum than me to infiltrate one of these so I sit on a bench and wait for another billy-no-mates to turn up and just occasionally I meet someone really nice. Also met a couple or six really nice families at a recent expat meeting (thanks Bordy) and I've been ready to invite anyone back for coffee and to take her to the pictures or other familair fun activities.

So after only 8 weeks here we reach the school hols and only have one day without seeing anyone/doing anything.

I asked her recently how she felt about England now and she said she loves her new school even more than her old one (and she really loved it there) because she can take her shoes off in class and because she's learned to swing from the monkey bars (and believe me she isn't physical), she only wishes she could split herself so she could live in England too.

So if I had any advice to offer, do as much with them as you have the energy for, get talking to loads of people and some will become great friends for you whole family and some will just be someone else you know, and get in lots of coffee.

Good luck and good fun.

Flip

thanks flip for the advice and reassuring comments - it all helps.

i wish we could have a kiddie forum so kids over here could chat to kids over there

cheers - jac
Old Sep 18th 2005, 7:20 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Good luck and good fun.

Flip
Great post Flip. Karma on way
Old Sep 18th 2005, 7:28 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and good fun.

Flip
Very reassuring thank you
Old Sep 18th 2005, 9:27 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

right thats an opportunity not to be missed - i will go to macro before sandown and bring a bag full!!!

Excellent I can feel another hangover coming up

Kris x
Old Sep 18th 2005, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

thanks flip for the advice and reassuring comments - it all helps.

i wish we could have a kiddie forum so kids over here could chat to kids over there

cheers - jac
but did you ever find the lion bars?
Old Sep 18th 2005, 12:04 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Mmmmm.......which do you refer to ?
Attached Thumbnails Oh God-lion-bar.jpg   Oh God-lionbarred.jpg   Oh God-lionbar.jpg  
Old Sep 18th 2005, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Excellent I can feel another hangover coming up

Kris x

went to makro today and have some butterscotch vodka twists!! not sure they will last until sandown though !!!!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 1:25 pm
Account Closed

LOL!!!!! yes i did!!!!