Oh dear

Old May 25th 2007, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Gethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura about
Default Oh dear

Just got our blood tests back to the vets for our dog and he has 2 negative's and 1 positive. The assistant does not know which one is which, waiting for the vet to come back to see what she says.

I feel sick
Old May 25th 2007, 10:38 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh dear

Originally Posted by Gethy
Just got our blood tests back to the vets for our dog and he has 2 negative's and 1 positive. The assistant does not know which one is which, waiting for the vet to come back to see what she says.

I feel sick
Don't panic! They'll do a second test - as long as the sample doesn't show an increase above the reading from the first test, then the pooch can still fly. Same thing happened to us and quite a few others. In one case, even though the reading was higher the dog still flew ... there's a long thread or two about it if you search for dogs and blood tests using the search thing above.
Old May 25th 2007, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Gethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Hutch
Don't panic! They'll do a second test - as long as the sample doesn't show an increase above the reading from the first test, then the pooch can still fly. Same thing happened to us and quite a few others. In one case, even though the reading was higher the dog still flew ... there's a long thread or two about it if you search for dogs and blood tests using the search thing above.

Thanks matey,

Been reading the posts but I can't think straight atm, Lous seems to think its not lepto from the description the assistant gave her. I just need to clear my thoughts and wait for the vet to call.
Old May 25th 2007, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Just spoken to the assistant and it looks like he has tested positive for Ehrlichia. Just waiting for the Vet to call us later today.

Kinda feels like we have hit a brickwall, best start searching for the best way to treat him.

Cheers
Old May 25th 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gethy
Just spoken to the assistant and it looks like he has tested positive for Ehrlichia. Just waiting for the Vet to call us later today.

Kinda feels like we have hit a brickwall, best start searching for the best way to treat him.

Cheers
Gethy, there is a lot about Ehrlichia on this forum, many dogs pass 2/3rd test after a course of antibiotics........... see if you can search 'liver bird' her Cocker passed after months of trying to get her through it.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=Ehrlichia

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=279723