Wikiposts

Oh dear.....

Old May 15th 2006, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oh dear.....

Originally Posted by Ransi
Drive them into the ozone layer in the hope they all burn..

Thing is they are untouchable...Aus gov's fault for licking their arses too many times,so now they dont know when to stop or simply couldnt give a shit,knowing that most non abos are willing to walk on egg shells...so unless they get treated as equal citizens,which wont happen,its a vicious circle.
Maybe one day all will be sorted
Old May 15th 2006, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

No one I know calls them aboriginals...

Must be an Aus thing,words get shortened.
I think this one has been classed as being of a racial slur nature, in the same way 'Spick' for Spanish etc.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:18 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

No one I know calls them aboriginals...

Must be an Aus thing,words get shortened.
The large majority of Australians I have met call them just that Ransi. Maybe not to their faces but pretty openly amongst "whites".

They also declare quite a hatred for them which surprised me a lot. Not for Asians, not for Islanders, but definitely toward the Traditional Owners.

It's interesing seeing a PC government who appear out of touch with the way it's people think on this subject. Or maybe they are not.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:18 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
I think this one has been classed as being of a racial slur nature, in the same way 'Spick' for Spanish etc.
I must be racist then.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:21 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I must be racist then.
I'm a janner Pleased to meet you.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:22 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
The large majority of Australians I have met call them just that Ransi. Maybe not to their faces but pretty openly amongst "whites".

They also declare quite a hatred for them which surprised me a lot. Not for Asians, not for Islanders, but definitely toward the Traditional Owners.

It's interesing seeing a PC government who appear out of touch with the way it's people think on this subject. Or maybe they are not.
\i was quite shocked at the hatred too...until I watched the news on matters regarding the TO's..( ).
Old May 15th 2006, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

I must be racist then.
As you've adopted something your friends say, it doesn't make you racist.

Now that you know, you could take the decision to stop saying it.

And I suppose, now that you know it's a racial slur, and you continued to say it, that would be a different matter, wouldn't it?!
Old May 15th 2006, 11:24 pm
Cheeky member

As you've adopted something your friends say, it doesn't make you racist.

Now that you know, you could take the decision to stop saying it.

And I suppose, now that you know it's a racial slur, and you continued to say it, that would be a different matter, wouldn't it?!
Yes mam...
Old May 15th 2006, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
This is very much at the core of where it's failing.

Nearly every habitated land the world over has been screwed by some other nation or tribe at some point in it's history. At what point does man forget the past ? Not in the sense of not remembering but in the sense of moving on.

WW2 was horrific but both Germany and Japan have come through it and moved with society.

I don't believe the Aborigine thing is the one black mark against this nation.
Get over it and move on.

The world has moved on so the Aborigine must do the same. Conform or join the dinosaurs. Where are the pygmies of the Amazon ? The headhunters of Borneo ? Like it or not they are being or have been forced to conform. That's what civilization is.

Again I say like it or not that's how the world races have evolved and what "we" have created and are about. Why do we as the U.N. not tolerate the many horrors in the world and try to do something about it ? Uganda, Chile, Iraq etc. It's not always about oil but also humanitarian reasons. May be slow to act sometimes but eventually action is taken.

So what's the difference here ? The buggers should be strung up.

Oh, and we don't call them Aborigine any more. It's now Traditional Owners. Poppycock. It's time the eggshells were broken and Australia treated them like they were Australian.

FNQ has probably the largest population and you can see the current attempts are failing miserably. Pick up a newspaper and a very common quote from the courts is "the young offender was of Aboriginal descent". Nine out of ten crimes by young people here appear to be. Is that a system that is working for the Aboriginal and society ? Of course not.

Nothing will be achieved until the governments here stop throwing money at them which in a lot of cases end up in the bottle shop coffers. They don't have to earn a living so why should they give a shit about anything ? And they don't. As in so many cases the only answer is education.

Excuse some of my generalisations but I think you get the picture.
Some excellent points spoken from experience and the heart Lion King

Prior to moving to Aus, I was of the opinion that the Aboriginal people had [and still were] being mistreated. Having read numerous Aboriginal history books and spoken to Aboriginal people and those who work closely with their communities, there is no doubt in the past this was the case.

However from what I personally can see today, things have changed.

Australia has said sorry for its past and at the end of the day it can't re-write history. What's done is done. Perhaps what Australia can do is stop taking a passive stance, stop stepping on eggshells and start to integrate the Aboriginal communities by creating equal responsibility?

Perhaps then as you say, things will change
Old May 15th 2006, 11:26 pm
Account Closed

Yes mam...

That's the spirit Ransi.
Old May 16th 2006, 12:09 am
Bix
da Bonehead

That's the spirit Ransi.
She never bends over for me like that
Old May 16th 2006, 12:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Does anyone, other than in your dreams of course
Old May 16th 2006, 12:51 am
Bix
da Bonehead

I really do think it's the way forward.
No good spoiling the child.......you turn it into a brat.
You have to educate in order for it to comprehend and live a life of values. Not financial but ethical.

The Aboriginal that works with us was asked who else we could employ from his tribe and he is adamant......none of them and especially his own family members. Says they will go on walkabout to the nearest bottle shop as soon as they get the first paypacket.

There are one or two projects in the offing on the Cape York Peninsula we are on the fringe of. We have doubts as to the viability of one of the projects and talked to the local government rep about it. He says don't worry, because it's an Aboriginal project the government will keep pouring money into it with few questions asked. This is happening elsewhere too and it has to be wrong surely ?

Continuously throwing money at the race is not helping it grow. What it is doing though is firing the fuels of resentment in the rest of the population. If there was a poll amongst whites to chooses to keep the Aboriginals in Australia or send them packing to some ficticious land what would be the result ? I don't think they would be here very long.

I think I understand why they feel like it too. They see the most expensive designer sports gear being worn by Aboriginals who have never known a days work in their life so have not "earnt" it in their terms. They see the drunks on a daily basis with the occasional stupoured axeman chasing neighbours down the street. The drunken tribal feudal fighting. The raft of criminal offences and total disregard for the law. The kids who cycle in the middle of the road in the wrong direction of very busy roads just because they can and no-one can stop them. The Coles supermarket trolleys full up with young children because of the breeding like jackrabbits syndrome. Yet still able to buy what they wish....money no object. Yes, these are some of the things causing an even wider chasm to appear between the natives and whites.

Aboriginals were originally Torras Strait Islanders we are told yet it's quite remarkable to compare how the "two" races have evolved and how different they are today. Maybe something can be learnt there.
Old May 16th 2006, 12:52 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Does anyone, other than in your dreams of course
I really like my sleep
Old May 16th 2006, 12:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix

She was obviously responding to my school marm-ish approach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.