Wikiposts

Oh dear.....

Old May 15th 2006, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oh dear.....

Reading this today at work I was shocked by some of the comments in this report.

http://www.Australian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,19149874-2702,00.html

The aboriginal communities *seem* on the whole to be displaced.

It got me thinking.

Does Australia enable aboriginal communities live their own lives relatively undisturbed and unchanged as they have for thousands of years, or does Australia intervene and integrate them into the majority*Australian* society?
Old May 15th 2006, 8:33 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh dear.....

Good job I didn't post that :scared:

G
Old May 15th 2006, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
Good job I didn't post that :scared:

G
Lets not scare monger though G.

These are not usual circumstances and I personally feel safer here than I ever did in the UK

The report focused on the fact these things happened in aboriginal territories and the problems associated with leaving the aboriginal communities to *police* themselves.

This got me thinking about things and whether these communities should be left to self manage and continue living the lives they have always lived, or whether the aboriginal communities should be encouraged to be integrated into mainstream Australian society?

The thread was started as a form of intelligent debate rather than demonstrating lawlessness here. After all...wherever there are people world over, there will be crime.

No one on here is that stupid to think otherwise.
Old May 15th 2006, 8:52 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Most people won't care....it was amongst aborigines

Doesn't apply to caucasians does it?...therefore it is irrelevant

G
Old May 15th 2006, 8:54 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

A tough one this...

Letting "mens bussiness" carry on? Which means anally raping and drowning 4 year olds,7month olds and 2 year olds.....and thats all i've read in the link...what the hell goes on that we dont know about?...
Old May 15th 2006, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

G
I don't agree Grayling.

I think people do care but maybe they don't know what to do for the best

Perhaps it's one of those situations that whatever Australia does, it will be wrong i.e no win situation
Old May 15th 2006, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
This got me thinking about things and whether these communities should be left to self manage and continue living the lives they have always lived, or whether the aboriginal communities should be encouraged to be integrated into mainstream Australian society?
Or perhaps somewhere inbetween? White men screwed the aboriginal lifestyle many many years ago. And in the last however many years that they've been trying to find an answer, all those big brains have failed. I'm no expert, and I don't have an answer, but it makes me very very sad - the one black mark against this country.
Old May 15th 2006, 8:57 pm
Bitter and twisted

Well

Let's see what sort of responses there are.

G
Old May 15th 2006, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ransi
A tough one this...

Letting "mens bussiness" carry on? Which means anally raping and drowning 4 year olds,7month olds and 2 year olds.....and thats all i've read in the link...what the hell goes on that we dont know about?...
There could be some scare mongering going on in the report though Ransi and given the size of the aboriginal communities Vs the rest of Aus, it's not a massive problem in proportionate terms. This doesn't distract from the terrible tragedy of it all though

The question is.....does Australia let the aboriginal communities carry on living their own lives in their own way [as it seems to have done so far].... or does Australia expect aboriginies to become more mainstream and integrate within Australian society?

Is this a no win situation
Old May 15th 2006, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by thribble
Or perhaps somewhere inbetween? White men screwed the aboriginal lifestyle many many years ago. And in the last however many years that they've been trying to find an answer, all those big brains have failed. I'm no expert, and I don't have an answer, but it makes me very very sad - the one black mark against this country.
Yeh, I think this too. But then again, does Australia keep saying sorry and turn a blind eye for the *misgivings* of all those years ago
Old May 15th 2006, 9:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

G
Can you never have a positive slant on anything . I don't believe you are so embittered. With your work, you can't be. You regularly confuse the hell out me to be honest.

I am fairly ignorant of the Aborigines - I put my hand up to it. I realise there is a big big problem, I do read stuff, but am at a loss as to what I can do to actually make a difference. There are too many problems in the world and always have been, all I can do is make sure me and mine are as well versed as we can be and never discriminate against anyone.
Old May 15th 2006, 9:08 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

There could be some scare mongering going on in the report though Ransi and given the size of the aboriginal communities Vs the rest of Aus, it's not a massive problem in proportionate terms. This doesn't distract from the terrible tragedy of it all though

The question is.....does Australia let the aboriginal communities carry on living their own lives in their own way [as it seems to have done so far].... or does Australia expect aboriginies to become more mainstream and integrate within Australian society?

Yes...I hear what your saying.

It will never be sorted...too much hatred on both sides...sad for the little ones and thats all I care about...
Old May 15th 2006, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh, I think this too. But then again, does Australia keep saying sorry and turn a blind eye for the *misgivings* of all those years ago
I do think that there seems to be a lot of "well that was in the past". I was appalled the other week here when the gov't allowed the aborigines to keep the sacred flame at Domain, but removed all their tents, thus leaving them to tend it in the open air.

Pretty heavy discussion topic, this one!

A while ago I went to a lecture/discussion thing. One of the women speaking was aboriginal. She told a story of an aboriginal lecturer in Queensland who collapsed of a stroke at a bus stop. It was 5 hours before anybody stopped to ask if she was okay, and then it was some Japanese students. Everybody else assumed she was just another drunk. When its easy to see what is right in a story like that, I question whether I myself would have stopped. Which makes me terribly, terribly ashamed.
Old May 15th 2006, 9:10 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Can you never have a positive slant on anything . I don't believe you are so embittered. With your work, you can't be. You regularly confuse the hell out me to be honest.
Come on

You know most people thinking of migrating (or most whites who live there) could not give a toss about the aborigines.

Just look at a lot of the racist nonsense that is put on here about people in the UK

That is reality.

G
Old May 15th 2006, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

djfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nice

This is a real toughy - these things go on in Africa and are reported in the UK press so you get a litte numb about it. Basically the Aboriginies are not a christian society - or muslim - or buddhist - or any other what we call mainstream religion and therefore we cannot understand or even start to understand their thought process when it comes to these henious crimes. They are still, what we would have called 200 years ago, savages, who live by their ways and rules and unless the Australian Government takes steps to integrate them into mainstream society they will never change.
Then comes the BIGGY - Why should they change? They have lived the same way for centuries and whilst they live in their own communities and do not commit crimes on the outside it does not concern the Oz Gov. The debate is - Should it?
I dont know the answer. Even if there is one I doubt it would be satisfactory to either the Aboriginies or the Liberal society we now live in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.