oh dear

Old Dec 29th 2005, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute
Talking oh dear

i've really gone and done it..... no really!!!

booked our flights to australia 2 hours ago! am beginning to think i'm dreaming.

i a bit of a different position to (i think) most of you on here in that we're both going over on student visas and will apply for PR when the time comes round (altho if we don't get it we'll just head off to another country somewhere else) so we've not had some of the really long visa waits that some of you have (altho i'm sure our time will come!!!)

my dogs are just waiting for the ok <<fingers crossed>>, and my stuff still needs to be shipped but all that's not happening until the week before we go...

so we're booked on a cathay pacific flight on 17th Jan from heathrow and in honour of my gran (who refused to go ANYWHERE unless it was in car) i've used some of my inheritance and booked us business class tickets!..... Gran was always amazed at the amount of travelling and flying that I did but she could have never have brought herself to do it!

it's been a year in the planning and i can't believe that it's just around the corner.

for the rest of you out there still waiting....... godd things do come!

ffy
Old Dec 29th 2005, 4:41 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: oh dear

Originally Posted by YoSemite

booked our flights to australia 2 hours ago! am beginning to think i'm dreaming.

i a bit of a different position to (i think) most of you on here in that we're both going over on student visas and will apply for PR when the time comes round (altho if we don't get it we'll just head off to another country somewhere else) so we've not had some of the really long visa waits that some of you have (altho i'm sure our time will come!!!)

my dogs are just waiting for the ok <<fingers crossed>>, and my stuff still needs to be shipped but all that's not happening until the week before we go...

so we're booked on a cathay pacific flight on 17th Jan from heathrow and in honour of my gran (who refused to go ANYWHERE unless it was in car) i've used some of my inheritance and booked us business class tickets!..... Gran was always amazed at the amount of travelling and flying that I did but she could have never have brought herself to do it!

it's been a year in the planning and i can't believe that it's just around the corner.

ffy
Enjoy your flight
Old Dec 29th 2005, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

ffy

Good luck

Wendy x
Old Dec 29th 2005, 4:51 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=YoSemite]i've really gone and done it..... no really!!!

Fab news,

Really hope it all works out for you. Enjoy the business class.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 29th 2005, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky you would love to fly business class.......what will you both be studying?? I started on a foundation course to study radiography but have changed direction somewhat and am now studying accountancy.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

ffy
Best of luck! We are going the same way (student visa) really exciting yet frightening as the big day draws nearer (21st jan). Wish we could afford business class! hope all goes well,cant wait to get there.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 5:49 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

ffy
oooo good luck its so exciting wish it was me
Old Dec 29th 2005, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

Happy days !

Good luck and enjoy
Old Dec 29th 2005, 6:06 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

how exciting...good luck and enjoy your new venture great start to 2006
Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

well me other 1/2 is doing some kind of accountancy exam thingies..... is currently a financial analyst so is boring enough to do that kind of thing (i'm gonna get battered both on and offline for that remark!! hehehehe)

i was due to study social work but was a bit concerned at jumping right back into studying and altho i could write you a huge social history report on some snotty nosed little kid i doubt i could write a 1/2way decent essay... so i'm off to do a prep year before heading off to uni

roll on start of term in feb.......

mand... bill.... where you 2 studying???
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:09 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

we left the UK on 17 January 2004 to come here. Not on Cathay Pacific....and not business class either come to think of it. You'll be in time for the Australia Day celebrations so you should definitely try to find out what's on whereever you're going. There's a big lake where we are and they had this massive thing there all day and evening with fireworks and hubby's work dishing out free ice-creams.

All the best
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

i'll be wherever the beer is on oz day.... with probs be on southbank somewhere or annoying some of my new found mates from on here!!!

last year i was in canberra wi my rellies watching the edinburgh tattoo of all things......... v bizarre concept!! felt dead sorry for all the scot soldiers in their full highland rigout... more than a few fainted afterwards i believe!! bloomin shame!!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:13 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

What a lovely way to be able to remember your Gran Best of luck, you're a great gal
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

well me other 1/2 is doing some kind of accountancy exam thingies..... is currently a financial analyst so is boring enough to do that kind of thing (i'm gonna get battered both on and offline for that remark!! hehehehe)

i was due to study social work but was a bit concerned at jumping right back into studying and altho i could write you a huge social history report on some snotty nosed little kid i doubt i could write a 1/2way decent essay... so i'm off to do a prep year before heading off to uni

roll on start of term in feb.......

mand... bill.... where you 2 studying???
I was studying at QUT on the prep year too, but I am now just doing the diploma at the moment (cheaper way round but longer) at Moreton TAFE.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mand: i'm doing prep at southbank tafe.... did consider moreton but t'other half is studying at southbank so though might as well do the same for the 1st year!!!

anne: i'll be having a right wee giggle to myself on the plane thinking bout ma granny!! she absolutly HATED it when i went anywhere even just for a few days. was always convinced that something awful would happen to me and this got worse after 9/11!!! however when i got home she always wanted to know everything about my travels and was especially amazed at aeroplanes... i think she would have been a big fan of business class had she got the chance to see it!!

we had decided that when we actually told her i was going to australia we were going to tell her it was only for 6 months then i'd fly back and say no actually i'm staying for another 6 months and just keep doing that till she got used to the idea. then she got sick and i decided (without telling anyone) that i wasn't going to australia .... she was just too sick to leave behind. But gran inevitably took that decision out of my hands.... she'd always told me that i wasn't allowed to emigrate until after she'd died, so i think she must have known my plans! - she was like that!!

grans are great!!! 3 cheers for grans!!!!!