Reload this Page >

Offshore Australia?

Offshore Australia?

Old Oct 22nd 2011, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Niles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Offshore Australia?

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone here work offshore Australia? I currently work in the North Sea 2 weeks on 3 weeks off but i'm looking at making the switch to Australia for a change in lifestyle. I've worked offshore for 6 years and I'm 26. Just wondered what the conditions are like over there, I know its still 2/2 over there but do you get holidays with that? What is the going rate for a mechanical maintenance technician? Can anyone recommend any companies?

Thanks,

Chris
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Offshore Australia?

No one?
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 8:42 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to help but I've got absolutely no idea! Hopefully someone better than me will pop up for you.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 10:23 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Niles
No one?
Do you have a visa to live and work in Australia? Without one of those the rest is moot.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 5:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Do you have a visa to live and work in Australia? Without one of those the rest is moot.
Hmmm, that is a helpful comment thanks. I'm at the information stage at the minute as i'm sure a lot of people go through.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 5:53 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, that is a helpful comment thanks. I'm at the information stage at the minute as i'm sure a lot of people go through.
So surely the most important piece of information is whether or not you'll be able to get a visa?

Have a look at the Visa Wizard on the immigration site
Old Oct 24th 2011, 6:57 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone here work offshore Australia? I currently work in the North Sea 2 weeks on 3 weeks off but i'm looking at making the switch to Australia for a change in lifestyle. I've worked offshore for 6 years and I'm 26. Just wondered what the conditions are like over there, I know its still 2/2 over there but do you get holidays with that? What is the going rate for a mechanical maintenance technician? Can anyone recommend any companies?

Thanks,

Chris
If you do qualify for the visa.... check out the Gorgon Gas project, 130km's off the west coast of Australia.
http://www.chevronaustralia.com/ourb...es/gorgon.aspx

It is one of the world's largest natural gas projects and the largest single resource natural gas project in Australia's history.

Here's a movie - http://www.chevronaustralia.com/File...On%20Final.wmv

Last edited by h2oskineil; Oct 24th 2011 at 6:59 am.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 10:16 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, another newbie to put on ignore. I'm at the 'tired of trying to help only to have sarcastic replies when people don't like what they hear' stage at the minute as I know a lot of us are.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Hmmm, another newbie to put on ignore. I'm at the 'tired of trying to help only to have sarcastic replies when people don't like what they hear' stage at the minute as I know a lot of us are.
After searching there was very little information on what I want to know, I asked a couple of questions I would not of expected such an arrogant response from a member of the forum with over 18000 posts.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

After searching there was very little information on what I want to know, I asked a couple of questions I would not of expected such an arrogant response from a member of the forum with over 18000 posts.
It seems daft to be asking questions about a situation when you have no idea if you will be able to get a visa to come here - it isnt that easy you know. Complete the visa wizard, see if you are able to come out then start asking questions about the situation you may find yourself in and you may get some answers to the more detailed questions you have. I haven't been here long but have seen numerous detailed questions before people even know if they are eligible to get any visa.