Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The OFFICIAL what I do like about Oz thread

The OFFICIAL what I do like about Oz thread

Old Oct 20th 2006, 7:57 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The OFFICIAL what I do like about Oz thread

Space, attitude and open-mindedness.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Turn left at any time with care at traffic lights
Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

the whole f**king place...... love it all... wouldn't change it for a second.

big scary spiders - not a problem, makes me look dead brave when i say to folks back in the UK that I got rid of a huge spider out of my house

big fook off snakes - not a problem... they never bothered me anyway

evil giant cockroaches - not a problem.... I've got mortein

Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:09 am

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YoSemite

big scary spiders - not a problem, makes me look dead brave when i say to folks back in the UK that I got rid of a huge spider out of my house

you sound like one of Men in Black!!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoSemite

Same, but I get my hubby to shift them all, cos I'm too chicken
Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Its great to hear such positve comments on here. All those posts are reminding me of why we are going through all this and I'm sure it will be worth it once we get there.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
That you get up every day and actually want to get out of bed.
That nearly every one you meet takes time to say hello and talk to you.
That my kids actually enjoy going to school every day.
That my neighbourhood has play areas for the kids every where.
That you can get up in a morning and plan a day out cos the weather is more consistant.
That I there are no shopping trolleys or plastic bags in any of the lakes (well they are ponds really )
The wildlife here is awesome.
That it doesn't cost me a fortune to send my son to school on the bus.
That I can fill my fridge-freezer up for less than $300 and not have to go shopping again for 2 to 3 weeks. (Except for milk!)
That every day it gets better and better.
haven't been here as long as you Wendy but agree with what you say, alas we only have one excuse of a play park for the kids near us, but they are so taken with everything else it doesn't seem to bother them too much. Also:

the supermarkets are pretty quiet compared to where I used to live.
the boys can swim after school
they are amazed by the wildlife
the clean smell
that we are pretty close to a beach
the choice of seafood
Ohippy lives near me and she's pretty cool
food shopping is more of a pleasure than a drudge

oh I could go on and on.......
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:42 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Cheap red wine. How everything is easy. No stress!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:50 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Pizza vouchers and Xenical.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
you sound like one of Men in Black!!

let me see ya just bounce it with me
just bounce with me
just bounce with me
come on let me see ya just slide with me
just slide with me
Just slide with me
come on let me see ya take a walk with me
just walk with me
take a walk with me
come on and make your neck work
now freeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The good guys dress in black, remember that!!......

whoop!!!!!

hehehehe

<<<embarrassed that I knew the words without having to google them or anything!!!! EEK!!!>>>
Old Oct 20th 2006, 4:04 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
Pizza vouchers and Xenical.
Large sized Pizza hut, Pizza haven takeaway pizza's for only $4 with a voucher.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 4:14 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=YoSemite]let me see ya just bounce it with me

ho ho ho...loony!

I am going back soon! Yippeee!

Better restaurants
Massive amounts of available sushi and noodlebars
beer, beer, beer
sunshine
big open parks
quite a bit of honesty (in my dealings anyway)
laid back-ness
Old Oct 20th 2006, 4:15 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Large sized Pizza hut, Pizza haven takeaway pizza's for only $4 with a voucher.

....you never stop with those blXXdy pizzas!

...what size are you now?
Old Oct 20th 2006, 4:48 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by busterboy
....you never stop with those blXXdy pizzas!

...what size are you now?
Extra large with mega toppings.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 4:49 pm
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Extra large with mega toppings.

...and extra greasy cheese

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.