Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Jan 27th 2007, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

gazza12120 will become famous soon enoughgazza12120 will become famous soon enough
Question Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

hi there i will be moving to perth at end of the year.i work as a joiner and my wife works in youth services(youth clubs etc).any info on job opportunities and wages would be very welcome.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

kylab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by dh1905
Hi everyone,
Thought it would be a good idea for the people not yet here in Oz who are researching,to get an idea of the wages paid here and for what job (and for the people here in Oz who just want to be nosey ) .As this is info I found hard to get hold of in the UK.
Although, if you would rather not disclose all your personal details, just popdown what you are happy with people knowing, I'm sure it would be a help.

Me- not working
Hubby- Carpenter on $30 an hr

We are on the Gold Coast.

Donna xxx
I think that this is a great idea can anyone tell me what the job situation is like in Perth for a rolls royce trained machine setter operator and a store detective?
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

Hi everyone, have just started the long haul of paperwork and i am looking to go to brisbane area, can anyone tell me what a good electrician can earn for a 50 hour week.
Cheers.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:53 am
Just Joined

catdonna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we are looking to emigrate to western oz,Perth.My hubby is a plumber,how easy or hard is it to get a job?
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

daverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nice
Exclamation Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Anyone got any idea what a maintenance electrician could earn (and where!).
I'm an overhead crane engineer but am apprentice trained as a sparky
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

daverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

I've just had this link passed on to me from the Adelaidebrits site. You have probably seen it before but it may come in handy to newbies!http://www.industrialcourt.sa.gov.au...B99A2194E8F13B

Last edited by daverock; Jan 29th 2007 at 9:45 pm. Reason: forgot to add the link!
Old Jan 31st 2007, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Suisho1978 will become famous soon enoughSuisho1978 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi All,

We're considering making the move to Australia! We're currently in Northern Ireland. My husband is an I.T. Manager currently on £32,000 plus a company car. I'm at home with baby at the minute but I'm a qualifed teacher of English as a second language. I'd get between £25 to £40 per hours if I was working now. I also speak Japanese. What sort of salary could we expect in OZ and is there demand for our choosen professions out there?

Many thanks

The Carter Family.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Suisho1978
Hi All,

We're considering making the move to Australia! We're currently in Northern Ireland. My husband is an I.T. Manager currently on £32,000 plus a company car. I'm at home with baby at the minute but I'm a qualifed teacher of English as a second language. I'd get between £25 to £40 per hours if I was working now. I also speak Japanese. What sort of salary could we expect in OZ and is there demand for our choosen professions out there?

Many thanks

The Carter Family.

Hello and Welcome to BE

Whare do you live in NI? We are in Newtownards. Just our skills assessment approval today so once I get home and show my husband the print out of it, we can give the agent the go ahead to send us out the TRA info. Long haul, but worth it in the end - my opinion anyway.........

Lynn
Old Jan 31st 2007, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Suisho1978 will become famous soon enoughSuisho1978 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Hello and Welcome to BE

Whare do you live in NI? We are in Newtownards. Just our skills assessment approval today so once I get home and show my husband the print out of it, we can give the agent the go ahead to send us out the TRA info. Long haul, but worth it in the end - my opinion anyway.........

Lynn
Hi Lynn,

We're in Lisburn. I grew up in Ballywalter, not too far from Ards. It's just a thought to move to OZ at moment but it would be good to chat to folks further along the line than we are.

Cheers
Chrystal
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 5:52 pm
gak
Forum Regular

gak is an unknown quantity at this point

Can any body please tell me the current wages for the accounting field (CIMA qualified) at Sidney / Perth.
Thanks all, in advance.
Anoop.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 5:55 pm
gak
Forum Regular

gak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. Have been searching for the prospects of a Web Designer (basic HTML, and some programming, Photoshop etc..) Anybody knows what the earning potential could be?
Appreciate your help,
Thank u,
Anoop.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 6:08 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daveroo
if all goes well we shall be heading to brisbane im a plumber/gas fitter.any ideas on the kind of salary i should be looking for.
heh were in same boat hubbie plumber gasfitter ten years were heading for goldcoast queensland yippee if i hear anhting on wages will keep you informed cheers if you do same
lesley
Old Feb 5th 2007, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sassenach
I think people in the uk have to realise that australia is like two differnt countrys ,East and West .West is best for all tradesman who are in the construction industry and mining ,although electricians and plumbers still have a hard time getting their qualification recognised anywher in aussie .
I am under the impression the IT industry isnt worth a toss anywhere in aussie and people are better off staying in europe if they want to stay in that industry .
Guess it is all relative really, IT generally pays less in OZ than in the UK (particularly London) but it is still relatively well paid compared to most jobs. I work as an IT Project Manager in Perth and here in my role you can expect to earn anywhere between 70-110 per hour as a contractor or probably up to $140k as a permie.....a lot less than in London but still a good wage. We have been hiring java programmers recently and they earn around $70-75 an hour, many of them are young guys in their mid 20s so it is a pretty good income for them.

Market is fairly limited in WA but a lot more roles available in Sydney and Melbourne.

Cheers

Paul
Old Feb 5th 2007, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Kelly C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paul and Chloe
Guess it is all relative really, IT generally pays less in OZ than in the UK (particularly London) but it is still relatively well paid compared to most jobs. I work as an IT Project Manager in Perth and here in my role you can expect to earn anywhere between 70-110 per hour as a contractor or probably up to $140k as a permie.....a lot less than in London but still a good wage. We have been hiring java programmers recently and they earn around $70-75 an hour, many of them are young guys in their mid 20s so it is a pretty good income for them.

Market is fairly limited in WA but a lot more roles available in Sydney and Melbourne.

Cheers

Paul
Hi Paul,

Who do you work for if you don't mind me asking? I have been looking on Cisco's website to see who the Gold certified partners are in Oz and there are more than i was expecting. I am travelling to Perth in March for a look around before we make the decision about where we definitley want to move to. As the hubby is an Air Con Engineer it is down to where i can get the best job as to where we move to. I am wondering if it will be worth me sending my CV's to a couple of companies before March to see if i can meet up with potential employers - do you think this is a good idea??

Kelly
Old Feb 5th 2007, 4:30 pm
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

any one know what the average wage for mechanics is in queensland?
thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.