Reload this Page >

Offered a place in ANU

Offered a place in ANU

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

aussiepr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Offered a place in ANU

Hi Folks,

I have been offered a place at ANU in Master of Computing(intending to specialize in Artificial intelligence). Although my search about ANU returned positive results/feedback, i would still like to know about ANU from some one with a first hand experience. Should i accept a offer from ANU or stick to University of Melbourne(also have offer from them). Although ANU is ranked higher but univ. of mel. seems to have a better interaction with industry(IT industry in Melbourne is many times bigger than in canberra)

What sort of reputation ANU enjoys in industry? Is there a need in the Australian market for someone with a post graduation/specialization?
I already have 6 yrs exp in software field with a bachelors in computer science.

Thanks
aussiepr
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Offered a place in ANU

Congrats on both offers.
Have you tried asking your questions in the IT part of the forum? may be better for you.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aussiepr
Hi Folks,

I have been offered a place at ANU in Master of Computing(intending to specialize in Artificial intelligence).
Well in that case you will be well qualified to converse in this forum, coz Real Intelligence is very lacking!!

TD
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Congrats on both offers.
Have you tried asking your questions in the IT part of the forum? may be better for you.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78
Thanks sallyclaire.. didnt knew there was a IT forum here..
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Toe Dipper
Well in that case you will be well qualified to converse in this forum, coz Real Intelligence is very lacking!!

TD
nice one
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I would go with the best university in your field and not just the 'best' uni
Old Aug 4th 2009, 5:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by seayork2002
Yeah by asking for first hand experience, that is what i wanted to know. Rankings in public domain are not giving a breakdown by the department. It is just a overall rank for the university as a whole.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 5:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

ask here http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/80
Old Aug 4th 2009, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ebo1608
Thanks.will do that
Old Aug 4th 2009, 11:34 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seayork2002
The university's overall reputation is an important consideration, but ANU and Melbourne are both quite good.