Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Offered job in Brisbane.couple of questions please

Offered job in Brisbane.couple of questions please

Old Jan 20th 2012, 10:29 am
Just Joined

Muckey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Offered job in Brisbane.couple of questions please

Hi my first post people and it's a great site.ive just had a telephone interview and being offered a job in Australia from a major company as a fitter.firstly they want me to travell on a whv for the first 3months and then if all works out the will apply for a permanet visa if not they will cover the costs of the flights.secondly as I'm looking to relocate I need to bring my partner and son and the only way they can come is on a visitor visa.i don't think they are officially aloud be anywhere near me.so is there anyway around this, I've emailed the company asking could they provide a subclass tempory 457 visa just waiting on a reply from them.but what if they say no they can't what are my options is there anyway around this all help would be greatly appreciated.thanks
Old Jan 20th 2012, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Offered job in Brisbane.couple of questions please

Originally Posted by Muckey
Hi my first post people and it's a great site.ive just had a telephone interview and being offered a job in Australia from a major company as a fitter.firstly they want me to travell on a whv for the first 3months and then if all works out the will apply for a permanet visa if not they will cover the costs of the flights.secondly as I'm looking to relocate I need to bring my partner and son and the only way they can come is on a visitor visa.i don't think they are officially aloud be anywhere near me.so is there anyway around this, I've emailed the company asking could they provide a subclass tempory 457 visa just waiting on a reply from them.but what if they say no they can't what are my options is there anyway around this all help would be greatly appreciated.thanks
You can't bring a dependent child with you on a WHV - it's as simple as that.

If they want you, they will at the very least provide you with the correct visa surely!?

I wouldn't move my whole life half way around the world for a holiday visa on the off chance they give you a more permanent position - especially not for just 3 months!!

I don't think I would work for a company like that.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

You must get them to apply for a 457 as a minimum. Its not expensive and can be done fairly easily and quickly.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Muckey is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I've just emailed them to ask that.as you's say if they want me they will offer the 457 visa.i no they where offeren tat after the 3months but just for the security alone like I'm walking out of a full time job hear and also I run my own garage in the evenings I'm giving up a lot.please god let them accept the 457
Old Jan 20th 2012, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muckey
Yes I've just emailed them to ask that.as you's say if they want me they will offer the 457 visa.i no they where offeren tat after the 3months but just for the security alone like I'm walking out of a full time job hear and also I run my own garage in the evenings I'm giving up a lot.please god let them accept the 457
If you want a permanent visa then you need to be looking into the ENS visa and you would need a skills assessment for that, have you had one done? There is also a more limited list of occupations for the ENS.

I agree with other people's advice. Don't go on a WHV and defintiely do not risk going on one and bringing your family. It would be extremely obvious the minute you did apply for a further visa with your family on that you have breached the terms of the WHV..