Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Offer on house after one week. OMG!!!!

Wikiposts

Offer on house after one week. OMG!!!!

Old Jul 12th 2006, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of
Default Re: Offer on house after one week. OMG!!!!

That was really quick. Good luck with the move.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Thank you. Don't know whether to answer the phone today- I'm a coward I know!!!!

Cheers.

Sandra

Originally Posted by TeresaG
That was really quick. Good luck with the move.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 8:17 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Sandra, that's amazing!!!! Is the offer much off what you wanted? Are you going to go back with a no and see what they come back with?

My gut feeling would be to take it. The Glasgow market is soooo slow right now. You apart, I've got 5 other friends who are trying to sell - Gartcosh, Stepps, City Centre, Bearsden and South Side - all are ahving a nightmare time even getting viewers. The one in Gartcosh has had 1 in 6 weeks and in Stepps, just 1 on 4 weeks.

What's your EA saying?

Just think, you could be in rented accom for a wee while and get to Oz quicker and this would avoid the girls having to go back to school and just be getting settled again after the hols and then moved a month or so down the tracks.

Gill
Old Jul 12th 2006, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Hi Gill,

I think the EA thinks I'm a complete nut job. We said we wanted a quick sale
and now I'm saying it's too soon. Think the enormity of it all is hitting home and I know what's to come. Coward I know. Jim has just phoned to say he has spoken to ea and they try to get another few k out of him and see what he says. He has come up 8k since Monday but he is desperate to get in for 14th August.

I'm a complete wreck. Rescue remedy overdose. Sod that the wine etc will be crashed tonight, will have to arrange a night for all the girls to help me drink it all.

Sandra
x

Originally Posted by herrchook
OMG Sandra, that's amazing!!!! Is the offer much off what you wanted? Are you going to go back with a no and see what they come back with?

My gut feeling would be to take it. The Glasgow market is soooo slow right now. You apart, I've got 5 other friends who are trying to sell - Gartcosh, Stepps, City Centre, Bearsden and South Side - all are ahving a nightmare time even getting viewers. The one in Gartcosh has had 1 in 6 weeks and in Stepps, just 1 on 4 weeks.

What's your EA saying?

Just think, you could be in rented accom for a wee while and get to Oz quicker and this would avoid the girls having to go back to school and just be getting settled again after the hols and then moved a month or so down the tracks.

Gill
Old Jul 12th 2006, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra and Jim
I thought waiting for visa was nerve wracking. We have had an offer on the house and an entry date of 14th August, FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure whether to accept it feel they are bullying us into taking it. Feel it's really quick and I feel so sick. We haven't got flights, packers organised or anything. I need to give my work one month notice aswell. Phoned Crown who can do it for then but no flights available until mid September. I remember there was a thread on here about Insurance prices who were cheaper than Crown, any advice would be great. Crown are 3.5% of value.

I am a nervous wreck and more neurotic than ever!!!

Good luck to all still waiting for visas, house sale etc.

Sandra
x

PS Karma to everyone!!!!!

What a dilemma to have! There are so many people with visas waiting for their house to sell. If I were you, if the offer is acceptable, then I would take it as it could take ages to get another buyer. We decided that we wouldn't ask too much for our house and got an offer 5k under the asking price but they were cash buyers so we accepted it.
I am sure everything will fall into place for you, and good luck with it all
Old Jul 13th 2006, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi guys,

Just an update. Man who offered was also offering on another house at same time and really wanted that one this one was just incase!!! Knew there was something about him.

Anyway thanks for all you advice and support. I'm sure we will get another seller might not be right away but never mind.

Cheers

Sandra
Old Jul 13th 2006, 8:29 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

Just an update. Man who offered was also offering on another house at same time and really wanted that one this one was just incase!!! Knew there was something about him.

Anyway thanks for all you advice and support. I'm sure we will get another seller might not be right away but never mind.

Cheers

Sandra

Guess it just shows you should follow your instincts Sandra. So it's stand down for a wee while then Hope the right person comes along soon.

Gill
Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers Gill. Will still arrange a night for all the girls for a p*** up when we do sell.

Sandra
x

Originally Posted by herrchook
Guess it just shows you should follow your instincts Sandra. So it's stand down for a wee while then Hope the right person comes along soon.

Gill
Old Jul 14th 2006, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

Cheers

Sandra
Sorry abt that Sandra. Chin up. Next one will be 15-20% above asking price.