Offer accpeted

Old May 7th 2004, 2:23 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Offer accpeted

I had to share my news as I am happy. We finally found a house we both loved last night and have had the offer accepted subject to finance.

We have applied for a mortgage with HSBC as they will lend while on probation. We should hear within the next week or so. Fingers crossed.

The only stipulation is we must keep 6months worth of mortgage payments in a term deposit account. Not a problem for us.

Now to go out and buy furniture.

Have a good weekend guys

Jo
Old May 7th 2004, 3:34 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Offer accpeted

Originally posted by joh117
I had to share my news as I am happy. We finally found a house we both loved last night and have had the offer accepted subject to finance.

We have applied for a mortgage with HSBC as they will lend while on probation. We should hear within the next week or so. Fingers crossed.

The only stipulation is we must keep 6months worth of mortgage payments in a term deposit account. Not a problem for us.

Now to go out and buy furniture.

Have a good weekend guys

Jo
Congratulations.

Whats the house like then ?

Old May 7th 2004, 3:39 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Offer accpeted

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Congratulations.

Whats the house like then ?
http://www.raywhite.com/cgi-bin/rsea...0&fmt=&header=

Theres the link

Jo
Old May 7th 2004, 4:15 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could find a house like that for that money! Nice kitchen and bathroom by the way
Old May 7th 2004, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations Jo, it looks fantastic, just what we are looking for too, although Somerville is a bit far away for us.

Regards
Old May 7th 2004, 5:01 am
Pass The Post

Originally posted by Jaykay
Congratulations Jo, it looks fantastic, just what we are looking for too, although Somerville is a bit far away for us.

Regards
Cheers

We have all our friends on the penninsula so hence why we bought down here. Seemed daft to buy nr the city to spend our weekends on the penninsula. It is only 30 mins from my work and 10 mins for hubby to drive to the station. He will be travelling alot with the job so I guess it doesn't matter where we live in relation to the city.

It is great value for the money. We got it for 269,000. So even better. Also just found out the HSBC is not charging us the fees etc... and will be giving us $200 cash back to use for the valuation. So all in all a good day. Hubby is stressed to the limit though as it has all been his hard work today as I am at work.

Think we will be drinking tonight to celebrate.

Anyone able to recommend where to go for appliances?

Will go to The good Guys and other ideas??? Will be paying cash

Jo
Old May 7th 2004, 5:02 am
Pass The Post

Originally posted by jayr
Wish I could find a house like that for that money! Nice kitchen and bathroom by the way
Thanks

It is great value for money and with space to add on if we want or put a pool in.
Old May 7th 2004, 7:39 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jo,
Hadnt seen this when I replied to your pm....house looks great, brilliant price too, congratulations

Michaela
Old May 7th 2004, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

It is great value for money and with space to add on if we want or put a pool in.
Well done- lovely looking house. Somerville very nice-(I had a quick look at it last year when I stayed in Dromana.) close to all the vineyards, strawberry farms, veg fruit farm shop, shopping in Mornington I have a few friends down there on the Pennisular too.
How long does it take for the paperwork to go through for you to move in?
Old May 7th 2004, 8:03 am
ABCDiamond

Anyone able to recommend where to go for appliances?

Will go to The good Guys and other ideas??? Will be paying cash

Jo
Make sure you push them to the limit for a GOOD cash price !

Good Guys are very negotiable

Old May 7th 2004, 8:57 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Hey that looks a lovely house. Well done. The garden looks a lovely lush green!!

Hope everything goes through ok with it!
Old May 7th 2004, 9:28 pm
Pass The Post

Originally posted by janeyray
Hey that looks a lovely house. Well done. The garden looks a lovely lush green!!

Hope everything goes through ok with it!

Yeah we were suprised how green the garden was as most round here are dead looking due to the drought we thought maybe we had bore water but the agent said not. However we have had a couple of weeks of rain now so maybe it recovered quickly

Cheers

Jo
Old May 11th 2004, 9:44 am
Pass The Post

Well we have had our home loan conditionally accepted with the HSBC.

Our situation

I have been working 2 weeks my husband 2 days.

The conditions are we must provide a payslip each. I get mine friday and my husband gets his next thursday.

We must put $9,200 into an account for 6 months this equates to 6 months home loan payments. It will earn interest and we have this money already in a term deposit account with the HSBC.

That the house is worth the price when valued.

The offer was accepted on friday lunchtime and the homeloan paperwork arrived with the HSBC monday morning by tuesday afternoon we have a conditional acceptance. How quick is that?? It is a refreshing change to the process we became accustomed to in the UK.

Things are looking good

Jo
Old May 11th 2004, 9:59 am
ABCDiamond

Well we have had our home loan conditionally accepted with the HSBC.
It's nice to hear a good result

Old May 11th 2004, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

mrttennis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how negotiable?

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Make sure you push them to the limit for a GOOD cash price !

Good Guys are very negotiable
Was in Good Guys a couple of weeks ago - they said 10-15% off for cash. Would asking for 20% take the biscuit??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.