Reload this Page >

Off to Sydney 2008?

Off to Sydney 2008?

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Weste is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Off to Sydney 2008?

We're due to move to Sydney at the end of the month,

who else is off to sydney this year? (inspired by the adelaide thread )
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Kolothuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Off to Sydney 2008?

We're off in April, providing my visa gets approved this month .
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

brian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the rough

Good luck in your move, We are just waiting for the medical clearance and then OH has to give his 3 month notice ( hopefully they will allow him to go earlier ) and we will be of to Sydney.....Are you going out with work, and have you an area you will be moving to..
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by brian and wendy
Good luck in your move, We are just waiting for the medical clearance and then OH has to give his 3 month notice ( hopefully they will allow him to go earlier ) and we will be of to Sydney.....Are you going out with work, and have you an area you will be moving to..
thanks, we're moving with dh's work. he's working in CBD so we're looking for something commutable

we've been looking at all sorts of areas ... north ryde, forestville, hills etc but will have a good look when we arrive.

We have 2 kids so priorities are- lots to do in local area and good schools

what about u?
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

brian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the rough

We are moving as hubby has a job with a railway company in Sydney, There are no children involved for us, and the company are giving us a months accommadation to start with, so then i will be looking to find somewhere for us to live, thinking of renting as keeping house in UK ( Derby) and renting it out.... Why Australia for you
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 5:19 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

We are moving as hubby has a job with a railway company in Sydney, There are no children involved for us, and the company are giving us a months accommadation to start with, so then i will be looking to find somewhere for us to live, thinking of renting as keeping house in UK ( Derby) and renting it out.... Why Australia for you
Is that Railcorp by any chance???

We are flying out on 25th March, stopping in Singapore for a couple of days then arriving in Sydney the 29th. I start work on the 1st April. Will be in the CBD and then North Sydney, have serviced accom for a month while we look ourselves. Like Collaroy and Manly/Balgowlah areas but not discounting other North Shore areas more harbour/river side. We have a 3 yr old son so will have that to take into consideration when deciding where we live.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Biddle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We are off to Sydney 8th April with 137 visa. We dont have jobs but are hopeful - Im a manager in recruitment and OH is In IT. We hope to live Eastern suburbs with our 4 children!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

sounds good, you're v organised! our flights aren't even booked yet!
we're making the move as we lived in melbourne for a year before and dh has always wanted to go back. an opportunity came up in the sydney office of his company so we're off!

i'm v nervous as last time we went the kids were little so I was busy, this time tho they're both in school so will need to find a job as soon as we're settled. u looking forward to the move?
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

No Leightons, They are saying that there are spending a lot of money in Sydney doing the railway up, so think hubby will be very busy for quite a while... Have you told all your family and friends the news yet....
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:21 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

No Leightons, They are saying that there are spending a lot of money in Sydney doing the railway up, so think hubby will be very busy for quite a while... Have you told all your family and friends the news yet....
Yes, all very excited for us! We have ours Meds tomorrow in London. Removals is booked for 15th March. Planning planning planning!!!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:46 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going back to Oz this year OH is already there living in Cronulla which is South Sydney a commute by train of 45 mins to an hour to the CBD.

We lived in the East suburb of Edgecliff for a while but moved out to a bigger place in Cronulla.

Good luck to all of you going to Sydney.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:51 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Yea - they're making considerable changes to the rail network here - adding new links, upgrading track etc. Now if they'd only electrify the line between Kiama and Nowra, I'd be a happy camper - but that's about as likely as Paris Hilton taking a vow of silence.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

I'm planning to ask for unpaid leave from my job for about eight months and go out in Sept/Oct and see what kind of job I can get there.

I want to see one more spring / summer in England, then spend the spring / summer in Sydney, then return to UK for Ashes 2009 then back to Sydney again this time for good in Sept 09. If my planning is up to scratch (unlikely knowing me) my first winter will then be 2010.

I'm either going to live close to my brother in Picnic Point or turf my tenants out of my unit and move back to Surry Hills.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

We leave the UK May 10th, havent booked flights yet but will probably go via Singapore and stay one night there. Havent decided where to live yet, though got a few ideas. I will be working for a mining / mineral exploration company working in the bush for two weeks followed by a week off. Wife isnt sure what she will do yet
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:50 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Me If the transfer application ever gets completed...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.