Reload this Page >

Off to Queensland

Wikiposts

Off to Queensland

Old Oct 9th 2003, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

iaquia is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Off to Queensland

Well we have finally made up our minds where we are going in all we think it should take 2 years to sort out debts and save enough to go.
Is anyone else heading for Queensland or already there it's a part of Australia that i have never been to
Old Oct 9th 2003, 10:41 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off to Queensland

Originally posted by iaquia
Well we have finally made up our minds where we are going in all we think it should take 2 years to sort out debts and save enough to go.
Is anyone else heading for Queensland or already there it's a part of Australia that i have never been to
At the mo there seems to be loads of us heading for Queensland in the very near future. We visited at the end of last year and thought it was wonderful, but then we live in Grimsby and there's no where Grimmer except maybe Hull!!!!!!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

We've decided on Brisbane, should get visa early next year, never been though (going to have to validate visa next year so hoping to visit cousin in Melbourne and get some time in Qland while we're there)

What part of wirral? I'm in Tranmere.

Do a search on Queensland / Brisbane, loads of people are heading that way.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

iaquia is an unknown quantity at this point

We are from New Ferry.
I was born in Darwin and my sister lives in rock ferry she is going to perth next month
Old Oct 10th 2003, 12:27 am
Feathered Member

Budgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant future

Good choice iaquia. I think QLD is the best state (but then my wife is from there so I am biased!). I've been there several times now, and the best areas are from Brisbane north along the Sunshine Coast and beyond. It's less built up than the NSW coastline (and cheaper). The weather is generally better (but quite a bit hotter than NSW). The further north you go, the less developed and more unspoilt it gets along the coastline. Unfortunately that seems to be rapidly changing, as I'd imagine NSW residents are moving north tempted by cheaper prices and more space, and house prices have gone up a lot recently.

I'll be heading there in early January 2004.... havn't decided on an actual location in QLD yet, but as long as it's on the ocean and I have a boat, I don't care!

Hope you make it and good luck!
Old Oct 10th 2003, 1:29 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Budgie
Good choice iaquia. I think QLD is the best state (but then my wife is from there so I am biased!). I've been there several times now, and the best areas are from Brisbane north along the Sunshine Coast and beyond. It's less built up than the NSW coastline (and cheaper). The weather is generally better (but quite a bit hotter than NSW). The further north you go, the less developed and more unspoilt it gets along the coastline. Unfortunately that seems to be rapidly changing, as I'd imagine NSW residents are moving north tempted by cheaper prices and more space, and house prices have gone up a lot recently.

I'll be heading there in early January 2004.... havn't decided on an actual location in QLD yet, but as long as it's on the ocean and I have a boat, I don't care!

Hope you make it and good luck!
Hi Budgie,

We're heading out on 3rd January. When are you going? We haven't decided where to live either, although Bellgowrie's looking good just now.

Jane
Old Oct 10th 2003, 1:34 am
Feathered Member

Budgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by JaneandJim
Hi Budgie,

We're heading out on 3rd January. When are you going? We haven't decided where to live either, although Bellgowrie's looking good just now.

Jane
Hi Jane,

Either the 3rd or 4th - I must hurry up and book it! The first place we'll live is at Maroochydore with relations, until we decide on an area. I don't know Bellgowries - where is it, and what's it like?
Old Oct 10th 2003, 1:48 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Budgie,

Singapore Airlines were cheapest when I booked. One way was about £500.

Bellbowries just west of Brisbane. You get more for your money out there and its commutable. We won't know for sure what its like until we get there. We're in a hotel for the first couple of weeks so hopefully we'll find somewhere fairly soon, or at least by the start of school term.

Jane
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:58 am
Feathered Member

Originally posted by JaneandJim
Hi Budgie,

Singapore Airlines were cheapest when I booked. One way was about £500.

Bellbowries just west of Brisbane. You get more for your money out there and its commutable. We won't know for sure what its like until we get there. We're in a hotel for the first couple of weeks so hopefully we'll find somewhere fairly soon, or at least by the start of school term.

Jane
Hope all goes well.

I got a quote of just over 500 from Emirates, but you have to stop in Dubai. Do you have to stop anywhere with Singapore Airlines? (Other than Singapore of course!).
Old Oct 10th 2003, 3:55 am
Born to be ignored

Hi Budgie,

Nope, just a 3.5 hour stop in changeover in Singapore. Total flight time 23 hours. Plus, a big advantage, the flight gets in at 8:15 at night, so you can just fall into bed when you get to your accomodation. This really helps with the jetlag.

Jane
Old Oct 10th 2003, 4:35 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

I wish I was going
somewher warm and nice.

Oh hm, back to Birmingham

Markey
Old Oct 10th 2003, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We are heading that way on the 5th of Jan!! We booked through Travelmood and are flying via the States with 2 stopovers for £530.

It is a great place to move to Mooloolabah and surrounds have a lot to offer, though with price increases you may have to head a bit further North if you want real bargains.

See you there!
Old Oct 10th 2003, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

We went and loved it, arriving the 26.02.04 to the Sunshine coast it is beautiful.

We will have a big meet up once we all ge there.

XX
Old Oct 10th 2003, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Iaquia,

We went to Brisbane in April and everything we saw confirmed that this was the city and the country that we wanted to settle in for the rest of our lives.

Billabong