Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Off to Perth today!

Off to Perth today!

Old Feb 9th 2003, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Garland is on a distinguished road
Default Off to Perth today!

Between receiving our visa's in December and leaving to go to Perth and validate them today..we found this forum!!!
It certainly has taken the shine off the experience from time to time but also I think has given us a much more balanced idea about emigrating! It will be great to go to Perth now and really look at it as others have!..though I'm sure we will love it no less than the other times we have been there.
Can't wait to open a bottle of Mad Fish and enjoy the sunshine!!
Old Feb 9th 2003, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

goodluck and enjoy

oh and don't forget to report back!

cheers

richard
Old Feb 9th 2003, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Emme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Off to Perth today!

Good luck in Perth - am emigrating out there with my partner in July after a long 20 months waiting for visa!

The sun is calling....all the best but am hot on your heels!

Emme
Old Feb 9th 2003, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

hollywood110 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Garland
Between receiving our visa's in December and leaving to go to Perth and validate them today..we found this forum!!!
It certainly has taken the shine off the experience from time to time but also I think has given us a much more balanced idea about emigrating! It will be great to go to Perth now and really look at it as others have!..though I'm sure we will love it no less than the other times we have been there.
We are off in 9 days for good, keep the wine cool and the barbie hot!!!

Looking forward to meeting you in the sunshine.

Love Sharon,Trevor,Lauren,Charlie and Harry x
Old Feb 9th 2003, 8:59 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Good luck to all you lucky people who are on your way - can't wait!
Old Feb 9th 2003, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Good luck have a great time x
Old Feb 9th 2003, 11:30 am
Just Joined

SammyReebok is an unknown quantity at this point

We arrived 10 days ago. This is a wonderful place, I'm sure you will love it. Good luck
Old Feb 9th 2003, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Matt & Jo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Good luck, we are off to Perth in 10 days for good.

Have a fab time and hopefully we can all meet when we all eventually get there.

Take care.

Love Jo, Matt and Jemma x
Old Feb 9th 2003, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Matt & Jo,

Doesn't time pass quickly. Hope you are ready and organised. If not then Panic!!!

We're sending off references and so on tomorrow, so we should be on the final stretch at last. I'm kicking myself because it's something I could have sent with the application and we'd have it granted by now. Anyway we're nearly there then it's decision time on a date for going.

Have a great trip and hope you settle in
Cheers
Mash...
Originally posted by Matt & Jo
Hi,

Good luck, we are off to Perth in 10 days for good.

Have a fab time and hopefully we can all meet when we all eventually get there.

Take care.

Love Jo, Matt and Jemma x

Last edited by mashiraz; Feb 9th 2003 at 7:59 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2003, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Best of luck with your move.
We want to know if you love it or hate it out there.
Please report back to us sad individuals who use this site for a quick 'fix'- any info will keep us all going....

congrats
Old Feb 10th 2003, 6:38 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Garland
You sound a bit too normal but theres got to be few its the law of averages not everyone on this site sleep walks to Australia.
Make the most of your stay apart from housing look at jobs pay and talk to local people not only friends who are out to impress .
Hope its not too hot right now its around late 30s but it may cool down with luck though Feb is a pig of a month for heat , any way good luck.

Old Feb 10th 2003, 5:04 pm
plumber39

I did hear right he did say GOODLUCK ?

Old Feb 10th 2003, 11:51 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by plumber39
I did hear right he did say GOODLUCK ?
Yes and why not its the Lucky Country , in most cases lucky you are not here.

Old Feb 11th 2003, 12:34 am
Just Joined

Perthguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Yes and why not its the Lucky Country , in most cases lucky you are not here.

No, you mean ....we will be lucky when your not here!!!
Old Feb 11th 2003, 12:42 am
Banned

Originally posted by Perthguy
No, you mean ....we will be lucky when your not here!!!
Now be fair I must brighten up your dull day in Perth or why else reply , most of our friends are trying to talk us out of going back the question begs why , as my wife says done Perth 9 times over time to start living again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.