Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Off to the citizenship test...How about you?!

Off to the citizenship test...How about you?!

Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Off to the citizenship test...How about you?!

Hi all,
We're off to the test in the next couple of weeks and to be honest have yet to get a chance to go through "the book"...any experience to share ? or perhaps any advice ?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:22 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off to the citizenship test...How about you?!

You could probably pass the test without reading the book....many of the questions are common sense, or very obvious. However you should read over the book a couple of times as it's an intersting read and you will probably learn a few things. The pass rate for British applicants is over 99%, so don't worry too much!
Old Oct 5th 2008, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Try Aussietest.com, register and take the mock test, over and over again

good luck
Jacqui
Old Oct 6th 2008, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jacqui,
This sounds good, but I am getting just one set of questions (inc. 20 Qs). Is there any way to get more (for free of course!!!) ?

Cheers,

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Try Aussietest.com, register and take the mock test, over and over again

good luck
Jacqui
Old Oct 6th 2008, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

keithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant future

I DISAGREE WITH NOT READING THE BOOK. MY ADVICE TO YOU IS TO READ THE BOOK,MY HUBBIE HAD A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT ABORIGINALS,AND THATS DEFINATELY NOT `COMMON SENSE`.
Originally Posted by bcworld
You could probably pass the test without reading the book....many of the questions are common sense, or very obvious. However you should read over the book a couple of times as it's an intersting read and you will probably learn a few things. The pass rate for British applicants is over 99%, so don't worry too much!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:02 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Barbitana
Hi all,
We're off to the test in the next couple of weeks and to be honest have yet to get a chance to go through "the book"...any experience to share ? or perhaps any advice ?

Thanks!

Cheers,
It's a MUST to read the book. I wouldn't have passed the test without it.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Each to there own!!!!!!!Hubby had a go at the test online a few times, I read the book and did the test we both passed. I know of others who did nothing and passed.

Jacqui
Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:28 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
It's a MUST to read the book. I wouldn't have passed the test without it.
what book ?
tried the online test several times ( thanks to moneypenny`s link ) and consisitantly score 90%
like some one else said most of its common sense
Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
what book ?
tried the online test several times ( thanks to moneypenny`s link ) and consisitantly score 90%
like some one else said most of its common sense

This one http://www.citizenship.gov.au/test/p...ng/index.htm#b

Another site to practise on here: http://www.cititest.com/australian-citizenship-test
Old Oct 6th 2008, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

hgld is an unknown quantity at this point

It's worth noting that the questions which trip most people up are the mandatory questions on "Australian Values". This is covered in the first chapter of the book.

You'll get three of these questions in your test and if you get any of them wrong then it's an automatic fail.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:54 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Both hubby and I read the book and passed. Glad I read it mind you.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 7th 2008, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Cool Re: Off to the citizenship test...How about you?!

Update!
Just bought a sample tests book, sounds good and very well designed for busy people like me with just 30 mins free time (on Sydney trains) to prepare for the test!

I was not really the one to read through all the pages of "the book" !!! :curse:

Cheers,
Thanks for all the comments!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

bbqsauce is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there! I just did mine, i failed 1st time, luckily they let me do it again straight afterwards and i passed, remember you need to be a citizen to be in the police force! To be honest i didn't 'study' just glanced at the booklet and hoped common sense would get me through
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

hehehe!! how could you retake it ?! perhaps would need you to give them ring just after my first attempt!!!

Cheers,
K.

Originally Posted by bbqsauce
Hey there! I just did mine, i failed 1st time, luckily they let me do it again straight afterwards and i passed, remember you need to be a citizen to be in the police force! To be honest i didn't 'study' just glanced at the booklet and hoped common sense would get me through
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

Wife & I just took the test a few weeks ago and both passed with flying colours... We used http://www.cititest.com/australian-citizenship-test Great value when it only cost $20 to join and they offer a full money back guarantee if you send a picture of yourself at the pledge ceremony!

My advice is read the book, do the mock tests and pass first time – why bother taking any risks of failing???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.