Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

occupations in demand???

occupations in demand???

Old May 7th 2007, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Gina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question occupations in demand???

Hi my OH is a sales executive in Industrial sales, we are looking to go out to Australia in April next year, and are about to embark on a job search in order for us to achieve sponsorship... (457 visa).
His job is on the skills shortage list. I have been trawling the internet to try and find out the areas in Australia where this type of job is most in demand, because obviously we will have to tailor our search to the place where there is the most work!!!
I have come up with nothing and was wandering if there is anyone out there who could point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks in advance
Old May 7th 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: occupations in demand???

Originally Posted by Gina123
Hi my OH is a sales executive in Industrial sales, we are looking to go out to Australia in April next year, and are about to embark on a job search in order for us to achieve sponsorship... (457 visa).
His job is on the skills shortage list. I have been trawling the internet to try and find out the areas in Australia where this type of job is most in demand, because obviously we will have to tailor our search to the place where there is the most work!!!
I have come up with nothing and was wandering if there is anyone out there who could point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks in advance
Hi there
Have you had a look on www.immi.gov.au
It also might be useful (If you have not done so already) to contact an agent.
Good luck
Old May 7th 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hello again, I notice that you are from Pontefract. We are having a meet at the Cornmill on Saturday 12th May at 4pm if you are interested, have a look in the meet-ups forum.
Old May 7th 2007, 10:03 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Many Thanks in advance
Try www.iscah.com (Perth)

Very good and helpful.

Neil.
Old May 7th 2007, 10:34 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Many Thanks in advance
You can take a look at www.seek.com.au or www.careerone.com.au to see where these jobs might be listed. However, if his job is on the SOL, then why would you apply for a temp visa? See if you are eligible for a skilled independant right from the start so you are not tied to any one employer. You are also not entitled to some very important benefits on a temp visa. Check out the DIAC website as well for your visa options.
Old May 9th 2007, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Gina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all for your replies..

- Would be interested in the meet up at Corn mill will check our diaries and get in touch!! many thanks

- Cant apply for permanent independant visa as migration expert has advised us due to fact OH has not got a degree qualification his Skill (industrial sales rep) would not be able to get the points.

Will check out those web sites

Thanks for replies
Old May 9th 2007, 12:27 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

What sort of products does your OH sell Gina?

Just thinking it may narrow down the search, for example construction sales very popular in Queensland (which is where were heading) and I am sure Perth is good for that too.
Old May 9th 2007, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all for your replies..

- Would be interested in the meet up at Corn mill will check our diaries and get in touch!! many thanks

- Cant apply for permanent independant visa as migration expert has advised us due to fact OH has not got a degree qualification his Skill (industrial sales rep) would not be able to get the points.

Will check out those web sites

Thanks for replies
The Corn Mill, that was a great pub, went there many times. Is it still as nice?

By the way the "shortage skills list" can be aload of B******s. Take for instance, hairdressers---wanted as the pay is so bad. Thats why there is a shortage, no-one wants to do it. And don't get me started on Tradies...red tape says it all.

Good luck though.
Old May 9th 2007, 5:07 pm

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

Whatever company your OH is with now see if there are any other companies who do the same thing in the UK who operate globally.

My OH has been successful doing it this way. Just a thought..... ?

C
Old May 9th 2007, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks that is a good idea, will have a look at the other companies and see if they operate globally - many thanks on with it now!!!!

Corn Mill has changed alot went in for a drink a few months ago and it still looks the same and all that, but you dont get the massive crowds and the flash cars on a friday summer evening any more !!!! It seemed much more food orientated when I went in!!

My OH has been in industrial cleaning products like kerosine sales, and materials handling (ie fork lift trucks)
In Queensland, Townsville and Mackay seem to advertise alot of similar jobs that would suit him. And there seems to be loads of jobs in melbourne and surrounding areas.

Thanks for all your feedback and ideas, Im on to it now will keep you all updated, any other ideas greatly appreciated !!!!