Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Observations from our reccie.....

Observations from our reccie.....

Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

hippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nice
Default Re: Observations from our reccie.....

Originally Posted by vanessandave
Hi Becky, for me the main difference between them is that the Sunshine Coast is currently less developed, its made up of lots of smaller communities, each with their own centre, whereas the Gold Coast also has lots of seperate 'towns' but they virtually roll into one. But thats not to say the Gold Coast is one big metropolis, because its not, it also has lots of beautiful greenery, scenery and coastline. The Gold Coast is also closer to Brisbane which is a bonus for us, and we are more likely to get work there (Vanessa is a Vet, and I'm a mortgage adviser). We are in our early 30's and I would say the average age of the people in the Sunshine Coast is probably older than the GC, and the pace of life seemed to be a bit slower there.

At the end of the day, they are both beautiful, we just got a better vibe about the GC.

Have a great time in June!!
Eating out might be more expensive in the Gold Coast-here in Sydney it certainly isnt-great local Indian restuarant with main courses from 2.50 pounds.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

stu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to all
Default Re: Observations from our reccie.....

Originally Posted by TheDaddy
If you dont mind me asking, how much was the holiday? Me and my girlfriend want to go on a reccie, but to start off on the gold coast, go down to melbourne then across to perth and home. Im working like a trooper at the moment to save for it, but im wondering... how much should i save for accomodation, flights, inbound flights, food and car hire?

but yeh, great post, very insightful
hi there i would recommend you take a look at tiger airways website for your internal flights especially if you can book them well in advance very reasonable no frills company

hope this helps stu