o my god!!

Old Jul 15th 2006, 9:02 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice
Default o my god!!

Its getting crazy in my house decided that we will bring shippers in on the 18th Aug.Husband is power washing all the things today everything is rolling so fast my thoughts are are we doing the right thing , people keep asking whens your leaving do which brings me back to O MY GOD I'm going for good.Anyone else feel the same ? or is it just me being silly wanting to cry every hour when i think about what we are about to do ,dont get me wrong i am really looking forward to going but i have so many mixed emotions at the moment

lisa
Old Jul 15th 2006, 9:10 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: o my god!!

Originally Posted by frogboy
Its getting crazy in my house decided that we will bring shippers in on the 18th Aug.Husband is power washing all the things today everything is rolling so fast my thoughts are are we doing the right thing , people keep asking whens your leaving do which brings me back to O MY GOD I'm going for good.Anyone else feel the same ? or is it just me being silly wanting to cry every hour when i think about what we are about to do ,dont get me wrong i am really looking forward to going but i have so many mixed emotions at the moment

lisa
Lisa we have all been through it and you are just entering the windup stage - where the car on the roller coaster is being winched up the long long hill before the first long drop. (this being the moment you get on the plane - you feel exhilirated to be finally off but at the same time its bloody scary )

You can see all the ups and downs ahead - but you can also hear us all cheering and egging you on.

Sit back and enjoy the ride and just remember we are all on here to guide and advise as best we can. May all your ups and downs be in bed

Kiwi
Old Jul 15th 2006, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Silky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of light

We're going through exactly the same at the mo, shippers booked for 14/15th August and it's a real rollercoaster of emotions!

Best wishes,

Sara
Old Jul 15th 2006, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

lisa

I would think it quite normal to be emotional at this stage. After all you are leaving your comfort zone and entering into the unknown willingly. It is so hard to imagine what your life is going to be like. I can remember the feeling that I had no idea what the future held but in a way that was a feeling of freedom, but I do remember waking up one day and thinking "what have I done", but it is all worth it in my opinion and I am sure you will be fine too.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

No your definetly not alone!!
We're packing our container ourselves and the house is gradually filling up with empty boxes, plus we are organising not one but about 5 different leaving do's!!
Add that to the fear of the unknown, worrying will the kids be alright, and I'm generally crapping myself!!!
We'll all get there in the end though , and one day all this stress will be a dim and distant memory.
Keep your chin up
Old Jul 15th 2006, 10:20 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppett44
worrying will the kids be alright, and I'm generally crapping myself!!!
Message from the wife (Mrs Bear) kids will be fine its wonderland for them here in Melbourne Our daughter is so happy she has a constant smile and sleeps so soundly from her long days playing outside (and yes it is winter) that she is now the biggest snorer in the household.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

But my "kids" are 17 and 15
Old Jul 15th 2006, 10:34 am
Melbourne Australia

Originally Posted by Poppett44
But my "kids" are 17 and 15
Then they should be looking after you
Old Jul 15th 2006, 10:38 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

when the shippers have been were moving in the THE MOTHER IN LAWS!! which I'm not looking forward to after having your own place for so long then moving in to some ones Else house is going to be hard but we plan on flying out 1st Oct so i no its not that long.The kids are looking forward apart from my daughter is moving to high school in sept so she will only be there for a few weeks my son is different he will be in year 1 .Thanks everyone Glad to see were not on our own just have to wait and see if everything works out fine I'm sure it will

lisax
Old Jul 15th 2006, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

angipipsqueak is a jewel in the roughangipipsqueak is a jewel in the roughangipipsqueak is a jewel in the roughangipipsqueak is a jewel in the rough

lisa
I don't envy you moving in with your mother in law even for a short while, it'll be hard when you have had your own space, but at least you know that its for a good reason for the better life that awaits you in oz. It is perfectly normal to want to cry, your emotions will be all over the place. At the minute were at the stage where we have the visa, but need to sell the house (the house thats not even on the market yet) I keep delaying it thinking i'm not doing the right thing by moving to oz. I have the added stress of my husband who has decided that he now wants to sell the house, and go on a long holiday touring Great Britain before we go. Sounds great are hear you say, it would be apart from he wants to convert his van into a camperbus to do it. I'm not so sure its a good idea, i just want to get on the plane to oz.

Good luck with your move and your new life in oz
Old Jul 15th 2006, 1:38 pm
Dreams can come true :)

Babycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Poppett44]No your definetly not alone!!
We're packing our container ourselves

Going off the subject for a minute... which company are you going with that will let you pack your own container?
Old Jul 15th 2006, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=thebears]Lisa we have all been through it and you are just entering the windup stage - where the car on the roller coaster is being winched up the long long hill before the first long drop.

Kiwi - what a great analagy !
Old Jul 15th 2006, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

My DH works for a company that ships plastic all over the world , so we are getting a container at a reduced price but we have to pack it ourselves
Old Jul 16th 2006, 1:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Same thing. I went to the travel agent to book tickets yesterday and sat there when the time came to pay thinking to myself "if I don't hit the OK key on the key pad, then it won't be paid for and I am not committed to this". Well, needless to say, I hit the key and tickets are paid for. Now it's all becoming so real, isn't it? Before it was a lot of waiting till the visa came, which in itself was nerve wracking, but there was always that little voice in my mind saying we may be declined and not go after all. Now with the house sold, shippers booked for 4 Aug and tickets bought for 11 Aug it's all become a reality. Now I'm researching the type of aircraft we'll be flying on! How pathetic is that!!! Well, I don't like to fly and the thought of a 777 scares the life out of me.
Oh, well, it will all work out in the end, right?
Old Jul 16th 2006, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Jempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to all

lisa
Aly and I are in the same boat, we are self packing our container which arrives in 11 days. Tally our dog flys out a week Tuesday, then we go two weeks Wednesday.
we are living in box city, we both are scared exited, sad happy,
our leaving do was last Friday, which went well.
But there's still the final good byes, which I'm sure will be hard.
we have secured a rental in deception bay Brisbane, which has a pool but no fridge.
Its been a bloody long road, and now I just want to start our new life

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.