Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

O.M.G Huntsman in my drinking glass!!!!!

O.M.G Huntsman in my drinking glass!!!!!

Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute
Default O.M.G Huntsman in my drinking glass!!!!!

Just woke up this morning with the shock of my life. :scared:

The story goes like this: I went to bed last night and I always take a drink to bed as I have to take tablets before I go to bed. I left this drink at the side of the bed and at about 6 am I got up and swiped my hand down to pick up the glass and in...yes! in my glass was the biggest mother f***er of a huntsman having a little sip of my drink. :scared:

To say I was a tad surprised was an understatement, this was a big boy and half of his body was at the bottom of the glass and most of his hairy legs were hanging over the edge.

I was soooooo pleased that I did not reach down in the night in the dark without looking and bring the glass up to have a sip because I would have had to change me pants with shock.

What is worrying though is we have never ever in 2 1/2 years had any spiders in this house and I regularly Baygone the whole of the outside of the house and have reasoned that that is why we have never been invaded.

Still, it woke me up pretty quick and the other half is a little perturbed. lol
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: O.M.G Huntsman in my drinking glass!!!!!

Reading this really made me laugh.I will certaintly think twice once I am out in OZ about taking a sip of water in the middle of the night.Talk about cacking yourself.!
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

deanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster

The story goes like this: I went to bed last night and I always take a drink to bed as I have to take tablets before I go to bed. I left this drink at the side of the bed and at about 6 am I got up and swiped my hand down to pick up the glass and in...yes! in my glass was the biggest mother f***er of a huntsman having a little sip of my drink. :scared:

To say I was a tad surprised was an understatement, this was a big boy and half of his body was at the bottom of the glass and most of his hairy legs were hanging over the edge.

I was soooooo pleased that I did not reach down in the night in the dark without looking and bring the glass up to have a sip because I would have had to change me pants with shock.

What is worrying though is we have never ever in 2 1/2 years had any spiders in this house and I regularly Baygone the whole of the outside of the house and have reasoned that that is why we have never been invaded.

OMG :scared: DID YOU LOB THE GLASS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM CUS I WOULD AV.Tracey x
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:28 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Just woke up this morning with the shock of my life.

The story goes like this: I went to bed last night and I always take a drink to bed as I have to take tablets before I go to bed. I left this drink at the side of the bed and at about 6 am I got up and swiped my hand down to pick up the glass and in...yes! in my glass was the biggest mother f***er of a huntsman having a little sip of my drink.

holy crap! holy crap!:scared: :scared:
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:30 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind that... its the tiny wet footprints across your face you want to be scared about ;-)
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:31 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I take a bottle of water with me for that reason lol
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

margoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by biggy
I take a bottle of water with me for that reason lol
lol. I take a bottle too. The same thing happened to my partner a few weeks ago, but in his waterglass was a monstrous cockroach. Unfortunately he actually took a sip of his water in the dark and had it running over his face...
We have a mosquito net now. And two waterbottles inside(!)... just in case

Last edited by margoo; Feb 15th 2006 at 8:42 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:42 pm
Warrington Cheshire

Need 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really nice

:scared: SPALEN - too much information aaaaahhhhhhhaaaaah
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deanmhunt
OMG :scared: DID YOU LOB THE GLASS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM CUS I WOULD AV.Tracey x

Well I am not going to be all macho and say I calmly picked it up and popped the chappie outside . Rather, I reeled back in horror and then looked at my sleeping o/h who was oblivious to the whole thing. I had to wake her just for the look of shock on her face as why should I not share such joys of nature with her.

What I did was slowly move the glass to the door at arms length and gently encouraged this "monsters hairy legs" into the glass and cap it off with a coaster and then throw him in the bushes.

I am sure the bugger gave me the middle finger when he ran off.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:53 pm
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

back into therapy.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 9:11 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mctree
back into therapy.
Why oh why oh why do I read any thread with 'huntsman' in it

My cackometer is off the scale!!!!!

D D
Old Feb 15th 2006, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

God, I'm reading this eating my breakfast and feeling very ill now. I hate spiders, I'm just learning to cope with them but I think that would finish me off. Take a bottle in future :scared: :scared:
Old Feb 15th 2006, 9:26 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I am not going to be all macho and say I calmly picked it up and popped the chappie outside . Rather, I reeled back in horror and then looked at my sleeping o/h who was oblivious to the whole thing. I had to wake her just for the look of shock on her face as why should I not share such joys of nature with her.

What I did was slowly move the glass to the door at arms length and gently encouraged this "monsters hairy legs" into the glass and cap it off with a coaster and then throw him in the bushes.

I am sure the bugger gave me the middle finger when he ran off.

could u read its lips....did it say '***** Off ya Bass' too
Old Feb 15th 2006, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by biggy
could u read its lips....did it say '***** Off ya Bass' too

Old Feb 15th 2006, 9:32 pm
Scottish and a Mum

Scottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant future

OMG OMG OMG OMG :scared:

Now someone help me out here, I can understand how the teensy weensy incy spiders get in your house, but how do these big MASSIVE buggers manage to get?

I'm afraid I would just have had a heart attack on the spot, how am I gonna cope with these.

How do your kids cope, just out of interest?

C xxx

Karma sent for being such a big brave soldier!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.