Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

O levels (or whatever they are called now!!)

O levels (or whatever they are called now!!)

Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:49 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default O levels (or whatever they are called now!!)

just wanted to wish any soon to be expats good luck with their exam results, which i believe come out today!

in my day ( ) they were o levels/cse's or 16+.........

what're they called now...and how have folks kids got on??

Sue
Old Aug 25th 2005, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: O levels (or whatever they are called now!!)

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
just wanted to wish any soon to be expats good luck with their exam results, which i believe come out today!

in my day ( ) they were o levels/cse's or 16+.........

what're they called now...and how have folks kids got on??

Sue
They are now called GCSEs.
My daughter got her results today and she has got 7 grade Cs which might not seem good to some, but she is profoundly deaf and also dyspraxic, so we are very proud of her.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 12:33 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mand8002
My daughter got her results today and she has got 7 grade Cs which might not seem good to some, but she is profoundly deaf and also dyspraxic, so we are very proud of her.

aw.... thats fantastic!!!!
how will you be celebrating ?

sue
Old Aug 25th 2005, 12:50 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Brilliant stuff Miss mand8002 Clever girl for doing so well. 7, wow!!!
Old Aug 25th 2005, 12:57 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

My daughter got 4 c's and 5 d's, I must admit I was a little disappointed at the d's, although her maths teacher was thrilled that she'd got a d in maths! also she didn't do any revision. I did nag her constantly to do some I even banned her from going out in the week so she would have no excuse not to do any, what's that phrase "you can take a horse to water but you can't make them drink" just image how well she would've done if she'd put the work in!!
Old Aug 25th 2005, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
aw.... thats fantastic!!!!
how will you be celebrating ?

sue
Well she is in the UK and we are here in Oz (long story), she went back there last Sunday. Will see her again in October so will celebrate then. I had her a card and pressie already prepared so my husband gave her that and she was thrilled. Can't wait till she moves here permanently.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulation to your daughter thats a great achievement!

My daughter is dyslexic and has had to struggle through school too. She found maths particularly difficult.She had learning support for maths and English for 6 yrs from yr 3- 8 .
To our joy and amazement she got 9 Bs- and a C - for Science. Yes even a B in Maths!!
10yrs of being thought of as slow, a failure, backward, stupid, not included in games because she took a bit longer to understand "the rules" children made up in the playground

We've always said there's no such word as can't and she has battled away to do what I see as her reaching her potential. I'm very proud of her and she is thrilled. The world's the limit
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by mandi248
My daughter got 4 c's and 5 d's, I must admit I was a little disappointed at the d's, although her maths teacher was thrilled that she'd got a d in maths! also she didn't do any revision. I did nag her constantly to do some I even banned her from going out in the week so she would have no excuse not to do any, what's that phrase "you can take a horse to water but you can't make them drink" just image how well she would've done if she'd put the work in!!
they are still good results!!
in this day and age, the options available are huge - she may see the error of her ways and go back to school NEXT year to resit if she doesnt this year!

My daughter is dyslexic and has had to struggle through school too. She found maths particularly difficult.She had learning support for maths and English for 6 yrs from yr 3- 8 .
To our joy and amazement she got 9 Bs- and a C - for Science. Yes even a B in Maths!!
excellent results!

you must all be dead chuffed.........

I was looking at our local paper last night, which showed the best school got a 94% pass at c or above, whereas the local, crappest school got 44%......and people wonder why i traipse from one side of sheffield to the other every day to take my kids to a good school!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I was looking at our local paper last night, which showed the best school got a 94% pass at c or above, whereas the local, crappest school got 44%......and people wonder why i traipse from one side of sheffield to the other every day to take my kids to a good school![/QUOTE]

Good for you Sue - you know what's best for your children.
We'll be coming up to Sheffield in a couple of weeks to bring our son and his belongings to Sheffield Hallam. (He is also dyslexic and has had a struggle to cope with organising school work , we hope he'll cope with uni., getting to lectures on time, not loosing things etc. )if you see a tall 19yr old wandering around Sheffield lost, it will be my son bless him - this gap yr he's lost his wallet twice and his passport once.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 1:46 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Cograts to all those kids who got their results today. And those with special kids, you've given me hope, thanks
Old Aug 27th 2005, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by helinuk
Congratulation to your daughter thats a great achievement!

10yrs of being thought of as slow, a failure, backward, stupid, not included in games because she took a bit longer to understand "the rules" children made up in the playground

We've always said there's no such word as can't and she has battled away to do what I see as her reaching her potential. I'm very proud of her and she is thrilled. The world's the limit
Congratulations to your daughter too. She has got brilliant results, and it just shows that with determination to succeed, it is possible.