Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

O.K Give Peace A Chance - Solutions?

O.K Give Peace A Chance - Solutions?

Old Aug 20th 2004, 10:20 am
togooff&things

Default O.K Give Peace A Chance - Solutions?

There has been many threads that have ended in the same old bickering recently. Surely this will go on untill a compromise is reached? I have sometimes felt really uneasy about my decision to move after reading some of the negitive remarks. This has affected my whole day sometimes. Just be nice to be able to avoid certain outlooks on days when I'm looking for a boost. And equally to join in when I feel the need for a bit a of reality check and a banter.

What say people to seeking a solution so that everyone is happy (ok - rose tinteds on now!)

Surely this forum is for everyone to get information, dicuss pro's and cons, allay fears & boost hopes. If people want to talk about the down sides and the problems - great - but can they not do it on their own threads rather than "extracting the urine" from those who are seeking a little hope in their lives? I think posts should be marked as problems or solutions / negitive or possitive - perhaps with a coloured marker on the main threads list. If we can just respect that we all are looking for different things from this site then it should be easy to express yourself with out fear of being shouted down - as long as those with negitive comments stick to the "say" blue posts and the rosy ones stick to the pink posts? OK, that may make things a bit to regimental. Perhaps another colour for thoses who don't care. Or a separate "dreamers" and "been there done it" listing, where people can post without fear of critisism? Life is critical enough for all of us, without needing it in out leisure time too. But a little segrigation in some of the contraversial topics - good or bad - will allow freedom of choice - which surely will keep everyone happy?

Old Aug 20th 2004, 10:59 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough
Default Re: O.K Give Peace A Chance - Solutions?

Originally Posted by togooff&things
There has been many threads that have ended in the same old bickering recently. Surely this will go on untill a compromise is reached? I have sometimes felt really uneasy about my decision to move after reading some of the negitive remarks. This has affected my whole day sometimes. Just be nice to be able to avoid certain outlooks on days when I'm looking for a boost. And equally to join in when I feel the need for a bit a of reality check and a banter.

What say people to seeking a solution so that everyone is happy (ok - rose tinteds on now!)

Surely this forum is for everyone to get information, dicuss pro's and cons, allay fears & boost hopes. If people want to talk about the down sides and the problems - great - but can they not do it on their own threads rather than "extracting the urine" from those who are seeking a little hope in their lives? I think posts should be marked as problems or solutions / negitive or possitive - perhaps with a coloured marker on the main threads list. If we can just respect that we all are looking for different things from this site then it should be easy to express yourself with out fear of being shouted down - as long as those with negitive comments stick to the "say" blue posts and the rosy ones stick to the pink posts? OK, that may make things a bit to regimental. Perhaps another colour for thoses who don't care. Or a separate "dreamers" and "been there done it" listing, where people can post without fear of critisism? Life is critical enough for all of us, without needing it in out leisure time too. But a little segrigation in some of the contraversial topics - good or bad - will allow freedom of choice - which surely will keep everyone happy?
A herd of cats. Sit back a little from yourself and watch how you are affected?
Old Aug 20th 2004, 11:00 am
Brisbane 7th December

pocketdynamo125 is an unknown quantity at this point

confused
Old Aug 20th 2004, 11:01 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Here, here. Have some Karma too.

Paul.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 1:53 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

ok. You're "extracting the urine" right
Old Aug 20th 2004, 1:55 pm
Brisbane 7th December

pocketdynamo125 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still concerned about this "herd of cats".
Not the biggests fan of cats anyway but a whole herd of them, and do cats travel in a herd?????
Is this an Australian epidemic like locusts or fruit fly, how widespread is it?????
Old Aug 20th 2004, 4:21 pm
togooff&things

Originally Posted by Quinkana
A herd of cats. Sit back a little from yourself and watch how you are affected?

Is that deep, cryptic or just for the sake of it?

Old Aug 20th 2004, 4:23 pm
togooff&things

Originally Posted by diddy
Here, here. Have some Karma too.

Paul.
Why thank you

Old Aug 20th 2004, 4:33 pm
togooff&things

Why thank you
You know, from the simply massive response to this post (NOT) I see that you are all loving this bickering and no one is really truly interested in finding a solution. Oh well, I now understand why it is that I'm going off to try to live in one of the less populated areas of OZ. I guess I'm a hippy at heart. Thanks God my hubby understands me or I think I'd feel very alone in this world!

Old Aug 20th 2004, 4:44 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I think posts should be marked as problems or solutions / negitive or possitive - perhaps with a coloured marker on the main threads list. If we can just respect that we all are looking for different things from this site then it should be easy to express yourself with out fear of being shouted down - as long as those with negitive comments stick to the "say" blue posts and the rosy ones stick to the pink posts? OK, that may make things a bit to regimental. Perhaps another colour for thoses who don't care. Or a separate "dreamers" and "been there done it" listing, where people can post without fear of critisism? Life is critical enough for all of us, without needing it in out leisure time too. But a little segrigation in some of the contraversial topics - good or bad - will allow freedom of choice - which surely will keep everyone happy?
Oh, yes, and life is black and white, and pigs fly!

Sorry, but I can't believe you're being serious!
As if it would work!

So, I'm going to post about my life in Perth. Shall I make one post with all the good things, and one with all the bad things????
What about all the 'nothing' things, just normal things, not neg, not pos, just different.......

Argghhh!!
Old Aug 20th 2004, 4:50 pm
togooff&things

CHRIST ALMIGHTY, IT WAS ONLY A SUGGESTION!
You know i'm off this is bloody nonsence! Critical gits - enjoy your misery! No wonder you are so bitter, look closer to home than a harmless web site. Thanks so much for the confidence and warm reponce.

Old Aug 20th 2004, 4:56 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

You know i'm off this is bloody nonsence! Critical gits - enjoy your misery! No wonder you are so bitter, look closer to home than a harmless web site. Thanks so much for the confidence and warm reponce.

I'm not bitter or miserable thank you!

I'm having a ball!

I think you're taking things a bit to serious!
Old Aug 20th 2004, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

You know, from the simply massive response to this post (NOT) I see that you are all loving this bickering and no one is really truly interested in finding a solution. Oh well, I now understand why it is that I'm going off to try to live in one of the less populated areas of OZ. I guess I'm a hippy at heart. Thanks God my hubby understands me or I think I'd feel very alone in this world!
Has it occurred to you that it is the 'bickering', as you call it, that makes it interesting? The totally positive/negative views - Oz, UK, Outer Mongolia, wherever - are as boring as batshit. And who believes them anyway? Just imagine this positive interchange:

"Yes, I really think it's a wonderful place and the lettuces are so cheap"

"It's even more wonderful than that and the other salad vegetables leave me gob-smacked"

"Perfect"

"More perfect than that"

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Old Aug 20th 2004, 8:42 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a job opening for you in ACAS if you're interested?
Old Aug 20th 2004, 9:01 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Let me give you some suggestions. 1. Get over yourself. 2. If everyone was to agree and pat each others back, this board wouldn't be worth visiting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.