Nzqa

Old Aug 5th 2003, 10:29 pm
New Zealand Bound

rickandkara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nzqa

We submitted our application for a residence visa 25th July. They have just sent back our application with the reason

'Qualifications - If you are applying under the general skills category you must submit evidence of your qualifications. As your qualification is not included in the 'List of Recognised Qualifications', you must provide us with a NZQA Qualification Assessment Report. You will also need to have your qualifications assessed by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority in Wellington.'

We did not have the original certificate so requested a copy from 'City and Guilds'.

A certificate with the following was sent back
The part two certificate in
Fabrication and Welding competences
is awarded to Richard Adam Hyde

On the List of Recognised Qualifications - Trade Qualifications
Fabrication and Welding craft studies
The city and Guilds Part one and Part Two certificates named below, together with evidence of a completed apprenticeship registered with a recognised industry body, are assessed as occupying Category D.

We only have the Part 2 certificate but assumed city and guilds was the recognised industy body.

We need to send the qualification off to NZQA but don't understand why, and if we do have to send it off how much in £s will it cost, will we have to send it to New Zeland, how long will it take and apart from the copy of the certificate from city and guilds what else do we send?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Rick and Kara
Old Aug 5th 2003, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

tezzabart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nzqa

Originally posted by rickandkara
We submitted our application for a residence visa 25th July. They have just sent back our application with the reason

'Qualifications - If you are applying under the general skills category you must submit evidence of your qualifications. As your qualification is not included in the 'List of Recognised Qualifications', you must provide us with a NZQA Qualification Assessment Report. You will also need to have your qualifications assessed by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority in Wellington.'

We did not have the original certificate so requested a copy from 'City and Guilds'.

A certificate with the following was sent back
The part two certificate in
Fabrication and Welding competences
is awarded to Richard Adam Hyde

On the List of Recognised Qualifications - Trade Qualifications
Fabrication and Welding craft studies
The city and Guilds Part one and Part Two certificates named below, together with evidence of a completed apprenticeship registered with a recognised industry body, are assessed as occupying Category D.

We only have the Part 2 certificate but assumed city and guilds was the recognised industy body.

We need to send the qualification off to NZQA but don't understand why, and if we do have to send it off how much in £s will it cost, will we have to send it to New Zeland, how long will it take and apart from the copy of the certificate from city and guilds what else do we send?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Rick and Kara
I really feel for you Rick and Kara,I had hassle on this one too
I argued with our agent but in the end just wasted a good few weeks if not months come to think about it and had to send stuff to NZQA in the ,allthough mine was due to the fact my craft cert in bricklaying did not say parts 1and 2 and you seem to have that? anyway if you have to send it you can fast track it for about 200 odd quid takes about 4 weeks good luck and do'nt let them grind you down
tezza
Old Aug 6th 2003, 6:13 am
New Zealand Bound

Ho do we find out who was the recognised body? And if we can't find out will the part 2 certificate and the reference from the company stating I did an apprenticeship with them satisfy the NZQA?
Old Aug 6th 2003, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

tezzabart is an unknown quantity at this point

Ho do we find out who was the recognised body? And if we can't find out will the part 2 certificate and the reference from the company stating I did an apprenticeship with them satisfy the NZQA?
Hi
My cert was from C&G,and as I said at first I got the hump when they told me I would have to send off for verification,so I contacted C&G and got an aquivalance letter,but the trouble was it still did'nt state parts 1&2
So I give in and sent it off,I had all my app stuff,endentures and all that,lucky seeing it was 26 years ago!anyway they passed it OK
Do you have you're app papers? because the cert seems to be ok
Don't worry to much,I think it's more of a money spinner for theNZQA than trying to stop good tradespeople getting in
I think you'll be fine,it's just a bit of a pain sorting it
tezza
Old Aug 6th 2003, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Carpenter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nzqa

Rick and Kara,

We had exactly the same situation with my C & G in Carpentry. I only had a craft cert (level 2 equivelant) and no proof of apprenticeship.

I got a letter from the company that I did the apprenticeship with stating start and end dates and confirming that I attended college for 1 whole day and one evening a week for 2 years. They also stated that the CITB (construction industry training board)assesed my work throughout my apprenticeship.

This along with my certificate was enough for NZQA.

The time it takes varies but you can fast track it which will see it returned to you in a month for an extra $150.00.

I think the total cost was about $650/certificate we had to the same thing with my wife's NVQ 2 hairdressing cert. so cost us $1200 - $1300.

The wife's cert was returned in about 10 days but mine took the whole month. They send you a nice NZQA certificate stating that your ...whatever is equiuvelant to ..... NZ qualification so ultimatley this will help you get employment.

Good luck

Ian
Old Aug 6th 2003, 7:38 am
New Zealand Bound

Thanks Tezzabart.

I'm sorting it out today. One more question! Will we be asked to pay the immigration fee again when we send the application back?

Rick and Kara
Old Aug 6th 2003, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Carpenter is an unknown quantity at this point

One more question! Will we be asked to pay the immigration fee again when we send the application back?

Rick and Kara
Rick and Kara,

Not sure about that. Our application fee was returned when they told us that we needed to get NZQA assesment. I'd ring your case officer and ask them.

They also sent us NZQA application forms but these were out of date and did not include the option for fast tracking. I would goto the NZQA web site and download the latest documents just to be safe.

Ian
Old Aug 6th 2003, 5:47 pm
New Zealand Bound

Another question.

We sent in the application with Part 2 only certificate and not Part 1.

Requested Part 1 from City&Guilds, my problem is the wording on the certificate = 'Fabrication and Welding competences' the wording on the list of recognised qualifcations= 'Fabrication and Welding Engineering studies'.

If we get an additional letter from City&Guilds stating they are the same qualification then will this be enough to reapply without going through the NZQA.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

S/pick is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband had the same problem. The cert from city and guild stated he was credited an award in printing, it did'nt even mention parts 1 or 2 and on the list of recognised qualification it was also different. We got everything back in 28 days and paid aroun £150. You'll be fine has long as you have your letter stating the completed apprentice and the cert (if you have a letter for a job offer send that to, if it relates to your qualification).
My husband kept all of his booklets and folders from his apprenticeship, even his trade person union book and sent all of that. By the way he don it all in 1986 the case officer told us that no one in his office had ever seen all of some apprentice paperwork. The honest truth is that this whole immigration process as cost alot of money around £1300 and we were'nt taking any chances.

Good luck, but you'll be fine.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 10:23 pm
New Zealand Bound

Originally posted by S/pick
My husband had the same problem. The cert from city and guild stated he was credited an award in printing, it did'nt even mention parts 1 or 2 and on the list of recognised qualification it was also different. We got everything back in 28 days and paid aroun £150. You'll be fine has long as you have your letter stating the completed apprentice and the cert (if you have a letter for a job offer send that to, if it relates to your qualification).
My husband kept all of his booklets and folders from his apprenticeship, even his trade person union book and sent all of that. By the way he don it all in 1986 the case officer told us that no one in his office had ever seen all of some apprentice paperwork. The honest truth is that this whole immigration process as cost alot of money around £1300 and we were'nt taking any chances.

Good luck, but you'll be fine.

So did you go through the NZQA.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Yes we did. The thing you have to remember that in Nz when going for any job this certificate can help because of the wording of certain qualifications in the UK. it's a pain but obviously important if you want to go to NZ
Old Aug 8th 2003, 7:42 am
New Zealand Bound

Originally posted by S/pick
Yes we did. The thing you have to remember that in Nz when going for any job this certificate can help because of the wording of certain qualifications in the UK. it's a pain but obviously important if you want to go to NZ

I'm just sorting out the paper work for the NZQA fast track. Any tips especially getting the documents certified.

Thanks
Kara
Old Aug 8th 2003, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Which documents do you have to get certified? We had the stat dec from 2 of my huband employers done at a local solicitors and those documents were kept by the NZQA.