NZ weather generalised

Wikiposts

NZ weather generalised

Old Sep 1st 2003, 4:29 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MaryMc
We're near Orewa, and you're right we have some fantastic beaches.

We're usually 2 degrees or so warmer than Auckland city. Plenty of rain this winter though. Summer is hot and dry.

As for , Slip, Slop, Slap, yes, is the way to go!

MaryMc
House prices seemed a bit more sensible than 20 minutes closer to AKL. About NZD350-400K for a newish family 3 bedroom house and decent sized garden, I seem to remember.
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:55 pm
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

robernelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZ weather generalised

Originally posted by Watt Dabney
I've lived in Canterbury for 10 months now. My take on the weather here is this. Its definately drier here than the Uk. It tends to rain at night more, when it does rain it tends to for a couple of days then its gone. In the winter it gets pretty cold at night and you have a really sharp frost in the morning but these are usually followed by clear blue skies. You don't often get snow (so I'm told) we had a very light dusting this year (not what I call snow).
Summer was beautiful and hot. I found it a dry heat, not at all muggy. You have to slap your suncream on straight away you burn in no time. The temps are often driven by the wind. If you get a norwester its a lovely warm wind, great for drying washing even mid winter. Everyone puts their washing on if a norwester is forcast. I have also heard somepeople attribute it to giving putting you in a bad mood, something to do with + or - charged ions I beleive. If you get a southerly even though the sun is out the wind is bitterly cold as it blows straight of the Antartic.
What I love is the amount of blue sunny skies you get here, even in winter it might not be warm but the sky is clear and the sun is shinning. Having said that it looks abit grey today!

Paula
Thanks Paul, it sounds great We will hopefilly be checking it out for ourselves soon though it will be summer then so it is nice to get an idea of the winter as well.
Regards.

Rob