Nz V Oz

Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

georgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the rough
Default Nz V Oz

OK, USA V Oz is a no brainer but how does Oz compare to NZ? All views would be appreciated as we are trying to make up our minds which to pursue.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:35 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nz V Oz

Originally Posted by georgiagal
OK, USA V Oz is a no brainer but how does Oz compare to NZ? All views would be appreciated as we are trying to make up our minds which to pursue.
NZ clean green and mean.

OZ Hot, Hot, Hot,
Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:39 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Australia

- better climate overall, more variety of climate too.
- stronger and larger economy => more opportunities & higher living standards
- citizenship in three years (proposed new law), not five.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:40 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmmm, not sure you'll get any unbiased views here, no one can see past "The Lucky Country."
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:59 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mackinnon
Hmmmmm, not sure you'll get any unbiased views here, no one can see past "The Lucky Country."
Well this is the bloody Australian forum. Of course its going to be full of the people waiting to come here and the people already here enjoying life combined with the odd bitter and twisted person...
Old Mar 5th 2006, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default No contest..........

I prefer NZ
Old Mar 5th 2006, 1:43 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: No contest..........

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I prefer NZ
Most New Zealanders seem to prefer OZ, half the country has immigrated over to OZ.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 1:53 am

Fitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to all

OK, USA V Oz is a no brainer .
Why ?
Old Mar 5th 2006, 1:57 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

I applied and got the invite to NZ, but read some real horror stories regarding racism towards white emigrants on the NZ side of the forum and it did put us off without a doubt, and before the pack attacks I was also PMed by some plumbers out there who are returning to the UK because of the appalling rates.
So now going the Oz route, I think NZ is a spectacular country though, especially the Shire
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:30 am
journey from here to here

puna will become famous soon enough

OZ better wages
very cold in winter
windy all year
very expensive
Old Mar 5th 2006, 10:32 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Nz V Oz

Hmm well 600 kiwis a week leave NZ for OZ, the number of Ozzies going to live in NZ is just a trickle....

It depends what you want from life. NZ the wages are very very low and the cost of living is very very very high. I know people who went to NZ with a lot of money from the UK and have spent all their UK money just trying to live day to day. In NZ you choose between heating and eating, because you can't afford both.

BUT there are many British people living in NZ who seem to be fairly happy there. I wasn't, I couldn't stand the cold, damp living conditions (inside and out!) and the fact that I couldn't afford to do much.

The other thing that stops me from living in NZ again is the working conditions. The wages are so low and you are expected to work extra hours for free - I know one person who is paid for 40 hours but works on average 60 a week. Also NZ employers HATE British people to be in the slightest bit more experienced than them, and frequently discipline / sack them for not doing things the "Kiwi" way. As a British worker in NZ you are unlikely to ever be promoted. Your NZ co-workers will set you up to fail because they hate a foreigner being better than them. This is a known factor in NZ employment called "cutting your legs off". Do a search on the NZ forum for more details.

I don't have experience of living in Oz... yet, but going by posts on this board compared with the NZ one, it seems that these issues are not so prevalent in Oz.

My advice - Oz every time. Every time. No exception.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Mar 5th 2006, 5:48 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Well this is the bloody Australian forum. Of course its going to be full of the people waiting to come here and the people already here enjoying life combined with the odd bitter and twisted person...
Maybe one day some of you folks on here will realise that the only way to gain any true insight into anything is to consider the positives AND the negatives.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

sinsbury family will become famous soon enough

Went to Oz and NZ last year on holiday. Absolutely loved Christchurch and the South Island in general. Loved the clear crisp mornings. Would love to retire their later on in life. Moving to OZ though as also liked it and felt more opportunities for the kids.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 8:45 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mackinnon
Maybe one day some of you folks on here will realise that the only way to gain any true insight into anything is to consider the positives AND the negatives.
What *is* your agenda?
Old Mar 5th 2006, 10:29 pm
Home.

Originally Posted by Hutch
What *is* your agenda?
I wouldn't say that I have an agenda, that's a bit serious sounding for an internet messageboard.

I have been to around Australia, my wife is Australian, and we are going to Hobart for 5 years in April, hence my hanging around this board.

And whilst I'm on here, if anyone needs an opinion, I will give them a TRUE opinion, and one which may or may not include some negatives. For instance, I have stated on this board I find Melbourne to be a great city, whilst personally I find Perth mind-numbing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.