Dunedin
9.09%
Other
12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

NZ update destination poll

Old Aug 18th 2003, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ update destination poll

Its been a while and I've forgotten where some of the posters are heading or have gone to in NZ.

Destination: CChch or Dunedin

When: before end of 2003

Old Aug 18th 2003, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Akaubear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZ update destination poll

In.... Tauranga (well - Papamoa!)

Since... January 2003

So far so good!

Nicola.
Old Aug 19th 2003, 4:12 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Landing in Christchurch.
Old Aug 19th 2003, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice
Default Where in NZ

We moved to West Auckland on arrival purely because that's where husbands job was - two years down the line we wouldn't want to live any where else ........... On the North Island that is !
Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:07 am
Christchurch Bound

stephen john is an unknown quantity at this point
Default destination NZ

We arrive in NZ on 14 September,plan to travel around North Island before reaching Christchurch on 27th.

See you all there!!

Steve
Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:34 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: destination NZ

Me for Dunedin.

I'm from there originally, and love its lifestyle and location.

Darren,
are you going to go out for holiday and try out both ChCh and Dunners, or are you going to decide before you go? Or does it depend on where the job offer comes from?

regards

Blair
Old Aug 19th 2003, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Ben.M is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm heading for the North Shore, October 2003, (fingers crossed).

Ben
Old Aug 19th 2003, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by southerner
Me for Dunedin.
Me for Dunedin too, if they let me in! Did you like my report Blair?

So who else is going to Dunedin? It's had 3 votes so far, or did you vote for it Darren?

Gra..
Old Aug 19th 2003, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

We're going to Taranaki - out in the sticks!
Old Aug 20th 2003, 8:45 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ update destination poll

Wellington looks like a dark horse with 6 votes, the same as Auckland.

I don't recall many posts from these people, are they watching from behind the bushes?? Come out and tell us about yourselves.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Gra.B
Me for Dunedin too, if they let me in! Did you like my report Blair?

So who else is going to Dunedin? It's had 3 votes so far, or did you vote for it Darren?

Gra..
I voted CChch for now, but after Southerner(Blair) giving me some info and also doing abit of research, Dunedin is looking a good option. I'll have to suss out more when I'm there.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Me for Dunedin.

I'm from there originally, and love its lifestyle and location.

Darren,
are you going to go out for holiday and try out both ChCh and Dunners, or are you going to decide before you go? Or does it depend on where the job offer comes from?

regards

Blair
Job offer is obviously the key to opening the door(no pun intended), but definite visit and stay in Dunedin is required before I decide to settle anywhere in NZ.

Buyer phoned last night, wants to complete 24th Sept and asked did I mind it being so quick......and my reply was?????

What do think

So sorting a rental out in the next week and then waiting for expo in Oct, and from that visit will set off for a trip to NZ for a month or so. If job offer gained while in NZ then I'm open to suggestions

Come back and apply for PR
Come back and apply for work visa
Stay and apply work visa(have to come home and tie up loose ends though like furniture being shipped)
Stay and apply for PR(have to come home and tie up loose ends though like furniture being shipped)

What do you and others suggest would be best decision if I managed to get job offer while on visitors visa, bearing in mind I've got 3 young kiddies?
Old Aug 20th 2003, 12:34 pm
Here in Dunedin

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere

What do you and others suggest would be best decision if I managed to get job offer while on visitors visa, bearing in mind I've got 3 young kiddies?
Answer: Be bold-Stay and apply for PR. Or at least plan for this eventuality, and then fall back to one of the other alternatives it doesn't look like working.

Just my 5.4c worth.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Answer: Be bold-Stay and apply for PR. Or at least plan for this eventuality, and then fall back to one of the other alternatives it doesn't look like working.

Just my 5.4c worth.
Its probably the best bet to stay, avoids taking kids all the way back to UK only to have to do the journey all again. I need the job offer to get PR. If I get a job offer can I apply for PR on a visitors visa? or will I need to apply for a work visa? Are you allowed to stay and apply straight away for PR or work visa? Also, while I'm applying, what visa would my wife & kids need to apply for or is the visitors visa ok for a 6mth period?

Blair, how long you got left? Excitement beginning to build up I bet
Old Aug 20th 2003, 12:44 pm
Here in Dunedin

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere
Its probably the best bet to stay, avoids taking kids all the way back to UK only to have to do the journey all again. I need the job offer to get PR. If I get a job offer can I apply for PR on a visitors visa? or will I need to apply for a work visa? Are you allowed to stay and apply straight away for PR or work visa? Also, while I'm applying, what visa would my wife & kids need to apply for or is the visitors visa ok for a 6mth period?

Blair, how long you got left? Excitement beginning to build up I bet
Why not call NZIS in New Zealand (avoids the £1 per min charges here in London) and ask about applying for PR over there. Other posts would indicate they would be pretty amenable to that, and have been known to issue a temporary work permit while the PR paperwork is done, just so you can start work.

See my new thread just posted on my situation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.