NZ query

Old Feb 27th 2002, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

p__sullivan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ query

Hi everyone,
well as i said in an earlier post my partner and i want to move to nz and we were thinking of using a consultant. However we have now just received their fees/costs including a 10% of your 1st years wages if they help you secure a job. Needless to say this is a bit of a shock. The question i'm hoping you all can answer is how difficult is it to apply without a consultant? or is it worth the money for less hassle?

Thanks for your help

Paul

ps. any teachers had problems registering?
Old Feb 27th 2002, 9:25 pm
Winnie

Default Re: NZ query

"p__sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone, well as i said in an earlier post my partner and i want to move to nz
    > and we were thinking of using a consultant. However we have now just received their
    > fees/costs including a 10% of your 1st years wages if they help you secure a job.
    > Needless to say this is a bit of a shock. The question i'm hoping you all can
    > answer is how difficult is it to apply without a consultant? or is it worth the
    > money for less hassle?

I found it easy enough to apply for PR alone; the forms are not complicated and NZIS
are super efficient. No comment on the job front.

Good luck! Winnie xx

Old Feb 27th 2002, 11:45 pm
Cristian Croito

I always considered that people using consultants to immigrate to NZ do not deserve
the privilege to be accepted as NZers Do you score the pass mark? Apply yourself!
The difference is just a few hours of paper work (and quite a few thousands..)!! And
keep in mind that the NZ Immigration officer is there to assist you in the process,
not to make your life more difficult!

Cheers (and cheerup) and good luck!

Cristian Croitoru

"p__sullivan" <[email protected]> :
    > Hi everyone, well as i said in an earlier post my partner and i want to move to nz
    > and we were thinking of using a consultant. However we have now just received their
    > fees/costs including a 10% of your 1st years wages if they help you secure a job.
    > Needless to say this is a bit of a shock. The question i'm hoping you all can
    > answer is how difficult is it to apply without a consultant? or is it worth the
    > money for less hassle?
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    >
    > Paul
    >
    > ps. any teachers had problems registering?
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Feb 28th 2002, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

almey is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you looked on www.teachnz.govt.nz it has all the info on there for teachers - employment, pay, registration details etc.

No I do not think you need an agent the forms are straight forward.
My wife registered to teach in nz and had her skills assesed very easily and quickly.

we had a friend who went out last december which is not a good time to look for jobs, she simply visited schools with her cv she actually got a promotion to head of science.

It would appear secondary school teachers are in more demand than primary.

cheers steve
Old Feb 28th 2002, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

almey is an unknown quantity at this point

Send any queries to [email protected]
she has always got back to us very quickly and is very keen to get teachers in to nz.

Don't give up

All the best Steve
Old Feb 28th 2002, 8:45 am
Nicki

On 27 Feb 2002 15:23:37 -0600, p__sullivan <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi everyone, well as i said in an earlier post my partner and i want to move to nz
    >and we were thinking of using a consultant. However we have now just received their
    >fees/costs including a 10% of your 1st years wages if they help you secure a job.
    >Needless to say this is a bit of a shock. The question i'm hoping you all can answer
    >is how difficult is it to apply without a consultant? or is it worth the money for
    >less hassle?
    >
    >Thanks for your help
    >
    >Paul
    >
    >ps. any teachers had problems registering?

I personally found it very easy to fill the forms in myself. Mind you
- I haven't been accepted yet! I'm off to London tomorrow to take my forms to NZIS -
so I'll post then to let people know how it went!

As for teachers - once we get PR (see - I'm being optimistic!) my husband intends to
register as a teacher, so again - I'll post the details if and when.

Good luck! Nicki.
--
(Remove SPAM from e-mail address to reply...)

Old Feb 28th 2002, 9:45 am
Jaj

It sounds very unusual for a consultant to charge the job seeker. Normally the fee
for someone acting as a recruitment agent is paid by the employer.

In my opinion, anyone with a reasonable level of education (a necessity for skilled
migration) and from an English speaking country should be more than capable of doing
their own application for a country like NZ, unless there are special reasons. A good
consultant can help in terms of peace of mind and covering all bases, although a bad
one can be worse than useless.

Jeremy

>On 27 Feb 2002 15:23:37 -0600, p__sullivan <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi everyone, well as i said in an earlier post my partner and i want to move to nz
    >and we were thinking of using a consultant. However we have now just received their
    >fees/costs including a 10% of your 1st years wages if they help you secure a job.
    >Needless to say this is a bit of a shock. The question i'm hoping you all can answer
    >is how difficult is it to apply without a consultant? or is it worth the money for
    >less hassle?
    >
    >Thanks for your help
    >
    >Paul
    >
    >ps. any teachers had problems registering?
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Feb 28th 2002, 9:45 am
Pat

"Cristian Croitoru" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I always considered that people using consultants to immigrate to NZ do not deserve
    > the privilege to be accepted as NZers Do you score the pass mark? Apply
    > yourself! The difference is just a few hours of paper work (and quite a few
    > thousands..)!! And keep in mind that the NZ Immigration officer is there to assist
    > you in the process, not to make your life more difficult!
    >
    > Cheers (and cheerup) and good luck!
    >
    > Cristian Croitoru
    >
    > "p__sullivan" <[email protected]> :
    > > Hi everyone, well as i said in an earlier post my partner and i want to move to
    > > nz and we were thinking of using a consultant. However we have now just received
    > > their fees/costs including a 10% of your 1st years wages if they help you secure
    > > a job. Needless to say this is a bit of a shock. The question i'm hoping you all
    > > can answer is how difficult is it to apply without a consultant? or is it worth
    > > the money for less hassle?
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help
    > >
    > > Paul
    > >
    > > ps. any teachers had problems registering?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Christian, I take your point on that however what are you supposed to do when you ask
NZIS for information and are told that they can't answer the question?? OK so if you
have a straightforward case then fair enough you'd be silly to spend thousands (I
assume) as it *is* very easy. Except in some circumstances where basic information
simply is not available and no-one including NZIS can answer a query. I'd consider
using a business consultant not to avoid taking hours on my application, but to get
it right and not make a stuff up.

Old Feb 28th 2002, 10:32 pm
Leab

I did it myself=2E Give it a try=2C it's not very difficult=2E Just be truthful and
supply all the information that you can=2E

On 27 Feb 2002 15=3A23=3A37 -0600 p=5F=5Fsullivan
=3Cforums=40britishexpats=2Ecom=3E wrote=3A

=3E Hi everyone=2C well as i said in an earlier post my partner and i want to 3E move
=to nz and we were thinking of using a consultant=2E However we have 3E now just
=received their fees=2Fcosts including a 10% of your 1st years 3E wages if they help
=you secure a job=2E Needless to say this is a bit of a 3E shock=2E The question i'm
=hoping you all can answer is how difficult is it 3E to apply without a consultant=3F
=or is it worth the money for less hassle=3F 3E 3E Thanks for your help 3E 3E Paul 3E
=3E ps=2E any teachers had problems registering=3F 3E 3E 3E 3E -- 3E Posted via
=http=3A=2F=2Fbritishexpats=2Ecom 3E

Old Mar 1st 2002, 2:35 am
Cristian Croito

Fair enough.. But make sure you maximise your benefites/cost ration.. It is a pitty
you have to go into the grey area, I always admired NZIS for their strugle to
eliminate it, although not always succesful.. Good luck!

Cristian Croitoru

PS It would be nice if, at the end of your endevour, you will make a formal
complain/report to NZIS highlighting your problems. They will be able to look into
it and save time and money for other people. "Pat" <[email protected]> :
    > Christian, I take your point on that however what are you supposed to do when you
    > ask NZIS for information and are told that they can't answer the question?? OK so
    > if you have a straightforward case then fair enough you'd be silly to spend
    > thousands (I assume) as it *is* very easy. Except in some circumstances where basic
    > information simply is not available and no-one including NZIS can answer a query.
    > I'd consider using a business consultant not to avoid taking hours on my
    > application, but to get it right and not make a stuff up.