nz driving

Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:52 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default nz driving

Is there a website for the highway code for nz would save me buying a book. Ive had some v. scarey near misses at traffic lights/junctions etc with that right turn/left turn rule
Old Mar 12th 2004, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

DonnaS is an unknown quantity at this point

If there's a highway code I don't think anyone abides by it! NZ drivers are nutters!!

The right turn/left turn rule is opposite to the UK. If you're turning right and someone coming towards you is turning left (therefore into the same road), they have to stop and let you go first! I find it harder remembering to stop, when normally you would just swing round left.

Apparently they're changing it soon as well!
Old Mar 12th 2004, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

DonnaS is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.ltsa.govt.nz/roadcode/contents.html
Old Mar 12th 2004, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Akaubear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: nz driving

You could try borrowing it from the library - or look in the reference section - it's sure to be there & in pristine condition because I don't suppose any NZer has read it.

You'll also need it when you apply for your NZ licence, as it has all the questions (and answers) in it!

Nicola
Old Mar 12th 2004, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if the questions change each year, just I bought the 2003 edition when we first arrived and now I see there is a 2004 one out. Must take the scratch test soon.

Thanks Gill
Old Mar 12th 2004, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Akaubear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gill and Rob
Does anyone know if the questions change each year, just I bought the 2003 edition when we first arrived and now I see there is a 2004 one out. Must take the scratch test soon.

Thanks Gill
I'm fairly sure the questions don't change. We had the 2002 version, took the test in 2003 - and the questions were the same. But of course, there's always a first time!

The scratch tests are "easy as" - and don't forget to post your score!

Nicola
Old Mar 12th 2004, 4:24 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Never thought of the library thanks for that have already got my library card so will go get tomorrow
Thanks
Old Mar 12th 2004, 5:57 am
sky
Banned

Thanks donna that is just what I was looking for just had a good look through seems pretty straight forward. Just one thing puzzling me, cant seem to find out what those white diagonal lines at the side of the road mean... Im pretty sure theyre not parking bays lol, is it the hard shoulder or does it mean you cant go on them was hoping I would find on the web site but must have missed
Old Mar 12th 2004, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Gill and Rob

Thanks Gill
You can buy sample scratch tests from most bookshops at about $5 a pop. Doing one or 2 of these is a lot cheaper than failing the real test and gives you some confidence (or not if you fail even these).

Dosn't affect your ability to drive in NZ though, just have to do the test again.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 7:01 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
You can buy sample scratch tests from most bookshops at about $5 a pop. Doing one or 2 of these is a lot cheaper than failing the real test and gives you some confidence (or not if you fail even these).

Dosn't affect your ability to drive in NZ though, just have to do the test again.
I didn't think it was really worth buying the scratch card as the questions are exactly the same as in the book.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 7:20 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sky
Thanks donna that is just what I was looking for just had a good look through seems pretty straight forward. Just one thing puzzling me, cant seem to find out what those white diagonal lines at the side of the road mean... Im pretty sure theyre not parking bays lol, is it the hard shoulder or does it mean you cant go on them was hoping I would find on the web site but must have missed
Sky

Pretty sure they are the same as the ones you will see in the middle of the road just before a right turning lane. They mean that only traffic planning to turn should drive there. Theres a bit in the road code book on them.