Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NZ. BBC2 3.30pm Got a new life

NZ. BBC2 3.30pm Got a new life

Old Feb 9th 2004, 8:31 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default NZ. BBC2 3.30pm Got a new life

Just a reminder its on today.

Pollster you listening
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Bump it up to top...

See how Paul & Julie have settled in Taraunga, NZ.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:24 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Pollster you around love.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:33 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Jack Daws
Pollster you around love.
not seen her for a couple of days, i bet she is really busy.

Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:34 pm
Banned

Pitty. She wanted a reminder for this.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

The ones who went out and bought a brand new house the week after they arrived?

Is this 'a year on'? Wouldn't want to watch the first one again
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:36 pm
WBB

Pitty. She wanted a reminder for this.
pollster is online....her name is up there.

Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:39 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Ailsa
The ones who went out and bought a brand new house the week after they arrived?

Is this 'a year on'? Wouldn't want to watch the first one again

No it was filmed 6 months on. So that will be about 6 months ago.
The people involved go by the username Firing1 and have been on here. Do a search and he tells you some of the stuff he's been upto.

Jack
Old Feb 9th 2004, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, took the time before the programme to scan through the posts. Certainly gave a different point of view

The programme was about half or even more based on original but had changed the dialogue quite a bit I think.

Hope all still going well for them and no doubt this thread will grow & grow.

Old Feb 9th 2004, 3:38 pm
WBB

fair play to them, they made a go of it and seemed to do OK.

Old Feb 9th 2004, 3:38 pm
Go Banana's !!

Hadn't realised this was an update and just flicked on it in time.

I feel it really showed how tough it can be.
Far from it putting me off again (that roller coaster strikes again), it actually inspired me and I thought the family were really brave, as they were so close to their family.
Made me realise how lucky we will be having all the family we have in Perth (16 to be precise!) and that we will only move once the house is sold, I couldn't handle that stress !
Our highs and lows will be interesting and above all I will try to keep my sense of humour for the site and post all our traumas for you guys.

Let the adventure begin :scared:

Jill

Old Feb 9th 2004, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

This one was much more favourable than the way they edited the last one. I agree about the bravery, we'll be making the move with no family/ friends out there so it's good to be taken down a bit from cloud nine and get yourself ready for how hard it will really be to be there on our own. Well done Paul & Julie, I always read the posts with interest.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:04 pm
Banned

Seemed to have put a lot of pressure on themselves. What with the house, bussiness and then starting another. I think a lot of their intial problems where made worse by these pressures.

It did make me wonder if they had lost sight of the reasons that they had moved.

How much and in what ways have their lifes changed from that in Covenrty?

But fair play to them, they worked hard and where there for each other. Lets hope everyone else that gives it a go can be strong like them.

Also how was the show edited.

Good luck to them.

Jack
Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:26 pm
Banned

Bump.

Anyone else watch it yet
Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:28 pm
Go Banana's !!

Bump.

Anyone else watch it yet
I did but Warren peed off I didn't record it !

Jill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.