NZ to Aus

Old Apr 23rd 2011, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

lyndsay0505 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ to Aus

Hi im wondering if someone can help me. How long after becoming a New Zealand Citizen can you move to Australia? Is it the same kind of Visa needed if applying from the uk? I read somewhere that a NZ citizen can come and go from Aus freely and is allowed to live and work there without being a permanent resident. Is this correct? I have family moving to Aus from UK and was thinking of joining them in the future, was just wondering if thats a possibility. Thanks in advance
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 4:33 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ to Aus

You can move to Australia freely, as an NZ citizen, but you don't get permanent resident rights (including the ability to become an Australian citizen) unless you qualify for one of the available permanent resident visas.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/New_Ze...s_in_Australia

If you don't have a permanent or other specific visa, you normally get a Subclass 444 Special Category Visa stamped on arrival. If you have a New Zealand passport and an absence of serious criminal offences.

To become a New Zealander you need to qualify to migrate to NZ, then there is a waiting time of 5 years before you can apply for citizenship and around another year to have it processed.

Last edited by JAJ; Apr 23rd 2011 at 4:35 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
You can move to Australia freely, as an NZ citizen, but you don't get permanent resident rights (including the ability to become an Australian citizen) unless you qualify for one of the available permanent resident visas.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/New_Ze...s_in_Australia

If you don't have a permanent or other specific visa, you normally get a Subclass 444 Special Category Visa stamped on arrival. If you have a New Zealand passport and an absence of serious criminal offences.

To become a New Zealander you need to qualify to migrate to NZ, then there is a waiting time of 5 years before you can apply for citizenship and around another year to have it processed.
Hi thank you for the reply. What would happen if i was a NZ citizen and wanted to do an apprenticeship in Aus. I take it thats not allowed as im not an Aus citizen?
Old Apr 24th 2011, 4:14 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyndsay0505
Hi thank you for the reply. What would happen if i was a NZ citizen and wanted to do an apprenticeship in Aus. I take it thats not allowed as im not an Aus citizen?
You can do an apprenticeship here if you want. Did you look at the link that JAJ told you about?
Old Apr 24th 2011, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

jimmyoz2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You can do an apprenticeship here if you want. Did you look at the link that JAJ told you about?
be careful moving here as a nzer see

http://www.specialcategoryvisa.com/subclass444/

http://www.smh.com.au/queensland/kiw...423-1dsfm.html

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/austral...on-Kiwis-cause

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/2616406
Old Apr 25th 2011, 4:48 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmyoz2010
CFA photo for a story about the MFESB. Nice reporting.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 9:24 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi im wondering if someone can help me. How long after becoming a New Zealand Citizen can you move to Australia? Is it the same kind of Visa needed if applying from the uk? I read somewhere that a NZ citizen can come and go from Aus freely and is allowed to live and work there without being a permanent resident. Is this correct? I have family moving to Aus from UK and was thinking of joining them in the future, was just wondering if thats a possibility. Thanks in advance
Look into the cons of doing it on a SCV and the benefits of getting PR. I recommend you do the latter because of the obvious security it gives you and access to benefits, if you should need them in the future.

But either way you'll be able to join your family.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
Look into the cons of doing it on a SCV and the benefits of getting PR. I recommend you do the latter because of the obvious security it gives you and access to benefits, if you should need them in the future.

But either way you'll be able to join your family.

i agree do your research before you jump on a plain just see comments on below petition to see what problems you can run into........

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/fai...itizens-in-oz/
Old Apr 25th 2011, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

ok guys thanks, NZers seem to get a lot of problems
Old Apr 25th 2011, 9:43 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

But they have the right to live freely in Australia without meeting immigration requirements. No other nationality can do that.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

A bit of a theoretical question anyway, from other threads I gather OP is not a NZ citizen or PR.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
A bit of a theoretical question anyway, from other threads I gather OP is not a NZ citizen or PR.
good point
Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:53 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Only in exceptional circumstances.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Only in exceptional circumstances.
No access to HECS ever is an exceptional circumstance?

not been able to sponsor family for pr an exceptional circumstance?

nope nzers run into trouble in very ordinary circumstances.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 5:15 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmyoz2010
No access to HECS ever is an exceptional circumstance?

not been able to sponsor family for pr an exceptional circumstance?

nope nzers run into trouble in very ordinary circumstances.
And as has been said many times before - New Zealanders know the deal before they arrive in Australia, and can choose not to come. One way to avoid "running in to trouble".

BB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.