IT in NZ

Old Sep 17th 2003, 8:20 pm
bylogic

Default IT in NZ

Hi there,

I am moving to Auckland soon, currently I am working as a software developer in Vancouver Canada, I dont know how the IT field in NZ is, could any body give any cents?

thanks,
bylogic

Old Sep 17th 2003, 8:42 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: IT in NZ

Originally posted by bylogic
Hi there,

I am moving to Auckland soon, currently I am working as a software developer in Vancouver Canada, I dont know how the IT field in NZ is, could any body give any cents?

thanks,
bylogic
Poor beggar!
Old Sep 17th 2003, 10:01 pm
bylogic

Default Hey Fellow, why were you saying that?

I just asked a question see if anybody could give some information about the IT field in nz, if you don't know just ignore it. don't be mean! sometime you also need help!

Old Sep 17th 2003, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Ben.M is an unknown quantity at this point

Take a chill pill dude! That wasn't being mean, it was simply an attempt at humour.

Personally I think that by telling off a senior member like that, with over 1300 posts under their belt, you will not be doing yourself any favours and with that sort of attitude I doubt very much that anyone will bother to answer you.

As IT in NZ has been discussed many times on this forum your time could probably be better spent doing a search and reading through previous threads!

Ben
Old Sep 17th 2003, 10:49 pm
bylogic

well, maybe the culture difference, I dont see it's a sense of humour, over 1300 posts doesnt mean much in a bbs, a senior member shouldnt behaviour like that. if i am rude i would apologize. anyway not a big deal.

Old Sep 17th 2003, 10:56 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

well, maybe the culture difference, I dont see it's a sense of humour, over 1300 posts doesnt mean much in a bbs, a senior member shouldnt behaviour like that. if i am rude i would apologize. anyway not a big deal.
If you can't take a wind up you are going to be screwed when you get down under. You can put him on the ignore list but I suggest you relax, sit back and think about what type of people you want to live around.

There are Megas all over the place around here.
Old Sep 17th 2003, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

smithone is an unknown quantity at this point

The IT debate in NZ has been done to death. Not much more anyone can add.

Suggest you follow Ben's advice and look back over previous threads.

If you have a particular question then post it but if you review previous threads you'll get a good overall view of what's going on.
Old Sep 17th 2003, 11:02 pm
bylogic

thanks! Smithone, it's my first time to this forum, id better watch for a while, anway thank you for the directions.

Old Sep 18th 2003, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IT in NZ

Hi there,

thanks,
bylogic
I'm intrigued

With Vancouver being up there on the "Most desirable places to live in the World", the Olympics coming there and all the huge benefits that come with it, why are you moving to Auckland???

Hope you don't mind the question, but I think that's why Mega posted the "Lucky bugger" comment...