Wikiposts

NYE '05, Sydney

Old Aug 8th 2005, 1:25 pm
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice
Default NYE '05, Sydney

G'day all,

Got a few friends coming from home for Christmas and NY, and am looking to book a venue in Sydney for NYE - either a harbour cruise or a decent bar/restaurant with a terrace with a good view of the bridge.

We're all late 20's - early 30's and up for something along the lines of buffet food and inclusive grog while we catch up and watch the fireworks.

Anyone have suggestions for suitable venues?

Cheers
Old Aug 8th 2005, 1:32 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: NYE '05, Sydney

Originally Posted by 4lex
G'day all,

Got a few friends coming from home for Christmas and NY, and am looking to book a venue in Sydney for NYE - either a harbour cruise or a decent bar/restaurant with a terrace with a good view of the bridge.

We're all late 20's - early 30's and up for something along the lines of buffet food and inclusive grog while we catch up and watch the fireworks.

Cheers
Go for a harbour cruise, but you had better get booking now

Old Aug 8th 2005, 1:53 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4lex
G'day all,

Cheers
NYE 2003 Friends of mine bought tickets for Sydney Opera House - it has a few bars and different levels of catering - they had a ball and we saw them about 9.00 am the next day. The prices vary depending on your requirements but obviously one of the best view points.

We (family of four) went and sat on Blues Point across the water and had a great time too.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 4:31 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sandra
NYE 2003 Friends of mine bought tickets for Sydney Opera House - it has a few bars and different levels of catering - they had a ball and we saw them about 9.00 am the next day. The prices vary depending on your requirements but obviously one of the best view points.

We (family of four) went and sat on Blues Point across the water and had a great time too.
i'd go for the harbour cruise try captain cook cruises or do a search there are a few.....
Old Aug 8th 2005, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

OMG! I just checked the prices for a harbour cruise. Cheapest i found was $600!! :scared: :scared:

I think me and Mr Flutter will find a cosy spot on terra firma, bring our own grog and and do it for free. After all, we'll all be watching the same fireworks.

Are you allowed to hang around outside the opera house or is it cordoned off?
Old Aug 8th 2005, 5:57 pm
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice

Don't much fancy a boat on reflection, though there are some deals to be had, I found a deal inclusive of food & grog for 250pp.

Like the Opera House suggestion, thanks, might well go with that - off to check it out now.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:31 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Always a flipping nightmare finding somewhere to park though. All those little cul-de-sacs you use during the rest of the year crammed full. Where's the best spot to park if you're driving in from the south of Sydney? Can't believe we're discussing this already - lol -