Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone around from Yorkshire

Anyone around from Yorkshire

Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future
Default Anyone around from Yorkshire

Hi there have pm a few people from the white rose county and have just been told there are quite a few people around from Yorkshire thought it may be easier to do this. Are any of you interested in having a Yorkshire meet. We went to the NW meet yesterday and it was fantastic meeting other oz wannabees, having a drink and a chat - You are not alone! Don't know where and when yet just interested in numbers. Let me know and will see what I can organise. We are just at the beginning of the whole process (just doing skills assessments) but are hoping to be in Perth next year.

Lindsey, Andy and the boys
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:33 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone around from Yorkshire

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Hi there have pm a few people from the white rose county and have just been told there are quite a few people around from Yorkshire thought it may be easier to do this. Are any of you interested in having a Yorkshire meet. We went to the NW meet yesterday and it was fantastic meeting other oz wannabees, having a drink and a chat - You are not alone! Don't know where and when yet just interested in numbers. Let me know and will see what I can organise. We are just at the beginning of the whole process (just doing skills assessments) but are hoping to be in Perth next year.

Hi guys

as you know from the PMs YES we would love to meet up with anyone & everyone from Yorkshire! Just let us know!

Claire, Steve, Jonah & Bubs
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:39 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

hi lindsay

i also went to nw meet yesterday, but had to leave early to pick up son from a party

i hardly spoke to anybody, and would like to possible come to yorkshire meet (if it was this side of yorkshire). we live in rochdale. wherabouts are you thinking of for the meet?

michelle
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hi guys

as you know from the PMs YES we would love to meet up with anyone & everyone from Yorkshire! Just let us know!

Claire, Steve, Jonah & Bubs

hi,

had pm too, would be up for it specialy

steve & ange, jack natalie
Old Jul 31st 2005, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Darren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant future

Hello Lindsey,

We would really like a Yorkshire meet because we were unable to attend the recent Derby and also NW meets. We are in Rotherham so not very far from you. I have a positive TRA and applied for a Skilled Independant in the first week of June. We are also looking to be in Perth next year-hopefully around March. I have been classed as a General Electrician and will be going with wife Vanessa and our two young girls if our application is successful. We would be interested in a meet any weekend if you would like to. Pm me if you do or if you get lots of feedback for a Yorkshire meet we can wait until then.

Darren, Vanessa and the Girls
Old Jul 31st 2005, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Darren S
Hello Lindsey,

We would really like a Yorkshire meet because we were unable to attend the recent Derby and also NW meets. We are in Rotherham so not very far from you. I have a positive TRA and applied for a Skilled Independant in the first week of June. We are also looking to be in Perth next year-hopefully around March. I have been classed as a General Electrician and will be going with wife Vanessa and our two young girls if our application is successful. We would be interested in a meet any weekend if you would like to. Pm me if you do or if you get lots of feedback for a Yorkshire meet we can wait until then.

Darren, Vanessa and the Girls

count us in, we live in sheffield and know of two or three others from Sheffield too on the site.

if i could make it a suggestion and leaveit until the summer holidays are over? maybe september time?
Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Just thinking about the White Rose (Brewsters pub) which is beside the White Rose shopping centre in Leeds, just off the M62. Any body any other ideas/comments

Lindsey
Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:51 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Just thinking about the White Rose (Brewsters pub) which is beside the White Rose shopping centre in Leeds, just off the M62. Any body any other ideas/comments

Lindsey

is that near ikea and toys-r-us (and next, and mamas + papas, and, and, and, - can you tell i love shopping?!! ), or is it further on?

michelle
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Its the next junction on (toward the M1). Next to nice shopping centre, make it a day out. Where are you and where are you planning on going - I mean in oz, not Shopping
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:05 pm
Never going back

Its the next junction on (toward the M1). Next to nice shopping centre, make it a day out. Where are you and where are you planning on going - I mean in oz, not Shopping

lol.....we are in rochdale, and plan to go to port stephens/anna bay area (brother lives there). then we will go from there, depends on work etc.

where abouts are you heading to?

i've got to curb the shopping bit now, "there's no point buying unless absolutely neccessary" (quote hubbie!!! ).....oh well......... what he doesn't know wont hurt him...

michelle
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm pretty much the same on the shopping front, keep forgetting that it will probably take us twelve months from now. The children dont need christmas presents - do they? We are just at the very beginning of the whole process, I am a midwife ( I am actually from Bacup - I trained in Rochdale) and my hubby is a nurse. We are just in the process of getting skills assessments done. Hoping to be in Perth 2006! fingers crossed

Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:14 pm
Never going back

I'm pretty much the same on the shopping front, keep forgetting that it will probably take us twelve months from now. The children dont need christmas presents - do they? We are just at the very beginning of the whole process, I am a midwife ( I am actually from Bacup - I trained in Rochdale) and my hubby is a nurse. We are just in the process of getting skills assessments done. Hoping to be in Perth 2006! fingers crossed

did you train (midwifery?or nursing?) at the rochdale infirmary? it's just that my sister-in-law is a nurse, and she was at birch hill and at rochdale infirmary.

just thought i'd be nosey!!

good luck with the skills assessments

michelle
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Provisionally the 10th September, but I've just read that there is maybe a meet in Derby that day.. What does everyone think

Lindsey
Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:13 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
count us in, we live in sheffield and know of two or three others from Sheffield too on the site.

if i could make it a suggestion and leaveit until the summer holidays are over? maybe september time?
hiya debs
yup, also in sheffield......good idea about after the summer hols......
and make it somewhere near sheffield, i dont drive!!! puuuurrrleeeease!!???

sue
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:49 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Provisionally the 10th September, but I've just read that there is maybe a meet in Derby that day.. What does everyone think

Lindsey
We're from yorkshire too, but have already made the move, been in Sydney for 2.5 years now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.