Nvq 2

Old May 12th 2003, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nvq 2

Just wandering do you get anything for a NVQ 2 qualification if you are a spouse or do you need 1 and 2. Recent postings sugguest you get nothing for a NVQ3. Sounds a bit like Bullseye(nothing for two in a bed). Husband has a job offer but it been 14 days since job offer, he's going to phone them on Tuesdaynight to make sure everythings alright . This question is just incase.

Thanks for any help offered.

Samantha
Old May 12th 2003, 5:25 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds back to front, NVQ1 is the lowest, follwed by NVQ2 then
NVQ3.
Old May 12th 2003, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

My thoughts exactly. Could it be that 1 and 2 are obviously more in depth because of the individuals lack of knowledge and 3 can be obtained with just work experience allowing you to bypass 1 and 2. Wild guess.
Old May 12th 2003, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

A bit more info my accounting course starts at 2,3 and then 4. No 1.
Old May 12th 2003, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

The deeming date on my TRA assessment as a mechanical fitter was the date I was awarded my NVQ Level 3.

Not sure how this works because I'd already finished my apprenticeship 2 years before the NVQ L3 was awarded.

Regards
Karl.
Old May 13th 2003, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

valleygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Level 1 NVQ is the most basic qualification going up to level 4 and 5 which are supposed to be the same as degree level.

Who is the provider of the qualification?? If it is city and Guilds you are laughing. So is as Edexcel.

I think that you can get 10 points for having city and guilds and as a lecturer who teaches city and guilds I know that C&G are on par with NVQ.

Hope this is some help.
Old May 14th 2003, 9:15 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Im doing a TVQ at the moment 1 and then 2 (technical vocational qualification) is this classed as the same as an NVQ or am I wasting my time.Seen lots of NZ hospital websites advertising for sterilizing technicians but will my tvq be the same as the certs they require
Old Jun 12th 2003, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Coventry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qualifications question

I was curious if anyone knows if a city and guilds adult teaching certificate (730) is adequate for applying for 10 points for NZ.

I have checked the NZ qualification website and I am still unsure/

Any advice on its credibility as a qualification would be much appreciated.

Carol
Old Jun 12th 2003, 11:20 pm
Quiet one in the corner

kendra1 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by karlos
The deeming date on my TRA assessment as a mechanical fitter was the date I was awarded my NVQ Level 3.

Not sure how this works because I'd already finished my apprenticeship 2 years before the NVQ L3 was awarded.

Regards
Karl.
HI Karl
we are currently getting my fiances skills assesment form filled in, he is also a four year time served mechanical fitter with NVQ3 in engineering also HNC in engineering. How do we get his skills assessed and on what forms and lastly who do we send them to. I have read so much information over the last few months that I have completley confused myself.
thanks
kendra
Old Jun 13th 2003, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kendra1
HI Karl
we are currently getting my fiances skills assesment form filled in, he is also a four year time served mechanical fitter with NVQ3 in engineering also HNC in engineering. How do we get his skills assessed and on what forms and lastly who do we send them to. I have read so much information over the last few months that I have completley confused myself.
thanks
kendra
Hi Kendra,

It depends what occupation your fiancé is going to apply under. I had my engineering qualifications assessed by IEAust:-

http://www.ieaust.org.au/find/osqa.html

Also check out:-

http://www.engc.org.uk/international/

I had my trade qualifications assessed by TRA:-

http://www.workplace.gov.au/Workplac...53D529,00.html

All of the application forms are available on the sites. My advice is to spend some time on your skills assessments. They are the most important part of your application.

Send me a PM if you have specific questions.

Good luck.
Karl.