Nusing in OZ

Old Mar 5th 2018, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

sammy89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nusing in OZ

Hello everybody, Im currently about half way through the AHPRA process just wondering what advice people can offer me about working in OZ as a qualified nurse. I will probably try to do a years working visa to start and would like to do agency and travel I have experience in accident and emergency and currently work in the community as an IV nurse.
Looking for information on the health system as only ever worked within the NHS, the best agencies, best areas to work/ travel, and any tips for doing it solo. I fell in love with Bryon Bay whilst in OZ and maybe considering that area to settle and look for a sponsor coming toward the end of my travels. However that is not definite. Im looking for advice for places that are just as nice in the winter as they are in the summer (dosnt have to be hot all the time) as the chances are I will settle somewhere that I have worked whilst traveling. Im just at the starting point now and have no idea where to start looking for information about anything other than AHPRA, so all advice will be welcomed. Im aiming to get to OZ in January 2019 with a view of starting work shortly after.
thanks in advance for any help
sammy
Old Mar 7th 2018, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

geo_1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nusing in OZ

Just a wee heads up... once AHPRA approve your registration, you have 3 months to present yourself at an AHPRA office